IGNORED

Crystal Palace ( Away ) 12 December

Btay

Deserved win for Palace.

We had a couple of moments in the second half but that was all it was, moments. We have no idea about how to stop teams getting deep into our half and we have no idea how to sustain attacks. 

At our best we are a basketball team where we go chance for chance with no control on the game. At our worst we are just a terrible football team.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Deserved win for Palace.

We had a couple of moments in the second half but that was all it was, moments. We have no idea about how to stop teams getting deep into our half and we have no idea how to sustain attacks. 

At our best we are a basketball team where we go chance for chance with no control on the game. At our worst we are just a terrible football team.

Good analogy there. We don’t seem to control anything, we just recycle and go again. There doesn’t seem to be a plan.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

No idea but we’re only going backwards with this one. 

I'm open to the idea of replacing Rafa with a manager who has a solid vision for the future and can get us playing proactive football again. But not now. In the summer, maybe, but only after a proper managerial search. 

To sack him now and replace him with a stop-gap is only going to continue the awful trajectory this club has been on for years

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not wanting to start an argument but was there anything in that performance that you thought was even remotely acceptable?

No and I never said that mate. I have them credit for a 15 minute spell in the first half where we created a few chances and managed to string passes together. That’s all.

And I wouldn’t argue with you Dunc. Too much respect for you as a poster.

Eeeeeeh. These individual errors eh. Might have been poor footy under Carlo but these errors where pretty much sorted. Over the last 5/6 years we seem to make far too many leading to goals.

Poor show. We seem to be back to this team that doesn't realise footy is played in 2 half's.

5 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm open to the idea of replacing Rafa with a manager who has a solid vision for the future and can get us playing proactive football again. But not now. In the summer, maybe, but only after a proper managerial search. 

To sack him now and replace him with a stop-gap is only going to continue the awful trajectory this club has been on for years

Are you open to doing that from the Championship? Playing under this manager, we'll lose far more games than we'll win. FACT - I know how much this blob loves a good fact.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No and I never said that mate. I have them credit for a 15 minute spell in the first half where we created a few chances and managed to string passes together. That’s all.

And I wouldn’t argue with you Dunc. Too much respect for you as a poster.

Fair enough shippers, I’m not trYing to be a dick just had a few and feeling extremely frustrated because this is not good enough for Everton football club 

Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Fair enough shippers, I’m not trYing to be a dick just had a few and feeling extremely frustrated because this is not good enough for Everton football club 

Mate I’m just as frustrated. I’m trying to grab and hold on to any positive I can find right now. It’s tough being an Everton fan! 

Think I’ll join you in having a few and drown my sorrows.

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

We can't wait that long - but I agree we shouldn't be rushed into a bad choice. As a compromise, I'd rather have Duncan Ferguson as manager from the new year until the end of the season. Use the next few months to find and convince a long-term manager to join in the summer.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

It is probably a better squad this year than last. 

Agreed. He’s got rid of one player he didn’t want from last seasons squad, brought in two of his own and is in the process of getting rid of the left back he doesn’t want as well.

He’s getting what he wants with this squad so I think we should expect decent results. 

26 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Agreed. He’s got rid of one player he didn’t want from last seasons squad, brought in two of his own and is in the process of getting rid of the left back he doesn’t want as well.

He’s getting what he wants with this squad so I think we should expect decent results. 

How could I forget that he also got to bring his lovechild here as well in Rondon?