Jump to content
IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Thur 17 March


dunlopp9987

Recommended Posts

Can’t imagine more of a miss match then Coleman v ASM right now. Also they will be a massive threat on set pieces with Burn, Scharr and Lascelles. 
4-3-3 

                           Pickford

Godfrey     Holgate     Keane*      Myko

           Allan          Dele          DVB

Gordon           Richarlison               Gray

Keane or Branthwaite - just think we will need to height at the back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RPG said:

I like 4-3-3 and I wouldn't argue with your back four but I would still start Doucoure ahead of Alli and I am tempted to play a front three of Gray, DCL and Richarlison. Gordon has looked fantastic in our last few matches without actually producing much end result. I'm a big fan of Gordon but this might be the game to bring him on from the bench for the last 25 minutes.

Only place a goal looked like coming from off Gordon’s boot to be honest.

Doucoure was shocking last game out, those 3 in the midfielder can play a pass and we need to keep the ball more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Can’t imagine more of a miss match then Coleman v ASM right now. Also they will be a massive threat on set pieces with Burn, Scharr and Lascelles. 
4-3-3 

                           Pickford

Godfrey     Holgate     Keane*      Myko

           Allan          Dele          DVB

Gordon           Richarlison               Gray

Keane or Branthwaite - just think we will need to height at the back.

We need to not give away stupid fouls around our penalty area because, as you say, they'll be a big threat from set pieces.

I'm looking at Allan here! For someone so experienced he can be a right idiot.

We definitely need to get on the ball more as much as possible, like you say. Get it, move it quickly, get the crowd into the game, build pressure and just keep pushing. We have to leave everything out there tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, barryj said:

To go or not to go? That’s the question. Not missed a home game so far this season but with around 8hrs round trip on another week night is a push. Also the damn petrol price increase is killing me! 

Go mate your team needs you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Go mate your team needs you. 

I probably will but with an early meeting in London Friday morning and not getting back until around 2am it’s tough (especially if we get beat!). I’m just fed up of these rearranged fixtures being put on midweek which were no fault of our own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, barryj said:

I probably will but with an early meeting in London Friday morning and not getting back until around 2am it’s tough (especially if we get beat!). I’m just fed up of these rearranged fixtures being put on midweek which were no fault of our own. 

It is tough and a big ask especially when you live so far away, and midweek games are very restrictive for a lot of people. My original comment was said in jest mate just in case I gave you the impression that I was outing you in some way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It is tough and a big ask especially when you live so far away, and midweek games are very restrictive for a lot of people. My original comment was said in jest mate just in case I gave you the impression that I was outing you in some way. 

Not at all I’ve been around enough years to have feel for your responses! ………If it was was twitter it would be another story and I’d be crucified especially at the moment. 

On the game I’ve literally no idea how I would or Frank will set up the defence. I personally would like to see a consistent team selection and setup to and get us through this. It’s been poor all round from top down but the constant changes to personnel and systems really imo don’t help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, barryj said:

Not at all I’ve been around enough years to have feel for your responses! ………If it was was twitter it would be another story and I’d be crucified especially at the moment. 

On the game I’ve literally no idea how I would or Frank will set up the defence. I personally would like to see a consistent team selection and setup to and get us through this. It’s been poor all round from top down but the constant changes to personnel and systems really imo don’t help. 

On the defence I thought Cole would be taking the lead, yet with the injuries it’s been a bit of a lottery but your right we need to settle on a team and stop making so many unforced changes, select your best 11 and try to play them as much as possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I wouldn't have Alli anywhere near the starting line-up. Having just watched some of the Wolves game back I can't believe his lack of effort. The lads who had played 60 minutes already gave more of a shit than him at the end of the game. 

 

He hasn’t been near a starting line up since he arrived. Probably the reason why. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

I wouldn't have Alli anywhere near the starting line-up. Having just watched some of the Wolves game back I can't believe his lack of effort. The lads who had played 60 minutes already gave more of a shit than him at the end of the game. 

 

I agree on the effort I’m just hoping he can offer some sort of creativity because we are not looking good going forward 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we are creating as little as we did against Wolves I'd resort to route 1 ugliness and get crosses into the box and people in there to attack it for the last 10 minutes!  DCL if available, Rondon and bang Keane or Branthwaite up there for their aerial threat!

If nothing else it causes the opposition to have to work hard at the back and the chance of a deflected goal, foul in the box, headed goal or just a corner. 

We don't have the ability or threat to just keep trying the same thing until the final whistle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mick Lyons,  now there's a player who would run through brick walls and play any position on the pitch, and it was 100% in every game.

Didn't get the recognition he deserved because he was surrounded by other great players who did get the plaudits.  I often use this anology but its one that rings true .... If I was fighting down the trenches Mick Lyons is a man I would be happy to have alongside of me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

Didn't get the recognition he deserved because he was surrounded by other great players who did get the plaudits. 

Get your point on Mick Bill,  but the players around him weren't that great, our average final league position in his time was 11th (with a low of 19th) and we won nothing. One league cup final defeat was all we had to show apart from three UEFA Cup appearances during which the only team we beat was Finn Harps (knocked out by AC Milan, Dukla Prague and Feyenord). I'd not call that a team of greats, nostalgia ain't what it used to be;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Btay said:

I agree on the effort I’m just hoping he can offer some sort of creativity because we are not looking good going forward 

Whilst there have been a couple of sparks, I think he has disappointed on that score too. A couple of times against Wolves he had a good position but messed it up with a lack of quality. 

If he is going to come into the team, that quality needs to be so high because he offers fuck all else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Get your point on Mick Bill,  but the players around him weren't that great, our average final league position in his time was 11th (with a low of 19th) and we won nothing. One league cup final defeat was all we had to show apart from three UEFA Cup appearances during which the only team we beat was Finn Harps (knocked out by AC Milan, Dukla Prague and Feyenord). I'd not call that a team of greats, nostalgia ain't what it used to be;)

I think you picked out the worst season we had in the 70s Mike 😀. Think we had 3 or  4 top 4 finishes around about that time.   Mick Lyons was with Everton from 71 to 82 and played in teams with these players, as well as a few others like Duncan McKenzie, Martin Dobson, Andy King and such like.  Wouldn't mind a few of them today.

https://www.google.com/search?q=everton+players+in+the+70s&oq=everton+squad+in+the+70s&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.22339j1j7&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...