IGNORED

Brentford (Away) 26th August

Romey 1878

• Everton have won just one of their nine away league games against Brentford.

• Brentford have kept a clean sheet in five of their past six Premier League home games, and no top-flight side has had more shutouts at home since the start of February.

• Everton are yet to win a league game this season - only in 1994-95 and 2010-11 have they ever failed to win their opening four matches of a campaign in the competition.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

Looks like we will have lumbering Rondon up front again, if we can keep a clean sheet we’ve a chance of 3 points.

Under the rubric of “least bad choice” (among a plethora of nothing but bad choices), maybe Lampard should use Keane up top as a sub for an exhausted Rondón on 60 minutes.

I’ve no idea whether I’m being serious or not.  Right now, we’re a shambles.

1 minute ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Under the rubric of “least bad choice” (among a plethora of nothing but bad choices), maybe Lampard should use Keane up top as a sub for an exhausted Rondón on 60 minutes.

I’ve been thinking the same myself, but didn’t want to get slaughtered for saying it on here 😳

He has shown a decent touch in opponents box before and surely could hold the ball up a bit, not sure of his closing down capabilities though.

Tbf, we took them apart in the cup at Goodison last season and looked like doing the same to them in the league game there until Branthwaite was sent off.

They're not a great side but it's away from home and we have our struggles on the road.

Hopefully we get Maupay sorted and Lampard isn't afraid to chuck him straight in. He's an arsehole so I think he'd relish grabbing a goal against his former club.

1 hour ago, memmaclub2 said:

Can Maupay be registered in time

Assuming we are keeping gordon my team would be.

Pickford

Cody Tarkovski Keane

Patterson                        Myko

Onana      Iwobi

Gordon Maupay McNeil

No Maupay mate, he was registered to late.

2 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

Can Maupay be registered in time

Assuming we are keeping gordon my team would be.

Pickford

Cody Tarkovski Keane

Patterson                        Myko

Onana      Iwobi

Gordon Maupay McNeil

Holgates been our best centre back so far…

Pickford

Holgate        Coady      Tarkowski 

Patterson                                          Myko

Iwobi         Onana 

Gordon                               Gray 

Rondon 

I’m not sure who else we have apart Onana in midfield with Doucs & Davies (possibly) out so he starts. Desperately need 3 points, expect any quality we offer to come from Gray or Iwobi at the moment.

7 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I’m curious if the Maupay move makes Frank think Rondon’s head isn’t in it. Or perhaps he’s off, if possible. 

I might be in a minority but I thought McNeil offered more than Rondon in the Forest game so it doesn't surprise me. Plus I think Rondon can have more of an impact in a short burst, say 20-30 minutes if we need a goal.

Interesting to see how Onana gets on with his first league start in a game where the opposition press really well.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I might be in a minority but I thought McNeil offered more than Rondon in the Forest game so it doesn't surprise me. Plus I think Rondon can have more of an impact in a short burst, say 20-30 minutes if we need a goal.

Interesting to see how Onana gets on with his first league start in a game where the opposition press really well.

From what i’ve seen listed elsewhere positionally it’ll be Gordon up top but maybe that’s incorrect. I just think if Rondon isn’t starting in this circumstance then you might as well sell him for whatever we could get.

Agree on Onana but I’m happy he will get to take his lumps. 

13 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

From what i’ve seen listed elsewhere positionally it’ll be Gordon up top but maybe that’s incorrect. I just think if Rondon isn’t starting in this circumstance then you might as well sell him for whatever we could get.

Agree on Onana but I’m happy he will get to take his lumps. 

That made me laugh... someone buy Rondon!?