IGNORED

Brighton (Home) 3/1/2023

Btay

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Now I’ve let my emotions settle a bit.

The manager needs to win on Friday for me. He needs to show some guys and drop a few players. Show some emotion.

If he goes…. I’m honestly not bothered who comes in, as it’s really simple… we have shit players. Get rid of as many as these slow ass players as possible.

Get some players in with energy who aren’t scared to put a foot in. Players who aren’t scared to take a shot.

Good finish Gray. Easily our best player yet again. Too good for this team.

I agree. Normally I’m one of the last on board to sack a manager but that was absolutely horrid.

I just don’t care anymore, I want all the rotten players, people & board members far, far away from this club.

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Problem is though we’ve hardly been able to do anything of note in the transfer window because the board have absolutely fucked this club. 

He spent 60 mil in the summer and only lost 1 player. I don’t think lampard can say he wasn’t given a fair crack 

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Problem is though we’ve hardly been able to do anything of note in the transfer window because the board have absolutely fucked this club. 

I get that there are clearly some questionable transfers but our financial issues stem from trying to support a manager that has let them down.

I think Silva was a little unlucky with the sale of Gueye and buying a crock, but Gbamin wasnt a board signing. 

Its not like the board have bled money from the club, they have invested heavily, backed managers and been let down, repeatedly. That is also down to them as well, buck always stops at the top but we have bought heavily and its not worked. 

Just now, Bailey said:

I get that there are clearly some questionable transfers but our financial issues stem from trying to support a manager that has let them down.

I think Silva was a little unlucky with the sale of Gueye and buying a crock, but Gbamin wasnt a board signing. 

Its not like the board have bled money from the club, they have invested heavily, backed managers and been let down, repeatedly. That is also down to them as well, buck always stops at the top but we have bought heavily and its not worked. 

I think we panicked far too early with Roberto. I never felt much for Koeman but I feel we sacked Silva far to soon.

Gbamin ticked all the right boxes a signing, there was no way to know it would go the way it did..

We’re just going to keep going down the same path though until we get relegated. Sack, spend, sack, spend. 

That game was reminiscent of Spurs last season for me. You can't play that way with that squad against a team that know how to counter attack. 

Despite the space given to us, we are a terrible attacking team and we played a game of best attack wins. Unsurprisingly, we lost.

Unless we are setting up with every man behind the ball, playing for a draw, I am afraid Lampard just doesn't know how to set his team out to win games. It has been evident for a long time and it isn't improving. I just do not see how he moves on from this.

We just don't have the player to try and 'play' football. As sad as it it we need to play like we did against Man City home and away and against every team and try and nick the occasional 1-0. 

I thought Frank might of gone three at the back again tonight, be solid first and foremost to make sure we don't lose, and hopefully take any chances that came our way. Basically build on that solid City result and just slowly build confidence back in to the squad. I wouldn't have criticized a cautious approach for the next few games. 

We are simply not a good enough premiership side to take the game to other teams - only a few teams can actually do this and we really are not one of them. We don't have either the time or resources to do this.   

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

In fairness to him he was Potters assistant took over the reins when Potter left, and has improved them hugely. 

Yeah exactly mate. Like in business, the Assistant Managers are part of the succession plan. If done properly!

Us? We'll just sack every fucker and start again. 

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

I think we panicked far too early with Roberto. I never felt much for Koeman but I feel we sacked Silva far to soon.

Gbamin ticked all the right boxes a signing, there was no way to know it would go the way it did..

We’re just going to keep going down the same path though until we get relegated. Sack, spend, sack, spend. 

but the problem being we are now very much spent up - and are thus one of the weakest teams financially in the league.

8 minutes ago, RPG said:

Sacking Frank won't sort the problems. The rot goes much higher up the food chain. And if we did sack Frank, can you imagine the backlash on the board - who could have sacked him before the World Cup and have had 6 weeks to find a new manager and identify January transfer targets. I think we are past the point of no return and have to go 'all in' with Frank and just hope that we can do enough business in the window to keep us up.

I would very much hope that the DoF already has a shortlist of managers ready to go. 

If Thelwell really is pulling the strings now, I would expect the sacking of Lampard to be closely followed by the hiring of the next manager.

I  think Frank has the ability set us up to get better short term results. A bit like last season - it not working trying to play football the way he wants (because the players are not of sufficient quality), then revert to more defensive and counter attacking style and grind out the points. I really think the Brighton game was the game to start doing this, if only to get some breathing room until the end of the January transfer window -  after a poor run, its points that really matter at this moment in time. The pursuit of nice or front foot football can wait until we have the players (and maybe the confidence) to do this. 

6 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I  think Frank has the ability set us up to get better short term results. A bit like last season - it not working trying to play football the way he wants (because the players are not of sufficient quality), then revert to more defensive and counter attacking style and grind out the points. I really think the Brighton game was the game to start doing this, if only to get some breathing room until the end of the January transfer window -  after a poor run, its points that really matter at this moment in time. The pursuit of nice or front foot football can wait until we have the players (and maybe the confidence) to do this. 

Completely agree. 

Frank has shown that he doesn't have the ability with this bunch to play any type of football. 

If he stays on, it has to be sit deep, play on the counter and hope we nick an early goal we can hold onto.

It will be dreadful to watch but its the only way I see us staying up under him.

What a load of fucking shite that was.

For 10 minutes we did alright, pressed and made them panic into making mistakes. After that we were absolutely battered and Brighton had the easiest game they'll have all season long. They had the freedom of the ground to do whatever the fuck they wanted, whenever they wanted.

Our midfield was non-existent, our defence passed it around between themselves, and our striker may as well not have been on the pitch because we barely got near their goal and even when we did none of the stupid bastards wanted to put the ball in the fucking box!

Pickford - I have no idea if he could have done more for any of their goals and, at this point, I don't fucking care.

Patterson - Fucking hell.

Coady and Tarkowski - Fuck. 

Mykolenko - Where attacks go to die. Pass fucking forwards for fucks sake.

Gray - Had a go.

Gueye - One of our better players and his showing was error-strewn, that's how fucking bad the rest where.

Davies - I didn't want to taser him.

McNeil - What the fuck is he?! Useless isn't descriptive enough for what he provides. Absolutely fucking no help to his full-back, who in turn got fucking roasted. And he offers less of an attacking threat than Jordan fucking Pickford. Ands the less said about his corners and free-kicks the better.

Iwobi - Is it too late to rescind that 100K a week contract offer?

DCL - Fucking ridiculous that he got booed when he was subbed off. He had nothing to work with. Absolutely fuck all.