IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

34 minutes ago, StevO said:

If anyone wants to see Dyche sacked I’ve got to ask, who do you want to sack him? It’s an abandoned ship!

Can Thelwell sack him? Does he have the authority for that?

Chong? He’s only in a temporary position, so can he sack him?

Moshiri doesn’t give a fuck, Bill is in hiding but still wants to be “Chairman Bill” of his own train set. 

777 don’t own the club yet. 

Can Seamus Coleman sack him? He’s probably the highest ranking employee right now. 😂

I’d love to do it given the opportunity, hatchet 🪓 Palfy is ready to save you all from poor football and possible relegation 😂

10 minutes ago, Boston Toffee said:

Watched press conference.  Tired of him using phrase"what we are building here" .. tbh they are building nothing

I get where you are coming from he says the same thing and uses the same cliches in every press conference, he may as well do one presser and roll it out for every press conference he does. It’s becoming increasingly more monotonous listening to the same things which obviously from results and our position in the league aren’t working, he’s become a one trick pony who doesn’t know or have another plan or way to move the team forward.  

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

But that stats are showing we're creating more, a lot more, vs last 2 years? 

Like I said further up, there's nothing to be happy about but plenty to be optimistic about. The squad is adapting, change just takes time and patience.

I get it. I've just lost all patience.  Well until kick off Saturday where I'll spark up some hope that today's the day

4 hours ago, Boston Toffee said:

I get it. I've just lost all patience.  Well until kick off Saturday where I'll spark up some hope that today's the day

With you there mate. It’s hard to keep up optimism when we keep get kicked back down. 
But Matts right. We are creating now at least. We just need that elusive first win to let the boys know they can win.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Nope, games remaining/potential points is more important at the moment.

If we win 30% and draw 30%, that's 45 points (roughly) so safe. Winning 1 in 3, drawing 1 in 3 isn't exciting but it's progress.

But that’s more a wish list than a stat at the moment mate 😉 and one we all wish to happen. 

On 18/09/2023 at 09:21, Palfy said:

He’s going to get the sack it’s just a case of when and not if, in my opinion the sooner the better if only to give the next manager as long as possible to try and improve the situation. Whilst Potter is still available I’d be going all out to try and get him in and let him try to start implement the system that helped Brighton and him become successful, instead of being a poorer  version of Burnley.  

I'd love to see us with Potter as manager and I've thought about this and just can't see at the moment that he'd want it.  I might be wrong but he still has a very good reputation despite his Chelsea failing, he's been a manager at a very well run club and whilst he didn't spend a lot they did have money to spend.  Whilst he's unlikely to get a top 4 job as his next job and Everton could be a good potential job for him I think he'd want to see a big change in the way the club is run before he'd consider taking the job on.  It's going to be a while before we get a change of ownership, and ignoring the fact that no one has much confidence in the likely new ownership it'll be a while before we see benefits of change.

I'd definitely be hoping we'd be trying to get him if we did decide to get rid of Dyche though.

5 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

I'd love to see us with Potter as manager and I've thought about this and just can't see at the moment that he'd want it.  I might be wrong but he still has a very good reputation despite his Chelsea failing, he's been a manager at a very well run club and whilst he didn't spend a lot they did have money to spend.  Whilst he's unlikely to get a top 4 job as his next job and Everton could be a good potential job for him I think he'd want to see a big change in the way the club is run before he'd consider taking the job on.  It's going to be a while before we get a change of ownership, and ignoring the fact that no one has much confidence in the likely new ownership it'll be a while before we see benefits of change.

I'd definitely be hoping we'd be trying to get him if we did decide to get rid of Dyche though.

I do agree with you, on my part it was as much as if only we could than realistically going to happen. But as the days and weeks unfold it’s looking more like our off field problems are bigger than our on field problems and we look to be running out of time to financially save the club before it possibly goes into receivership, and even a new manager or Dyche winning games won’t be enough to stop that, when you get to a position that you need to borrow 100m to stop the developers from shutting up shop, and then another 20m to help pay towards your daily expenses on top of the 300m you already have in loans, and you’re only way out is 777 then the end is near, know matter who our manager is.  

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It would be absolutely hilarious having Potter manage these players.

He relies on passing, passing, passing and these players can't pass fucking water.

He'd last 2 months, max.

I think people just assume that a manager has a style and the players magically adapt. He'd probably walk before he was kicked with this lot. We need some discipline to reinstall some confidence, we have that guy. It just takes time. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think people just assume that a manager has a style and the players magically adapt. He'd probably walk before he was kicked with this lot. We need some discipline to reinstall some confidence, we have that guy. It just takes time. 

Potter isn't one to just take a job so I think he'd look at what players he'd have at his disposal and realise it wasn't a good match and not put himself in the running.