IGNORED

Youssef Chermiti

• 1 month later...
Just now, Hafnia said:

Worth watching back. 

very very subtle and clever. One touch lay offs, won a fair few headers. For 19 in his first premier league start against a very good centre half in pinnock he did very well. 

I didn't think he was shit by any means, but I didn't come away from the game thinking he must play again.

I liked his flick for Doucoure in the first half, it was very tidy, but I thought he struggled physically for most part.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I thought he mostly struggled in all honesty.

Glad you said that...I was starting to think I'd missed something.

Although I don't think he struggled as such. I thought he did OK considering it was his first start etc. Decently OK.

Plenty of energy and enthusiasm to start with. Thought that faded in the 2nd half...as expected. It's bound too.

But I can't remember seeing anything that made me think 'Wow, what a kid'!

Hope he gets more chances though. Like any player, needs a run in the team.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I didn't think he was shit by any means, but I didn't come away from the game thinking he must play again.

I liked his flick for Doucoure in the first half, it was very tidy, but I thought he struggled physically for most part.

I don't think he's where we want him to be - but in terms of his top level exposure that was a pretty amazing performance for a lad so young. 

The positions he took were great, strong in his duels, needs work on his speed but looks so well rounded.  His blocked volley looked like it was going bottom corner. 

brentford can keep Maupay 

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Although I don't think he struggled as such. I thought he did OK considering it was his first start etc. Decently OK.

Plenty of energy and enthusiasm to start with. Thought that faded in the 2nd half...as expected. It's bound too.

I think you are underestimating how difficult it is playing lone striker feeding off scraps with Doucoure struggling to be on your wavelength. 

19 year old kids don't put performances in like that. No he wasn't dcl vs Liverpool - but relevant to his experience it was superb.

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I don't think he's where we want him to be - but in terms of his top level exposure that was a pretty amazing performance for a lad so young. 

The positions he took were great, strong in his duels, needs work on his speed but looks so well rounded.  His blocked volley looked like it was going bottom corner. 

brentford can keep Maupay 

Tbf to him, he impressed me a lot more than Simms did in his starts.

I just thought it was steady more than anything. It was a typical first start really, in that he had a go and there were a couple of decent bits but a lot of evidence that we shouldn't be expecting much from him for a good while yet. Got good attributes but a lot of work to do with him.

I do think he's put on some mass since he arrived though, which is good, and I think we'll see an even bigger improvement in that regard after pre-season.

I appreciate the effort he put in and how difficult it is to play your first start alone up top. 
While he didn’t do anything particular great, he went about his business in a mature way and showed a few glimpses of potential.

He looks strong. His effort when he lifted it over the keeper showed his confidence in his ability. It was offside and he got it wrong, but he used his strength to get the chance and calmness to lift the ball.

I would really like to see more of him these last few games.