IGNORED

Aston Villa 20th August (Away)

Romey 1878

Its been said many times on here, you can not play Kean and Tarks together, they both have the turning circle of the QE2.

Got to play Branths or Godfrey, or bring in a younger fitter CB on loan, Gana is long past it, and also needs replacing, I realise funds are tight, and people wanting to joins us is a very short list, but we have to change, even if its from within, rather than that shower today, who were piss poor, no energy, no bottle, no desire, no clue.

How can a fat bastard like Mcguinn, be first to the ball, run away from players, out pace our midfield, unless our lazy bastards are not bothered.

1 minute ago, Tonsta said:

Its been said many times on here, you can not play Kean and Tarks together, they both have the turning circle of the QE2.

Got to play Branths or Godfrey, or bring in a younger fitter CB on loan, Gana is long past it, and also needs replacing, I realise funds are tight, and people wanting to joins us is a very short list, but we have to change, even if its from within, rather than that shower today, who were piss poor, no energy, no bottle, no desire, no clue.

How can a fat bastard like Mcguinn, be first to the ball, run away from players, out pace our midfield, unless our lazy bastards are not bothered.

Agreed with pretty much all this right to the part about McGinn. He's a highly underrated player and I'd be over the fucking moon if we had him

I thought Danjuma was the positive but once he went on the left it felt like he didn't pass at all...lots of direct running...but into dead ends. 

Dobbin was lively just a little too excited at times and let the ball get away from him. 

Villa played it so easily between our lines our whole midfield want to be embarrassed.....they didn't have to move it quickly...just direct forward passing cutting through our midfield like butter in one pass and the defence just stood back for at least 2 of the goals...

I'm gonna give Ashley Young a pass for his total brain fart...he was decent the rest of the game - not a high bar though. 

Depressing! 

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Agreed with pretty much all this right to the part about McGinn. He's a highly underrated player and I'd be over the fucking moon if we had him

Was not being offensive to Mcguinn, but hes not blessed with pace, but when your playing against a team that does not give a fuck, you dont have to be fast. More having a go at us not him.

Abysmal performance, looked like real relegation candidates, all over the pitch.

If I’d have to pick out positives, I thought Garner showed nice skill on a couple of turns and long passes (but he gave Digne a lot of time and space in the first half), and Danjuma looks like he has some skill at least (though I hope we don’t have to resort to playing him as the centre forward too often).

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If you take out the final whistle being blown there's not a single positive aspect of that game. Not a single one.

A defence that didn't have a player that looked like they'd never played defence before. A midfield that looked like it had never seen a football before, so had no clue what to do when they possessed the football or how to combat the opposition when they had the football, and an attack that had Doucoure, a midfielder that doesn't possess a brain, and DCL who is coming back from injury and then proceeded to get injured being fully committed for us to replace him with another midfielder while the striker we bought for £15m wasn't even on the bench and we proceeded to launch the ball up front as if we still had a target man on the pitch.

Shambolic.

What you moaning about it’s been our best transfer window for years and we have a plan 😂 not sure what it is but we have one 🤞

Whilst I think Villa are a decent side, that was pretty fucking abject.

It is one of those where I look at the game and wonder what the hell where they working on during the week. 

It should have been a counter attack game where we sat deep and played off them, but we met them far too high up the pitch, which with our back line is a massive issue. Maybe the first goal changed that plan?

I dont think there were many positive performances. In particular I thought Keane, Patterson and Gueye were particularly attrocious. The middle seemingly unable to weight a pass correctly, leading to lots of transitions. The former found it possible to get close to his man. I dont necessarily find too much individual fault with any of the goals (3rd being a massive team fuck up switching off and 4th being a bad decision by Young) but I do think he was so far off the level you expect.

We also have a problem with every wide player wanting to play from the left. Danjuma wants it (shite through the middle btw), Dobbin wants it, Iwobi is best there and its McNeils best position).

Worst of all was midfield. Onana and Gueye were bloody awful. Doucoure didnt help them out as much as he needed to. I didnt think Garner was an improvement either.

Write it off and move onto a big game next week.

We were a confused mess from their first corner kick. They then walked around us on three or four corners in a row, we didn't get to grips with it at all and the rest is sad history.  That's disappointing for a Sean Dyche team. If we're not going to score many then we absolutely must be water tight at the back and on set pieces 

Once they scored we Never got into what little we originally showed going forward before Dom got whacked.