IGNORED

Palace 19th Feb (home)

Matt

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I wish him well he’s a decent man, it would be a shame if his career ended due to a serious illness, so hopefully it’s nothing to serious and he can leave on his own terms when the time comes. 

If he loses his job it's nothing to do with that, they already had a deal more or less agreed with the new fella coming in before this this morning.

Crystal Palace's official account have confirmed that he's had tests and in a stable condition, so it does sound legit. 

Awkward as I guess they won't sack him while ill, but they've obviously decided to sack him and hire this new bloke. 

Oviosely wish Roy all the best at the moment along with a speedy recovery. 

I fell either situation is not going to help us on Saturday. We will definately see that extra effort for Roy in his sick bed/last game or extra effort to show the new incoming manager we can play or even a combination of both. 

Either way Palace players are going to be up for this game more than say they have been for the last half dozon game. We all know how these things work. 

Just now, RuffRob said:

Oviosely wish Roy all the best at the moment along with a speedy recovery. 

I fell either situation is not going to help us on Saturday. We will definately see that extra effort for Roy in his sick bed/last game or extra effort to show the new incoming manager we can play or even a combination of both. 

Either way Palace players are going to be up for this game more than say they have been for the last half dozon game. We all know how these things work. 

Just so you know, we play Monday.

And either way, they'll still be without their 3 best players.

Evertonians are the best at seeing the negative of everything.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68303964

Dunno if this motivates them or causes bigger issues. But, more importantly, hope he's well and that this is more about protecting him during the recruitment process. 

This is more than football. My son's father in law (74) has been in and out of hospital these past 10 days. The worry for his family is immense. Currently minding grandkids, trying to keep things upbeat. 

5 hours ago, Gwlad said:

This is more than football. My son's father in law (74) has been in and out of hospital these past 10 days. The worry for his family is immense. Currently minding grandkids, trying to keep things upbeat. 

Best of luck to you all

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Romano has said he’s already been sacked and the new fella is signed.

What a strange situation. 

Looks like everything was in place. If he never collapsed it would be likely that he would have a handover maybe but who knows.

they can't put a new manager in like this. Not after the career Roy has had. He saved them last season 

• Following their 3-2 win at Selhurst Park back in November, Everton are looking to complete their first league double over Crystal Palace since 2004-05.

• After winning back-to-back away league games against Everton 3-2 in 2014, Crystal Palace are winless in their last eight visits to Goodison Park (D3 L5).

• Everton have drawn their last two Premier League matches at Goodison Park – they haven’t drawn three in a row at home since a run of four in January/February 2015.

• Crystal Palace have lost their last three away Premier League matches, shipping 11 goals in these games. The Eagles haven’t lost more consecutively since losing their final four away games in the 2019-20 season.

• Since a run of four consecutive Premier League wins in December, Everton haven’t won any of their last seven games (D3 L4). They have only scored four times in this run and failed to find the net in four of their last five.

• This will be Crystal Palace’s second successive Premier League match played on a Monday, after their 1-3 defeat to Chelsea last week. Indeed, it will be the Eagles’ 16th Monday fixture in the competition over the last four seasons (2020-21 to 2023-24), at least two more than any other club.

• In all competitions, Everton’s only win in their last 11 games (D5 L5) was at home against Crystal Palace in the FA Cup in January.

• Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson has never won a Premier League match at Goodison Park in 10 attempts, with five different clubs (D2 L8). The only stadium he’s managed more games at without winning is Vicarage Road (11 – three away from home, eight as manager of Watford).

• Everton manager Sean Dyche has won seven Premier League matches against Crystal Palace, only winning more against Bournemouth (8). He’s unbeaten in seven against the Eagles (W4 D3) since a 2-0 defeat with Burnley in November 2019.

Seems like the stats are in our favour if you believe that stats are of importance in football. I think we win this game because they have 3 of their better players who get their goals out injured, and we have a very solid defence Although we lack the firepower up front we still have the players in the team capable of getting a goal or 2. I see it a being a very close game in possession terms with us winning 2-0.