IGNORED

Home vs Brentford 27.04.2024

Matt

this game had the making of a back down to earth banana skin after both the physical and mental effort from the Derby. A solid professional performance, 3 points and encouraging performance from our teenage striker and premier league status assured. 

fuck you Premier League.

just need a Qatar Wealth Fund or similar who are dripping with money to swoop in and buy us, as it would round the week off nicely.

Phew. Another 3 and a clean sheet.

We looked much better in the 2nd half, looking for the goal. Once we got it, we took the pace out of the game.

4 wins in the last 5. With 4 clean sheets.

Christ. The fuckin club.

Anyway, safe for another year. Without the points deduction we'd be level with Brighton in 12th.

Hopefully, all the shit off the pitch can get sorted and allow us, as a club, to focus on moving forward.

Not a whole lot to say about the game really. It went pretty much as I expected it to tbh - I thought it'd be boring and we'd not be as intense as we were on Wednesday because that game will have taken a lot out of us both physically and mentally. I thought Dyche might have made changes in midfield because of that and I was quite surprised he didn't bring Onana in.

We ground out the win though and now we can relax.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not a whole lot to say about the game really. It went pretty much as I expected it to tbh - I thought it'd be boring and we'd not be as intense as we were on Wednesday because that game will have taken a lot out of us both physically and mentally. I thought Dyche might have made changes in midfield because of that and I was quite surprised he didn't bring Onana in.

We ground out the win though and now we can relax.

That’s how I feel, I’m delighted about the result & the fact we have secured another season in the prem.

I found myself after going 1-0 urging Dyche to go a bit more expansive, which I now feel was a bit greedy as there was a job to be done still.

Chermiti absolute stellar effort from the lad, deserved a goal for effort alone.

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Chermiti absolute stellar effort from the lad, deserved a goal for effort alone.

We have one of the best defensive records in the league. Our goalkeeper has the second highest number of clean sheets in the league. We've created plenty of chances all season. Our problem has always been an inability to score goals. It's doubly encouraging to see Chermiti have an excellent first start, and it's such a shame he never scored early on from McNeil's cross. I'd like to see him start up front in each of our remaining games. It's a great opportunity to get him some real experience and to see his confidence grow.

It been a great footballing week for us. Nice to wake up with a smile thinking we are safe. Only to read this morning about the P.L. putting something out  about Sheffield not necessarily relegated due to Forest and Everton points deduction appeals. What does this mean, can anyone put my mind at rest please.

59 minutes ago, Harv said:

It been a great footballing week for us. Nice to wake up with a smile thinking we are safe. Only to read this morning about the P.L. putting something out  about Sheffield not necessarily relegated due to Forrest and Everton points deduction appeals. What does this mean, can anyone put my mind at rest please.

PL basically saying an appeal might go their way and the next commission might decide that the original commission was too lenient in the starting number or too generous in giving some of the points back for good behaviour etc.

I doubt any more point will be taken off. but we already have a 2 point buffer now.

PL just trying to make a point.

I would be much more worried as a forest fan, as they got more back for being really nice and helpful. they have been anything other since.

• After failing to win any of their first three Premier League meetings with Brentford (D1 L2), Everton have won each of the last three encounters. The Bees have only had a longer losing run against Newcastle United in the competition (an ongoing run of four games).

• Everton have won each of their past four home Premier League games without conceding. It is their longest such run in a single season since their final four games of the 2018-19 campaign under Marco Silva.

• Brentford have now lost 18 Premier League games this season, which is their joint-most in one Premier League campaign along with 2021-22. They last lost more games in a top-flight campaign in 1946-47 (26).

• The Toffees have scored 18 goals from set pieces in the Premier League this season (excluding penalties), with only Arsenal netting more (20).

• Idrissa Gueye has scored three Premier League goals for Everton this season, as many as in his first five campaigns in the competition combined. He has now netted two goals in his past three games in the competition, as many as in his previous 98 appearances.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

PL basically saying an appeal might go their way and the next commission might decide that the original commission was too lenient in the starting number or too generous in giving some of the points back for good behaviour etc.

I doubt any more point will be taken off. but we already have a 2 point buffer now.

PL just trying to make a point.

I would be much more worried as a forest fan, as they got more back for being really nice and helpful. they have been anything other since.

Thanks for that Rob, it makes me feel a little easier.