IGNORED

Gareth Barry

I wouldn't mind having him but can he do a full season Inc. Europe? He'll be 34 next season. He'll be great for the younger players to learn off, seems very professional etc.

But £100k per week? No chance. Even £75k per week, nah. Some other club may offer him more than we can. And money, as well as agents, does talk.

I doubt he'll get 100k a week. No other club will pay him what City were paying him, so I doubt we'd have to pay those wages.

I wouldn't mind having him but can he do a full season Inc. Europe? He'll be 34 next season. He'll be great for the younger players to learn off, seems very professional etc.

But £100k per week? No chance. Even £75k per week, nah. Some other club may offer him more than we can. And money, as well as agents, does talk.

I'd doubt that the plan would be for him to do a "full" season. I don't think Gibson's season being derailed was something they expected and it kind of forced Martinez' hand. Next year I'd assume that Martinez will be adding some talent to the central mid position, maybe Gibson is still here and capable of playing some minutes, and maybe even a Lundstrom can get some chances as well.

Would ya lad? Be honest?

I'm sorry, it might just be my personal hate but why the lad? why not friend? or mate? I fuckin hate that wanna be down talking to be people shit.

if ive offended Cotto I apologise.Having a bad day

I'm sorry, it might just be my personal hate but why the lad? why not friend? or mate? I fuckin hate that wanna be down talking to be people shit.

if ive offended Cotto I apologise.Having a bad day

Not offended mate. Lad is the most commonly used phrase in Merseyside. It's not down talk.

Guest blueboy122

How can there be a clause in his contract stating we have to back date a fee if we buy him. Surely on expiry of his contract all obligations are null and void.

Guest blueboy122

Lawyers can write and agree whatever they want in a contract. I'm sure it's legal and I'm sure there was a good reason for adding it.

It has to be backed up by legislation, case or statute law somewhere though.

Contract law is incredibly complicated, especially when it links into Human Rights legislation when it is engaged.

I would find it hard to believe that such a clause exists, and even if it did that it would be enforceable.

Barry's contract with City will expire and any attempt by City to prevent him joining another club would infringe his right to decide who he works for. The whole Bosman rule was created to prevent exactly this happening.

I think it's pretty straight forward. We will loan you a player in the last year of his contract, pay most of his wages, but should you sign him for free at the end of the loan we want the money you should have paid last season, or the wages we have paid him.

I think it's a clever move by City, and quite reasonable from a business perspective.

I think it's pretty straight forward. We will loan you a player in the last year of his contract, pay most of his wages, but should you sign him for free at the end of the loan we want the money you should have paid last season, or the wages we have paid him.

I think it's a clever move by City, and quite reasonable from a business perspective.

They don't have any say in things concerning Barry once his contract runs out. He should be able to sign with whatever employer he wants to now. It's the first time I've heard of such a construction and I doubt it exists to be honest.

Edited by Steve_E

Guest blueboy122

They don't have any say in things concerning Barry once his contract runs out. He should be able to sign with whatever employer he wants to now. It's the first time I've heard of such a construction and I doubt it exists to be honest.

Agreed. His contract expires so all obligations in his contract are null and void.

Let's not get carried away with all the euphoria of getting Barry permanently. Remember, he's 34 already and has got one season in him at best. Not complaining of his ability or his attitude you understand, it's just that he's a short-term prospect only. He's nowhere near the fitness level shown by Distin as has been proven on a couple of occasions when he's been out on his feet 20 mins before the end.

Osman has been less than effective at a younger age than Barry and he gets heaps on here as a result.

Just saying.......

Let's not get carried away with all the euphoria of getting Barry permanently. Remember, he's 34 already and has got one season in him at best. Not complaining of his ability or his attitude you understand, it's just that he's a short-term prospect only. He's nowhere near the fitness level shown by Distin as has been proven on a couple of occasions when he's been out on his feet 20 mins before the end.

Osman has been less than effective at a younger age than Barry and he gets heaps on here as a result.

Just saying.......

The issue with Osman has been that besides the odd game, his form has not been the best this year. From day 1 with that goal line clearance, Barry has been praised as part of the engine that kept this team running. Near the end, without adequate backup, it was clear that fatigue began to hit but comparing it to Osman is a bit unfair. I also think he has 2 years in him, not one but that's just a matter of opinion :)

If such clause exists it would have to be agreed by all three parties, therefore it could stand. It would be outside of his employment contract too. In the same way you can sign a non compete clause if you leave a company so you can't work for a direct competitor. Or if you employ someone from an agency, if they leave the agency and you hire them you may owe the agency a certain fee. It happens in the real world, it could happen in football. Or it could be bollocks anyway.