IGNORED

Gareth Barry

You know it's a bad day when the Germans have to cheer you up.

(They are immense tonight mind...)

I was thinking that actually. Sad times :(.

I don't actually have anything against the signing of Barry really. Just wanted a real addition, you know?

I dunno what it says about BK etc that they got nothing done, Martinez is back a day and bang we make a signing :P.

I was thinking that actually. Sad times :(.

I don't actually have anything against the signing of Barry really. Just wanted a real addition, you know?

I dunno what it says about BK etc that they got nothing done, Martinez is back a day and bang we make a signing :P.

I know. We are patiently waiting. They will come. As you say, Martinez is back now. Time to get rolling....

I've got a funny feeling we are going to get a bit of activity over the coming days.

Glad it's over and done with now. I think he was a very important cog in the Everton machine last year and, as some have already pointed out, he will help Mcarthy in his development no end.

Pace is not an issue as he's always been slow... That's not going to change with age. Lol

Let's put this into context, he is a year younger than Gerrard who now has been shoe horned into Barry's role. I would argue that extravagant passing and long range shooting aside Barry is the better player for that role. Let's be honest, he's never had pace to miss.

End of which he will be 35/36 yeah I'll take that. Hes not gonna sign a 2 year deal as no one will take him at 34/35, tough age to be stuck at looking for a new club. He's basically ending his career here, will offer a massive amount of knowledge and experience.

It's a very shrewd move that adds quality, professionalism and know how to to a young breed of players. It's good.

Defo not Barry Romey.

I'm 99% sure it's Barry. There's never been any mention of a fee for the MK Dons kid, only that he's on trial. And £2m is the fee everywhere reported we've paid for Barry, with the Echo being the only place saying we'd negotiated the fee down. That tweet is about Barry.

The Blues hope to follow the permanent signing of Barry with a deal for MK Dons youngster Brendan Galloway, 18, in the next 24 hours. #EFC

To which someone asked - @GregOK is the fee £2ml as reported on a lot of other sources or has is been negotiated down to £1ml?

And Greg replied - @Mallen1878 initially thought it was nearer to £1.5m but it's actually £2m

Definitely Barry as far as I'm concerned.

Edit - can see why it'd make some think it's about Galloway, but there having been no reports about a fee for him I doubt it is.

Edited by Romey 1878

I'm 99% sure it's Barry. There's never been any mention of a fee for the MK Dons kid, only that he's on trial. And £2m is the fee everywhere reported we've paid for Barry, with the Echo being the only place saying we'd negotiated the fee down. That tweet is about Barry.

I'm going to second this. £2m has been the talked about figure for Barry. I can't remember seeing a price regarding Galloway reported as of yet.

The Blues hope to follow the permanent signing of Barry with a deal for MK Dons youngster Brendan Galloway, 18, in the next 24 hours. #EFC

To which someone asked - @GregOK is the fee £2ml as reported on a lot of other sources or has is been negotiated down to £1ml?

And Greg replied - @Mallen1878 initially thought it was nearer to £1.5m but it's actually £2m

Definitely Barry as far as I'm concerned.

The lad who asks the original question goes on to ask how good he is etc with another bloke. Pretty convinced it's not Barry

The lad who asks the original question goes on to ask how good he is etc with another bloke. Pretty convinced it's not Barry

Could be right but it'd make no sense because, as said, there's never been any fee mentioned about him in reports or anything about renegotiating the fee like there has been for Barry.

Could be right but it'd make no sense because, as said, there's never been any fee mentioned about him in reports or anything about renegotiating the fee like there has been for Barry.

Bit odd though that O'Keefe said in his original Echo piece yesterday that it was £1m but then says today, "...initially thought it was nearer to £1.5m."

The Echo article that says it was £2m wasn't written by him.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/gareth-barry-cant-wait-help-7393345

Bit cloudy this one.

Bit odd though that O'Keefe said in his original Echo piece yesterday that it was £1m but then says today, "...initially thought it was nearer to £1.5m."

The Echo article that says it was £2m wasn't written by him.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/gareth-barry-cant-wait-help-7393345

Bit cloudy this one.

The Echo is usually shite like. Well, it is unless they're doing a piece on those from the dark side of Stanley Park.

1m? 2m? Who cares, we've got a solid, proven champion who was a major part of our success last season. Bargain either way...

Been trying to work this out.... Rumours are he took a 50% cut on his 120k a week wages, so 60k. Over 3 years thats 9m pound (give or take), plus 1-2m for signing on top. Not quite the bargain I thought, but still happy he signed and 10m over 3 years for a player like him is not bad business :)