IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

RM likes one winger and one mid who cuts in. basically it's gerry mirallas lennon mcgeady all fighting for 1 spot and kone cleverley pienaar ossie fighting for the other spot.

I think mjb has RM's preference right, but I see Mirallas as a LW "mid who cuts in," rather than fighting Deulofeu for minutes mostly at RW. Although Mirallas played a lot at RW 2 seasons ago -- good combo with Coleman at times -- I think last season he was mostly at LW. In fact, I'd have thought Mirallas an exact example of a wing who likes to cut inside for his shot.

As I see it at this moment, Mirallas is just behind all of Deulofeu, Barkley, and Kone for the 3 spots in Roberto's preferred 4-2-3-1, but ahead of Lennon, Cleverley, Naismith, Osman, Pienaar, and McGeady. If anything -- again right now -- Mirallas might occasionally replace Barkley, starting at LW, with Kone in the hole behind Lukaku.

But in any case, Roberto suddenly has many options. If the Lukaku-Kone partnership falters, if Barkley's decision-making disappoints, if Deulofeu doesn't quit diving, Mirallas would surely get a start on a wing. Maybe he'll soon get his chance simply because Roberto wants to rotate.

And then there are 4 obvious wild cards: Lennon, Cleverley, Naismith, and nostalgic hopes for a Baines-Pienaar partnership. Ironically, if everyone stays healthy for months at a time, Roberto has "too many" options to satisfy the expectations of quite a few players. I'm a bit disappointed to see Osman even on the bench, and McGeady -- absent another wave of injuries -- surely leaves in January.

steve that's not how it works. RM likes one winger and one mid who cuts in. basically it's gerry mirallas lennon mcgeady all fighting for 1 spot and kone cleverley pienaar ossie fighting for the other spot.

hence why selling mirallas would be a good idea since he's of value and we have lennon who can spell gerry.

No Mark, that is exactly how it works. If you want to play, you have to do better than the players who are ahead of you.

Look through all of our games this season, its not that he likes to have one inside and one outside, in his first season both wingers were playing inside, but he is playing people in form. Naismith scores a hat trick so he has to play him, so he gets thrown in. Cleverley was starting wide left when he first came in, but that was always where he was going to play. Ross has played inside and out wide, so has Mirallas, so has Gerry, so has Kone, so did Cleverley.

There is sense in selling Mirallas, if he doesn't have the fight or will to get himself back in the team. But would anyone pick him ahead of Kone and Gerry right now? I know I wouldn't.

That's it Kev, play badly, get injured, come back and get yourself sent off, and expect to play or say you'll leave. Should have got your agent to sort that out in the summer. Or maybe, just maybe, no one wanted to give you enough money to leave Everton.

Get yourself some bottle and fight for your place.

If he had the desire to go with his talent he would be one of the best players in the league, he will never have that desire.

I doubt it. Lille, St. Etienne, and Olympiacos are smaller teams than Everton. He's reached his peak.

When he played for all of those clubs he was a regular in the Belgium squad and has only lost his place since Martinez decided to banish him from the Everton first team

He is a winger and like almost every winger in the game he needs game time to get his confidence up and that's when you will see him flourish. I would bet my house that Kevin Mirallas has not reached his peak

When he played for all of those clubs he was a regular in the Belgium squad and has only lost his place since Martinez decided to banish him from the Everton first team

He is a winger and like almost every winger in the game he needs game time to get his confidence up and that's when you will see him flourish. I would bet my house that Kevin Mirallas has not reached his peak

Time will tell. Would be pleased to be proved wrong.

Memories have bigger impressions than form.

Well in some cases this is true. See its not just Martinez who had had issues with surly Kevin, he used to motion to Moyes to sub him when he was tired.

He likes to be the top dog and whilst I think he's absolutely class on his day, he's also a petulant sulky twat.

We are Everton. Never forget that.

Gerry - Debatable, although I'd never complain if he was in ahead of Kev.
Barkley - isn't a wide player and there for isn't keeping Kev out the team.
Kone - 100% disagree with this one. Not even close.

Well right now they are the three he is competing with. He wont play ahead of Rom, Barry or McCarthy. The other three places are open to him.
He needs to show more than these three, right now, he is falling short. He hasn't shown much desire in the limited game time hes had, then talking about a transfer probably wont help his cause either.

Barkley is awful out wide and Kone has been even worse

Again, three places he can aim to take is their three places. Kev can play in any of them.
Kone has done pretty well lately outwide/second striker, I wouldn't drop him for Kev, im sure you wouldn't too. Edited by StevO

Well right now they are the three he is competing with. He wont play ahead of Rom, Barry or McCarthy. The other three places are open to him.

He needs to show more than these three, right now, he is falling short. He hasn't shown much desire in the limited game time hes had, then talking about a transfer probably wont help his cause either.

Again, three places he can aim to take is their three places. Kev can play in any of them.

Kone has done pretty well lately outwide/second striker, I wouldn't drop him for Kev, im sure you wouldn't too.

To be fair to Kone he has done okay lately but the difference is Martinez has given him the time and the opportunity to play himself into a bit of form. He has had far more shite performances than he has had good ones but Roberto has stood by him

Mirallas has not been afforded the same opportunity

To be fair to Kone he has done okay lately but the difference is Martinez has given him the time and the opportunity to play himself into a bit of form. He has had far more shite performances than he has had good ones but Roberto has stood by him

Mirallas has not been afforded the same opportunity

You have to wonder why. It's not due to any lack of ability. It all points to a bad attitude, not being willing to fight for his position.