IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Talk we've accepted an £8m bid?

Who the Flunk are we going to replace him with, that's going to cost less than £8m?

Downing went to a Championship club for £5m....!

What is going on.

What's going on is a load of gullible fools are believing a man called Vince Wankington on twitter! ?

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic. Hopefully he turns more match winning performances and silences his critics regarding attitude (like me)

I'm on a sugar/caffeine/wine 33c 80% humidity happy delirium at the moment, but I really think last season was a big lesson for him mentally, and hope more that it's the whole team and management who learn from last season.

Getting 2 of our most important players signing decent extensions is great news and actually shows ambition!

Happy as anyone about this but....he had a year left on his contract and we'd supposedly taken up our option of an extra year after that. So this is actually just a one year extension isn't it? We could possibly be going around in the same circles next summer, just a thought.

Hope he and we have a great season and it's not an issue though obviously.

Mirallas wouldn't sign on to a cause he didn't believe in.

Something good is going to happen, like I've said all along (I've got a song queued up if I'm right :yay:)

The cause he believes in is his checkbook. It got bigger, I think his humbling and lack of interest mostly had to do with it. And like mc said, buyout clause was inserted, so if he does well he can be off and Us Compensated well. Win win

3 year extension after we activate the 1 year extension, no?

Tbh it doesn't really matter the security of a 3 year deal is a lot better than the situation we were in. I had my suspicions that this "extra year clause" wasn't water tight anyway.

Edited by MC11

The cause he believes in is his checkbook. It got bigger, I think his humbling and lack of interest mostly had to do with it. And like mc said, buyout clause was inserted, so if he does well he can be off and Us Compensated well. Win win

cynic!

• 4 weeks later...

Something is up with Kevin. He doesn't look up to snuff and was a ghost in today's match. He was benched at the end of last season and wanted out, only to then sign a new contract and then be a bench player. Not making much sense since he makes probably one of the higher salaries and we aren't using him much since getting Cleverley.

Thoughts?

Something is up with Kevin. He doesn't look up to snuff and was a ghost in today's match. He was benched at the end of last season and wanted out, only to then sign a new contract and then be a bench player. Not making much sense since he makes probably one of the higher salaries and we aren't using him much since getting Cleverley.

Thoughts?

I think his bottom lip was out as he thought he had earned a starting place after Wednesday. I don't know if his performance yesterday was attitude related or just down to tiredness after mid week. He needs 3 or 4 starts and then we will see the player we know.

With Cleverley injured I hope he gets his chance. If Roberto chooses Naismith then I don't think we will see the real Mirallas again.

I think he'd have been better if he'd started, rather than coming into the game once we'd completely retreated into our shell. At the beginning of the game we were confident with the ball and moved it about well and were well on top but we had no one with any sort of invention or the will to get the ball and actually do something with it - that's where Kev would have come in. Instead he comes on when Spurs had all the play and we were just looking to survive.

I'm not concerned by his attitude or performance yesterday.