IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Just what he needed to do. I'm convinced he's happy. If he was "sulking" it would have been very easy for him to just say I will talk about my future at the end of the season. It also confirms the celebration was aimed at the media & not the fans

Major lack of eye contact in that, any body language experts on the site?

He's always done this in interviews. I used to just think he was doing it because he was deferring to the translator, but he just appears to handle his interviews this way. My educated guess is that he lacks confidence in English and thus hangs his head and diverts his eyes. Also, it's embarrasing for someone who is talented and successful in one arena to have trouble in another (in this case, mastering English).

So, while I don't know whether or not he actually is happy to stay at Everton or if he is simply trying to get fans and the media off his back, I can say his body language isn't entirely outside of (his) normal.

I wouldn't call myself a body language expert, per se, but I am a cultural anthropologist, and I do pay attention to these things on a daily basis.

I would absolutely love for him to sign a new contract and stay. Yes, he's an up and down player but when he's on it he can rip the piss out of any defender and I love to watch it. Get him signed up, sign Lennon permanently if we can make it happen and sign another winger as back up and we can play two natural wingers for the majority of games next season!

Agree.

If it was aimed at the fans I would want to get rid. But if it was aimed at the media then I don't really care.

Let's see more Kev.

I still think he will leave as the interview made it look like a diplomacy sketch...turning his head away etc

But if he can get his head sorted and the manager trusts him then let's keep him and get him back on form.

We wouldn't get enough money back for him to make it worth selling. Best scenario is to keep him and urge him to fulfill his potential.

I would be absolutely delighted if he stayed and signed a new deal, I've said that from the beginning. What I wouldn't want is for him to stay if it was against his wishes or he wasn't committed to us. I'm a firm believer in no matter how good a player is if he doesn't want to stay he should be shipped out. No exceptions.

So if he really is happy and all this is nothing to do with him wanting out etc, if we get him signed to a new deal and get Lennon in for 6 million our wings would be decent and we wouldn't have to shell out a massive amount to sort them next season.

I'm not that bothered if he goes or stays it was a lucky break for him yeaterday but other than that he didn't do much else.

If he goes we will get a decent fee for him.

If he pulls his finger out his arse he's better to have than not to have. Anyone we got in would have to settle in etc plus it wont be cheap to replace him.

From the echo:-

"It's also reported today that Aaron Lennon is "desperate" to make his loan move to Goodison Park a permanent one - but Everton are still deciding over the £7m fee.

The London Evening Standard report that the winger feels revitalised after the spell at Everton and is loving life on Merseyside.

It is reported that Roberto Martinez is keen to keep Lennon, but Everton are reluctant to pay £7m for a player with just one year left to run on his contract.

A player exchange has been mooted, with Spurs credited with an interest in Kevin Mirallas, who also has just one year to run on his contract."

IF it costs £7m to get him for next season rather than waiting till the season after to get him for nothing then I would pay it, he has arguably paid his £7m fee with his goals and assists already.

Spurs are notorious for playin hard ball. They will know we want him after this season, their own fans want him back and to be offered a contract.

For me he is worth a minimum of £4m - we could just offer what they paid for Pienaar as that what a similar situation.

If he leaves us for Tottenham he's a gobshite.

If he goes to a cl team then fair enough but he isn't getting cl football there so alls it would be is a sideways step. He leaves to further his career and play at a higher level I've no problem and wish him well, if he steps sideways to a Tottenham or the likes he's just proved it's Everton he doesn't want to play for.

Imo there's no point in him moving to Tottenham as he wont wt cl football there in his career.

If he leaves us for Tottenham he's a gobshite.

If he goes to a cl team then fair enough but he isn't getting cl football there so alls it would be is a sideways step. He leaves to further his career and play at a higher level I've no problem and wish him well, if he steps sideways to a Tottenham or the likes he's just proved it's Everton he doesn't want to play for.

Imo there's no point in him moving to Tottenham as he wont wt cl football there in his career.

agreed plus he's not a guaranteed starter there. they are stacked on the wings with nacer chadli (9 goals, 5 assists), ryan mason (2 goals, 3 assists), erik lamela (1 goal, 6 assists), and andros townsend (2 goals, 2 assists). he's not unseating their ACM in eriksen (12 goals, 3 assists) either.

he could play every week here, or be a bit part player there and still not play CL. i just don't see it.

agreed plus he's not a guaranteed starter there. they are stacked on the wings with nacer chadli (9 goals, 5 assists), ryan mason (2 goals, 3 assists), erik lamela (1 goal, 6 assists), and andros townsend (2 goals, 2 assists). he's not unseating their ACM in eriksen (12 goals, 3 assists) either.

he could play every week here, or be a bit part player there and still not play CL. i just don't see it.

Yep, I just don't see why he would go to Tottenham giving the reason he's stated he wants to play cl football.

He's made sounds about it and wanting to play on the biggest stage and I don't begrudge him that one little bit but to move to there just goes against everything he has said and why he may want to go elsewhere..

Yep, I just don't see why he would go to Tottenham giving the reason he's stated he wants to play cl football.

He's made sounds about it and wanting to play on the biggest stage and I don't begrudge him that one little bit but to move to there just goes against everything he has said and why he may want to go elsewhere..

To be fair he would have a much better chance of getting CL football at White Heart Lane than he would at Goodison

I can't help but think that the papers are trying to sell Mirallas like they do to a couple of our best players every season. I do think Mirallas wants CL football, though I'm not sure he's going to get an offer from a big club. I don't think he's someone content to ride the pine, and he's already done his time in a lower-tier CL club in Greece.

I'd be absolutely delighted if he signed a new deal and stayed Inreally would.

Even if he doesn't but stays another season AND we bring Lennon in then the wings which I thought would be where most of our kitty went this season would be sorted and we wouldn't have to worry.

I've been looking at what needs replacing realistically replacing next season and if we lose Mirallas and Lennon doesn't stay we're going to need at least 20

Million spent on two wingers and thats middle of the range players at that price.

If Mirallas is happy to stay we should pull out all the stops and offer him a bumper deal to keep him. Could end up our smartest bit of business all summer.

• 3 weeks later...

We need additional wide players if that's the case. Still don't think everything is Rosey with him and Martinez. The guy is a 100% banker for the starting 11 but doesn't get picked? What planet is Martinez on

Edited by MC11