IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Depends who you compare them to. They're small compared to us for example; only ever won one major trophy (nearly forty years ago) and only have a 32,000 stadium so little room for growth. Fairly limited fan base. They're having a great spell and I really hope they manage top four this year; but I don't think they will and I don't think their current success is sustainable. Probably Europa next season and they'll end up pretty much where we are in the league, back in the lower reaches which is their natural habitat.

Also, no idea what their wage structure is but I'm sure it's smaller than Kev's valuation of himself.

fair points, but they contributed to my appreciation of football a lot growing up (mainly MLT) and to many extremely good players. Don't know why, just feel "small club" is a harsh way to describe them

On his day he is our best player by a country mile! But come the summer with 12 months left in his comtract, the additional 12 months have to be agreed on by both parties so we can forget that, anything over £7m will be lucky! If we could get £9m I'd bite anyone's hand off.

He's one of my favourite players, on his day he is fantastic, but we don't see his day often enough. If he could get to 8/10 every week he would be in a CL club competing for trophies every year. But he isn't, he's in his prime, he isn't going to improve now. I'll enjoy him for the next few months and be ready to see him leave in the summer.

On his day he is our best player by a country mile! But come the summer with 12 months left in his comtract, the additional 12 months have to be agreed on by both parties so we can forget that, anything over £7m will be lucky! If we could get £9m I'd bite anyone's hand off.

He's one of my favourite players, on his day he is fantastic, but we don't see his day often enough. If he could get to 8/10 every week he would be in a CL club competing for trophies every year. But he isn't, he's in his prime, he isn't going to improve now. I'll enjoy him for the next few months and be ready to see him leave in the summer.

"Everton have the option of extending his contract by 12 months". Sounds like we put it in the contract to give us an option to cut him lose if it didn't work out, not sure they can negotiate it

As we all know, there is little point in keeping a player who doesn't want to stay.

What alarms me is how he seems to be putting himself in the shop window with these statements. He seems to be fishing for offers.

It's like, 'I'll see what's out there, if nothing of interest, I'll stay'.

It doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Can you see the club managing to enforce it? To make a player stay? It's never going to happen.

I don't think it's about enforcing it to make him stay. It's about letting other clubs know that he doesn't just have 12 months on his contract....you want him, you'll have to pay proper rates.

exactly. Worst case, agree with him if he wants to leave to extend his contract before the window, don't announce it, then sell him for his actual worth.

Would Mirallas be this keen to leave if we were sitting in 4th/5th? Doubtful. You have to fulfil your better players ambitions and so far this season has been a shambles. One man to blame.

The mention of the Europa League winners getting a champions league spot is a clear indication that he'll consider staying if we win it. That is possible.

Would Mirallas be this keen to leave if we were sitting in 4th/5th? Doubtful. You have to fulfil your better players ambitions and so far this season has been a shambles. One man to blame.

The mention of the Europa League winners getting a champions league spot is a clear indication that he'll consider staying if we win it. That is possible.

I don't think we are good enough to go much further to be honest

It's Derby day, all about Everton F.C - the 4th most successful club in England that's been around since 1878.

It's not about a 27 year old club hopping Belgian with ideas above his station. Today will be his 77th appearance for Everton - the most he has made for any club in his 10 year career.

Edited by Hafnia

It's Derby day, all about Everton F.C - the 4th most successful club in England that's been around since 1878.

It's not about a 27 year old club hopping Belgian with ideas above his station. Today will be his 77th appearance for Everton - the most he has made for any club in his 10 year career.

He hasn't said it is all about him, he has just been honest when asked a question

Cant understand your problem with him, do you just hate him because MC loves him?

There is no disloyalty , he signed a contract with us and has honoured that contract, he hasn't stamped his feet and asked for a move. You cant blame the guy for wanting to win trophies so I don't get what the issue is here

No, I've often found his attitude a problem. From when he first came here he was signalling to come off, complaining about Moyes wanting him to tuck in.

Hugely talented player who's a match winner. But for me it's always been about him. Very greedy at times and for me isn't a team player.

He disappointed me pre world cup trying to get the coach not to take januzaj.

As a player on his day he is arguably our best, unfortunately he is so hot and cold it's untrue.

Some times you need players to be a bit greedy, he is our only creative player so will be a big loss when he goes, but at least he has given the club plenty of notice so Roberto can start looking now rather than later

Players come and go, I accept it. Too much emphasis is placed on pleasing them and pandering to what "they want" - if they wanna go then they can pack their Luis vuitton suitcases and take their money.

Hope he scores a couple today.

Players come and go, I accept it. Too much emphasis is placed on pleasing them and pandering to what "they want" - if they wanna go then they can pack their Luis vuitton suitcases and take their money.

Hope he scores a couple today.

Exactly. If he had played for SAF or an old school coach they would have ripped him a new ass hole. The new breed of managers put up with ego and pander to these guys, I don't dig that. I prefer the more traditional style where if you're like that you can ship up or ship out.

So there you have it. He has two and a half years on his contract. Looks like he'll have to force the move and BTW his hearts still in Everton. You should have seen him rallying the Gwladys Street end just before kick off. In the same way Gravesen used to.

People need to get off his back and stop trying to expose him as the devil. He's a top top player and better than anything else we have.

Super Kev Mirallas.

Edited by MC11

Rallying the Gwladys Street end? He was hardly being a fucking cheer leader! He ran over waving his arms in the air for about two seconds. Lukaku has done the same on a couple of occasions, I don't think it's a sign of love for the club.

If anything it's patronising to tell the Gwladys street to make more noise before the Derby kicks off. Like we don't know what to do in that situation. I guess we can just look for an excuse to polish his golden balls for him.

Win us a couple of games, then we'll talk.

Edited by StevO

Rallying the Gwladys Street end? He was hardly being a fucking cheer leader! He ran over waving his arms in the air for about two seconds. Lukaku has done the same on a couple of occasions, I don't think it's a sign of love for the club.

If anything it's patronising to tell the Gwladys street to make more noise before the Derby kicks off. Like we don't know what to do in that situation. I guess we can just look for an excuse to polish his golden balls for him.

Win us a couple of games, then we'll talk.

That's just bollocks. Patronising? It's a sign of passion.

I love those players that wave their arms around as if they love the club.... Gravesen.... We got just £2.5m because he didn't sign a new contract.

Real Madrid came calling and you know what they say about that. When they call - players go. It's only Barcelona players who don't consider it. For obvious reasons.

Back on topic.

Mirallas showed by pumping the crowd up he was bothered about that game. It was passion.

So there you have it. He has two and a half years on his contract. Looks like he'll have to force the move and BTW his hearts still in Everton. You should have seen him rallying the Gwladys Street end just before kick off. In the same way Gravesen used to.

People need to get off his back and stop trying to expose him as the devil. He's a top top player and better than anything else we have.

Super Kev Mirallas.

He's a good player and a game changer. He is also very inconsistent and his ego comes before his ability. I would expect ronaldo to come out with some of his latest comments but not him.

...and as for the rallying of the crowd. Behave yourself soft lad. Adabayor has been doing this for years and shits in every club he's ever been at. Means sweet fa.

Real Madrid came calling and you know what they say about that. When they call - players go. It's only Barcelona players who don't consider it. For obvious reasons.

Except Luis Figo, Saviola, Michael Laudrup :)

Could throw in Ronaldo and Luis Enrique too, but they didn't transfer directly. Was interesting read, looking that up.

Except Luis Figo, Saviola, Michael Laudrup :)

Could throw in Ronaldo and Luis Enrique too, but they didn't transfer directly. Was interesting read, looking that up.

That further enhances the case then. If Real Madrid come calling player go. However, Barcelona players are the only ones likely to turn them down. It's taboo