IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

It was a poorly taken penalty. You could see when he stepped up and took the ball of Baines that he wasn't looking confident. Baines should've stepped up and said "Back the F*** off mate...I'm 94% from the spot in the Premier League". Sure Mirallas has knocked in a few great free kicks in his time with us, but realistically you gotta let Leighton drill that one home. Especially with our season hanging so precariously in the balance. He was being a cocky son of a gun who wanted to rise his goals tally so he can defend a move to a big club in the summer. Good riddance in my opinion if that was his intention. Clearly not a team player.

Also, he is as fragile as a newborn baby! Hamstring started giving him fits because of the change of temperature in the locker room at halftime. Would've been better off leaving him sitting on the penalty spot for the entire half...to think about his poor decision

Just looking at his instagram page I see he was our "Player of the Month" for December so I thought I'd have a look at the month's MOTM figures to see if TT agreed (agenda obviously, anyone with more football knowledge than a dry roasted peanut knows our best player in December was Besic by a street.....actually by a very long motorway). Results are in.

Second (six votes) to Besic v Hull
Got one vote (guess who?) v City away. Besic MOTM again.
Krasnodar, didn't play.
Got one vote (I wonder?) v QPR. Besic MOTM again.
Missed the Southampton match. Besic again wins.
Zero votes v Stoke. Lukaku won, Besic didn't play.
Two votes v Newcastle. Kone MOTM (Besic sat on the bench for ninety minutes).
Who decides for these?

Just looking at his instagram page I see he was our "Player of the Month" for December so I thought I'd have a look at the month's MOTM figures to see if TT agreed (agenda obviously, anyone with more football knowledge than a dry roasted peanut knows our best player in December was Besic by a street.....actually by a very long motorway). Results are in.

Krasnodar, didn't play.

Who decides for these?

:lol: Maybe he has a major say in it?!!!

Mind, maybe the award was for Besic, but Mirallas took it off him!!

Edited by Newty82

Krasnodar, didn't play.

Who decides for these?

I'll have you know I voted for Barkley v QPR and Eto'o v City away. Just checked.

Whilst my favourite player is Mirallas I don't just vote for him every game you fruit.

I'll have you know I voted for Barkley v QPR and Eto'o v City away. Just checked.

Whilst my favourite player is Mirallas I don't just vote for him every game you fruit.

What only speculation my little vegetable; was more likely to be "mirallas" himself, our one eyed Belgian member.

I like RM's stance here... in other words, we don't need to sell you and its on our terms, so in effect "If you want him then you have to pay the going rate - not a consolationary bid"

One way or another Kev is gonna have to have a long look at himself. Is he going to refocus on the team and help us make a move up the table and attract good solid bids/get rewarded with new contract - or is he gonna spit his dummy out and demand a move, if he does the latter we will sell for probably £15m+.

I like the fact that RM has mentioned Mcaleny - he will give us something different up front. We need a bit of guile and trickery against teams who set up like WBA, I think the lad is a finisher.

all depends on what someone will pay. If he sorts his consistency and attitude out he is a good £20m player.

Spot on, even if he does only play 60% of a season, he can have a massive impact when he does.

Plus, if we put a clause in, we have a better platform to negotiate from (see Bonys transfer as an example)

Selling Mirallas would be absolute criminal. He's tried and tested and he works in our team. The whole penalty thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Can you imagine what we'll be left with if he leaves? Naismith and McGeady out wide and An unknown quantity of a new player. Use your heads.

Edited by MC11

Spot on, even if he does only play 60% of a season, he can have a massive impact when he does.

Plus, if we put a clause in, we have a better platform to negotiate from (see Bonys transfer as an example)

See this is the problem with the appraisals of players...

Fellaini on his game was like a £40m player, that was 1 in 5 performances though if we were lucky. The same can be said for Rom, the same can be said for Mirallas - is it a belgian thing???

I know from Spurs fans that Dembele is the same - 1 game in 5 he looks great then he can't be bothered. Hazard is class as is Kompany so i'm not generalising all of them!

Selling Mirallas would be absolute criminal. He's tried and tested and he works in our team. The whole penalty thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Can you imagine what we'll be left with if he leaves? Naismith and McGeady out wide and An unknown quantity of a new player. Use your heads.

No one disputes his talent - we dispute his consistency, injury record, attitude. Throw that into the mix and you get a balanced appraisal of a player - not just selective highlight reel of his spectacular moments.

10/10 one game 6/10 next game...

No one disputes his talent - we dispute his consistency, injury record, attitude. Throw that into the mix and you get a balanced appraisal of a player - not just selective highlight reel of his spectacular moments.

10/10 one game 6/10 next game...

His injury record isn't even bad. Watch us face palm if he leaves we'll be blunt upfront.

Im not going on that, I'm going on the fact he only has 14months (currently) on his contract. I absolutely want him to stay, hes one of our best players but if he is looking to leave after this season, make sure we get top price for him

His injury record isn't even bad. Watch us face palm if he leaves we'll be blunt upfront.

75 apps out of 114 possible in the league. Its not bad but its not great. - edit: 65% of the games

We also won't be blunt, but we would suffer

Edited by Matt

Good job we don't want rid then

How do you know Everton won't want rid of him, clause or no clause? He has said he wants to concentrate on rest of season after it was made news he only has 18 months left, or however long. Who made it news, him or the club? You must be taking the "we" as this forum, who fortunately don't have a say in who stays or goes.

How do you know Everton won't want rid of him, clause or no clause? He has said he wants to concentrate on rest of season after it was made news he only has 18 months left, or however long. Who made it news, him or the club? You must be taking the "we" as this forum, who fortunately don't have a say in who stays or goes.

Actually by "we" I meant the vast majority of Evertonians but I very much doubt that the club wants to get rid of its only creative player

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic