IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Everton news conference

Southampton v Everton (Saturday, 15:00 GMT)

Posted at

09:07

Everton boss Roberto Martinez: "We have great news. We were very worried about Kevin Mirallas because we felt the ankle had definite damage but it is the least it could be. He is quick healer so I don't expect him to be out for too long.

Everton news conference

Southampton v Everton (Saturday, 15:00 GMT)

Posted at

09:07

Everton boss Roberto Martinez: "We have great news. We were very worried about Kevin Mirallas because we felt the ankle had definite damage but it is the least it could be. He is quick healer so I don't expect him to be out for too long.

"he's made of glass but he recovers quickly before getting injured again"

Straight from the horses arse:

"It's to the ligament in his ankle but he's a quick healer and I don't expect him to be out for too long - the game on Saturday is a bit too early but I wouldn't rule him out for any of the fixtures in the Christmas period which is fantastic news."

• 3 weeks later...

But downings in there.

Come on Haf Downings been shit for years but this season he's shown some form.

Considering you say you've always been an attacking player and "know your stuff" - trumpet blowing you don't half rate some shit players and seem to have a dislike for Mirallas - our best player

Edited by MC11

Agree with MC Downing has been great for West Ham this season looks more like the player from his Villa days

Although he can be inconsistent at times I think he's been judged harshly as he's our main and at times only real attacking threat if we had a player of similar ability doing the same job on the other side of the pitch he'd have far less criticism at times

Funnily enough the two players amongst a handful of others I'd hate to loose would be McCarthy and Mirallas, see some common ground I think a man hug is well over due from you two :)

Edited by EFC-Paul

Come on Haf Downings been shit for years but this season he's shown some form.

Considering you say you've always been an attacking player and "know your stuff" - trumpet blowing you don't half rate some shit players and seem to have a dislike for Mirallas - our best player

I dislike mirallas now??? Ffs, any Everton players I do like.

No I think downing is the right player for the right club. Needs to be the big fish. He does look sharp in fairness.

him and gibson must be amazing at table tennis by now.

McCarthy must be catching them up.

Super Kev tonight proved that he is a cut above, a match winner. I think we'll lose him because of the season we've had but he should be the top earner at this club if that's what it takes.

McCarthy must be catching them up.

Super Kev tonight proved that he is a cut above, a match winner. I think we'll lose him because of the season we've had but he should be the top earner at this club if that's what it takes.

Kev played well tonight, second best player on the pitch. Matchwinner when he's like that indeed.

P.s MC, it's not like he's a hidden underappreciated gem and you have the monopoly on rating him. I think other people are just a little more balanced! He is a top talent and sometimes can be highly frustrating.

But. .... he was very good tonight, so you go knock yourself out.

Kev played well tonight, second best player on the pitch. Matchwinner when he's like that indeed.

P.s MC, it's not like he's a hidden underappreciated gem and you have the monopoly on rating him. I think other people are just a little more balanced! He is a top talent and sometimes can be highly frustrating.

But. .... he was very good tonight, so you go knock yourself out.

I don't pretend that I was the first to rate him. However he is underrated on this forum that's just fact. You like to put digs in at him. He's absolute quality.

As an ex serious table tennis player I take a bit of offence at the suggestion that it's something you can get good at while too injured to play football. Takes great stamina and reflex to play properly, plus all muscles intact :shaking fist:.

I agree actually Mike. Desmond Douglas was a fine figure of a man.