IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

I would've thought just getting it sorted would've been less of a distraction.

My concern is, from June 2015 he then only has 12 months left on his contract. His value will reduce massively if someone comes and puts a bid on him. Not saying we will sell him, but if a title contender here or abroad comes along, it doesn't matter how happy he is now, his head could be turned. Or we could sort him out now so theres no worries of reduced fees should a bid come in.

I know what you mean, but I think across football this needs to happen. It will certainly incentivise those players who aren't exactly playing at their best level to earn a better deal or attract other clubs.

Some players when they get their nice big contract just drop that bit of intensity - remember a certain Charlie Adam at Blackpool? he was very good when he was on £10k a week.

There is no way we should leave it as late as the summer. It needs to be done next month and I'd put him on 70k

Big player. Big money.

70k is not a lot of money in terms of footballers wages. When you look at the Rooney, Toure & Aguero deals it really is pittance.

Mirallas should be amongst the top earners.

There is no way we should leave it as late as the summer. It needs to be done next month and I'd put him on 70k

Big player. Big money.

70k is not a lot of money in terms of footballers wages. When you look at the Rooney, Toure & Aguero deals it really is pittance.

Mirallas should be amongst the top earners.

£70k is a lot of money in terms of our wage structure and our turnover. Rooney is not worth a third of what he is on, Toure and Aguero play for a club that is thye richest in the world.

I would've thought just getting it sorted would've been less of a distraction.

My concern is, from June 2015 he then only has 12 months left on his contract. His value will reduce massively if someone comes and puts a bid on him. Not saying we will sell him, but if a title contender here or abroad comes along, it doesn't matter how happy he is now, his head could be turned. Or we could sort him out now so theres no worries of reduced fees should a bid come in.

Depends on the terms of the extra years option though doesn't it? Is it something that we can take up if we want or do both sides have to agree? Must be the first surely because the second would mean it was completely meaningless.

I think we should get him signed up ASAP , yesterday if possible. Agree with MC here he should be top wage earner here (on level with others I mean) he's probably the only player we have who has the ability to change a game or do something extraordinary other than Barkley. We're crying out for another player of his ability to play on the opposite side to him.

If we lost him it would be a massive blow to the side. In my opinion he is in our top 3 important players.

I think we should get him signed up ASAP , yesterday if possible. Agree with MC here he should be top wage earner here (on level with others I mean) he's probably the only player we have who has the ability to change a game or do something extraordinary other than Barkley. We're crying out for another player of his ability to play on the opposite side to him.

If we lost him it would be a massive blow to the side. In my opinion he is in our top 3 important players.

03/12/14 + 1 follower :P

Depends on the terms of the extra years option though doesn't it? Is it something that we can take up if we want or do both sides have to agree? Must be the first surely because the second would mean it was completely meaningless.

I've missed something then, so far as I've read his contract is up until 30.06.2016:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kevin-mirallas/profil/spieler/33639

I've missed something then, so far as I've read his contract is up until 30.06.2016:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kevin-mirallas/profil/spieler/33639

You certainly have -

The Blues boss is relaxed about the Belgian forward’s future, content that he is under contract until June 2016 with the option of a further year also in those terms.

Not sounding too good that in one way but he also says he wants it at Everton.

He will also know it's very unlikely he will get it here.

It's not "very" unlikely considering we just missed out last season. Luckily enough we have two ways to enter this season. I would be devastated if we lost him. Replacing him would be almost impossible with out finances.... Especially if we don't get his full value. This needs completing ASAP!

It's not "very" unlikely considering we just missed out last season. Luckily enough we have two ways to enter this season. I would be devastated if we lost him. Replacing him would be almost impossible with out finances.... Especially if we don't get his full value. This needs completing ASAP!

It is VERY unlikely MC. We wont get 4th and I don't think we're good enough to win Europa BUT we do have a chance of going all the way.

I agree about getting the deal done though. As inportant as tying down Barkley, Stones, McCarthy etc in my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...