IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Get a grip MC, players like Alan Ball who were world class were sold by the club - they loved the shirt and respected the club and teammates.You are acting like some 14 year old girl worried about take that splitting up.

Give it a rest now you're boring!

TSF doesn't think too highly of Mirallas.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/23667/kevin-mirallas-pays-the-penalty-for-selfish-spot-kick-failure/#slide-1

And after all that, one player breaks rank and decides that he should be the hero. In a couple of the teams that I’ve played in, Mirallas would have been pinned to the changing-room wall at full time while the rest of the squad gave him a painful demonstration of what it means to belong to a team. Obviously, minus Baines who, as we know, doesn’t like confrontation.

It will piss off the Everton players far more if the club now breaks its wage structure – whatever that is – to keep Mirallas at Goodison Park. As a player, he will know that. But for some footballers, the lure of cash on the horizon in what is a finite career far outweighs the togetherness and selflessness that can so help a squad in pursuit of success.

Edited by Makis

I did hear yesterday, and I'm not normally one to post what I hear off a mate ect ect, but the whole penalty debacle - apparently Kev had a shirt underneath with a tribute to the young Belgian boy Junior Malanda and that's why he took the penalty. Again wrong it may be as their is an order, but I did not ever believe it was him putting himself in the shop window regardless the truth to this or not.

I did hear yesterday, and I'm not normally one to post what I hear off a mate ect ect, but the whole penalty debacle - apparently Kev had a shirt underneath with a tribute to the young Belgian boy Junior Malanda and that's why he took the penalty. Again wrong it may be as their is an order, but I did not ever believe it was him putting himself in the shop window regardless the truth to this or not.

That was on a site last week - forgot which one.

That was on a site last week - forgot which one.

It doesn't make it any better though, IMO. As sad as the death of his friend is he shouldn't have put that ahead of the team and getting an important three points.

He put even more pressure on himself to score that penalty if that's the reason too. By all means, try everything to score from open play, even be a greedy bastard and shoot on sight at every opportunity, but do not blow an opportunity of almost a guaranteed goal like that for personal reasons.

It doesn't make it any better though, IMO. As sad as the death of his friend is he shouldn't have put that ahead of the team and getting an important three points.

He put even more pressure on himself to score that penalty if that's the reason too. By all means, try everything to score from open play, even be a greedy bastard and shoot on sight at every opportunity, but do not blow an opportunity of almost a guaranteed goal like that for personal reasons.

Couldn't agree more.

Relly tragic to lose a friend, especially one so young but He should have been professional about it.

He gets paid enough to justify us expecting that of him.

No no I completely agree with you mate!! And I wasn't sure if it had been discussed on the forum, it was more to do the suspicions he was trying to put himself in the shop window!!!

No no I completely agree with you mate!! And I wasn't sure if it had been discussed on the forum, it was more to do the suspicions he was trying to put himself in the shop window!!!

Oh I didn't think you were trying to justify what he did or anything! :)

Thinking he was doing it to put himself in the shop window is just silly I reckon.

Couldn't agree more.

Relly tragic to lose a friend, especially one so young but He should have been professional about it.

He gets paid enough to justify us expecting that of him.

Malanda will be somewhere upstairs now waiting for an opportunity to reveal his "You tit Kev" T-shirt.

Oh I didn't think you were trying to justify what he did or anything! :)

Thinking he was doing it to put himself in the shop window is just silly I reckon.

Good man! I gave him benefit of the doubt from the start. But anyways it's done now hopefully he nets a couple against pool!

Not surprising, but not encouraging, either.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/05/kevin-mirallas-everton-new-challenge-new-season

"I like it over here, but .....

The general rule of thumb is, "Ignore everything before the 'but.'"

Thats how I read it. He wants gone. Fair enough, sell him in the summer. Unless of course we win the europa and he will "consider it" - big of ya that Kev lad.

Can't be 3-7m, just can't be. He has 12 months +12 month extension if we exercise our clause, 3-7m is ludicrous for a player of his ability with technically 2 years on his contract

Agreed. Probably his agent trying to devalue him to get more interest. Where's he going to go? Spurs to play Europa? I really can't see man uc Chelsea, man city, arsenal, etc going for him.

I could see him in Spain if a big enough name came calling (Athletico). He is a native Spanish speaker, I believe. Also could see him in Germany.

Didn't realise his dad was born in Spain; so you may well be right. English is good and probably has a bit of Greek as well, bright lad.

I think (if he leaves) the only English side he'd go to, and who would want him, would be Spurs but they're unlikely to get Champs League. Southampton might have it but he won't go there because however well they're doing at the moment they're still a small club.

Abroad is the most likely; but try doing the biz in the Europa with us Kev then you can stay with your mate Rom!

Never thought of Southampton as a small club. They may not have our history but currently looking like they have a very bright future. Assuming one of the rich 4 don't come in for him, Saints would be a good option for him with their style of play. Still hope he stays mind you.

Never thought of Southampton as a small club. They may not have our history but currently looking like they have a very bright future. Assuming one of the rich 4 don't come in for him, Saints would be a good option for him with their style of play. Still hope he stays mind you.

Depends who you compare them to. They're small compared to us for example; only ever won one major trophy (nearly forty years ago) and only have a 32,000 stadium so little room for growth. Fairly limited fan base. They're having a great spell and I really hope they manage top four this year; but I don't think they will and I don't think their current success is sustainable. Probably Europa next season and they'll end up pretty much where we are in the league, back in the lower reaches which is their natural habitat.

Also, no idea what their wage structure is but I'm sure it's smaller than Kev's valuation of himself.