IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

He can be frustrating at times and hot and cold but MC is right.....we will be worse of without him.

He fits right in our team and is very dangerous. Signing him on another contract would be a very smart move and another statement of intent by the club.

I'll be extremely surprised if he's still an Everton player after this summer. The article strikes me as a player trying to keep the fans off his back until he goes by saying I'll decide in the summer.

He'll be a big miss, so I hope Martinez has a similar player on his hit list around 24/25 years of age to come in - we need width and trickery.

He bails us out the shit time and time again. Yes he is injury prone but giving him a big contract is just as important as Baines, Coleman , Barkley, Stones etc.

He's our only creative wide player and he chips in with a good share of goals and assists.

Hopefully the club realise his importance and coax him into staying.

I think the article is him saying he wants to see where we are at the end of the season. If we finish 17th and there's no sign of us improving under Martinez and we're a club on the slide he'll be off, ifwe bounce back second half and pull ourselves up the league and he's reassured players coming in to improve the team and he thinks we're capable of challenging he'll stay.

Can't say I'd blame him for that. I also think those questioning his attitude are unfair, he done an article in the Echo stating he wanted to step up to the plate this season as a senior player and he's given it 110% every time he's played and scored some important goals.

He bails us out the shit time and time again. Yes he is injury prone but giving him a big contract is just as important as Baines, Coleman , Barkley, Stones etc.

He's our only creative wide player and he chips in with a good share of goals and assists.

Hopefully the club realise his importance and coax him into staying.

I think the article is him saying he wants to see where we are at the end of the season. If we finish 17th and there's no sign of us improving under Martinez and we're a club on the slide he'll be off, ifwe bounce back second half and pull ourselves up the league and he's reassured players coming in to improve the team and he thinks we're capable of challenging he'll stay.

Can't say I'd blame him for that. I also think those questioning his attitude are unfair, he done an article in the Echo stating he wanted to step up to the plate this season as a senior player and he's given it 110% every time he's played and scored some important goals.

Spot on Paddock.

The board should ask themselves this:

How much would he cost to replace (properly!), how much is his replacement going to want in wages?

Give the lad 70k a week he's worth every penny.

I agree with your valuation.

However this cements how ridiculous your valuation of McCarthy is.

It doesn't cement how ridiculous my valuation of McCarthy is at all.

McCarthy is 23 and is going to get better at a role where he is already excelling at - how many defensive midfielders are as competant as he is at his age and can be bought for under £25m? There really aren't many at all.

You will say Matic - he is 26, would cost a team in excess of £45m right now.

It doesn't cement how ridiculous my valuation of McCarthy is at all.

McCarthy is 23 and is going to get better at a role where he is already excelling at - how many defensive midfielders are as competant as he is at his age and can be bought for under £25m? There really aren't many at all.

You will say Matic - he is 26, would cost a team in excess of £45m right now.

McCarthy is not worth £25m, never mind £30m+ (which was your valuation last time out). I agree on the Mirallas figures. They're realistic.

McCarthy is not worth £25m, never mind £30m+ (which was your valuation last time out). I agree on the Mirallas figures. They're realistic.

In your opinion McCarthy is not worth £25m - thats fine, thats your opinion. In my opinion he is worth £30m and you will do very little to change that opinion as I have based that opinion using the same methodology as Mirallas:-

"what will someone pay to get a player of that quality to do that role"

whether you think a house is worth £250k or £180k - it really doesn't matter, its what someone will pay for it that does.

My response isn't probably what you wanted to read as it hasn't given what your antagonistic nature needs.

Spot on Paddock.

The board should ask themselves this:

How much would he cost to replace (properly!), how much is his replacement going to want in wages?

Give the lad 70k a week he's worth every penny.

Yep, he contributes a lot more than most players. Defo worth 70k a week in my eyes.

In your opinion McCarthy is not worth £25m - thats fine, thats your opinion. In my opinion he is worth £30m and you will do very little to change that opinion as I have based that opinion using the same methodology as Mirallas:-

"what will someone pay to get a player of that quality to do that role"

whether you think a house is worth £250k or £180k - it really doesn't matter, its what someone will pay for it that does.

My response isn't probably what you wanted to read as it hasn't given what your antagonistic nature needs.

Your response is fine. I'm using the same formula here.

Yep, he contributes a lot more than most players. Defo worth 70k a week in my eyes.

Is it money he is after? He hasn't said that, of course moeny talks - but as my point regarding McCarthy above states - it isn't what we think he is worth - it is what other clubs are prepared to pay him.

He may think he is worth £100k a week and a club may be prepared to pay that and therefore he is a £100k a week player.

Raheem Sterling rejected £70k a week probably because he knows other clubs will pay that. Is he worth £70k a week??? pointless arguement given that clubs throw cash around like confetti.

We have a responsibility to balance the books. If £70k fits in with that then fine, but I expect more games from him.

I'll be extremely surprised if he's still an Everton player after this summer. The article strikes me as a player trying to keep the fans off his back until he goes by saying I'll decide in the summer.

He'll be a big miss, so I hope Martinez has a similar player on his hit list around 24/25 years of age to come in - we need width and trickery.

Lol How old is Callum Mcmanaman?

Hope not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrophy

The difference missing the space bar can make :lol:.

But if you'd hit the space bar I'd still agree with you, Europa is likely beyond us, but not impossible.

I always miss spaces in my posts, this annoys me no end and I'm posting on my phone so don't really have an excuse.

I should re read them, sometimes I do butmy fingers are too big to tap exactly where I need to correct and honest truth, most of the time I don't even check. I don't have spell check or auto correct on either.

I always miss spaces in my posts, this annoys me no end and I'm posting on my phone so don't really have an excuse.

I should re read them, sometimes I do butmy fingers are too big to tap exactly where I need to correct and honest truth, most of the time I don't even check. I don't have spell check or auto correct on either.

Just struck me as a funny one and I know you're the type of guy who will take it in the spirit it's intended :).

I'm ridiculously anal about my grandma and always check it before I post, touch of ocd perhaps? I like to think of it as a result of being educated when teachers were allowed to beat us. Horrible feeling that I'll get a thrashing with a slipper if I misplace an apostrophe....never did me any harm :blink::wacko::blink2:.