IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

If it meant keeping Mirallas I'd rather Martinez went.

Ha ha ha!!!!!!

If ever a comment summed you up its this.

You'd want mirallas to be appointed player manager.

Yeah let's ignore the arrogant prick who never thought of the team. Let's pretend he is carrying out some noble fight to rid us of a nasty manager who is trying to destroy the team.

Edited by Hafnia

Ha ha ha!!!!!!

If ever a comment summed you up its this.

You'd want mirallas to be appointed player manager.

Yeah let's ignore the arrogant prick who never thought of the team. Let's pretend he is carrying out some noble fight to rid us of a nasty manager who is trying to destroy the team.

Yeh pretty much.

Just putting this out there in case anyone has a better memory than me, and not saying it's true (can find nothing on the net and the highlights have disappeared from Everton TV) but there's a whisper that Kev has previous on this.

New Years Day 2014 at Stoke when we got an injury time pen (at 1-0 down) and Jelavic took the ball off Kev and gave it to Baines.

Could be an exaggeration, maybe MIrallas was going to give Leighton the ball anyway, but seems another possible stick has been found to beat him with.

I repeat (because I'm a bit pissed by people making assumptions on my opinions when I've not given them) that I have zero idea of how true/invented this is.

Just putting this out there in case anyone has a better memory than me, and not saying it's true (can find nothing on the net and the highlights have disappeared from Everton TV) but there's a whisper that Kev has previous on this.

New Years Day 2014 at Stoke when we got an injury time pen (at 1-0 down) and Jelavic took the ball off Kev and gave it to Baines.

Could be an exaggeration, maybe MIrallas was going to give Leighton the ball anyway, but seems another possible stick has been found to beat him with.

I repeat (because I'm a bit pissed by people making assumptions on my opinions when I've not given them) that I have zero idea of how true/invented this is.

It's true there is a video on youtube just before Baines takes the kick and Jelavic and Naismith are round Kev, looks like they are trying to explain something to him! Probably why they took the ball of him.

Mirallas has been nudging Baines away from all the dead balls recently anyway. He's always stepping up, maybe he thinks he has the right to them now. Seens as though he's buried a good few.

Think this cements last night was not him looking to throw himself in the shop window.

Edited by MC11

It's true there is a video on youtube just before Baines takes the kick and Jelavic and Naismith are round Kev, looks like they are trying to explain something to him! Probably why they took the ball of him.

Mirallas has been nudging Baines away from all the dead balls recently anyway. He's always stepping up, maybe he thinks he has the right to them now. Seens as though he's buried a good few.

Think this cements last night was not him looking to throw himself in the shop window.

Couldn't find one, can you post a link.

He's entitled to take free-kicks and corners away from him because they're mostly dire, but it doesn't explain why he felt the need to take a penalty kick away from Baines when he's so good at them.

He's entitled to take free-kicks and corners away from him because they're mostly dire, but it doesn't explain why he felt the need to take a penalty kick away from Baines when he's so good at them.

The lad is a winner and it's good to have that in you. If he'd have scored little would have been said. If Baines had missed there would be people defending him against anyone saying the result was his fault. It's because it's Mirallas.

The lad is a winner and it's good to have that in you. If he'd have scored little would have been said. If Baines had missed there would be people defending him against anyone saying the result was his fault. It's because it's Mirallas.

If he'd have scored Id have been relieved he didn't fuck it up but still annoyed at him being a tit. If Baines had missed then no one would need to defend him because he wouldn't be getting the blame for taking the penalty away from the player who usually takes it only to miss that penalty. There's a big difference.

That's just insane. Nobody has an agenda against him (before last night possibly); everybody knows he's a great player, nobody's been picking on him.

Lukaku, McGeady, Coleman, Barkley you may have a case but that's ridiculous.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FwPbtfx5bj8

Look at Jelavic, Naismith and Kev in the too right of the screen. The cart who filmed it turned his phone away but you can see what looks like Jelavic and Kev arguin.

Not really enough there to prove one way or the other I don't think; I'd already looked at that one, need to see the penalty offence itself and immediate reactions to judge properly so jury is out.

I'm guessing this is a significant factor in what happened. Mirallas has recently begun sharing free kick chances with Baines, especially where the distance dictates a shot on goal rather than a pass into the box, and where the angle dictates a right footer. As MC11 says, he's buried a few. Those goals are impressive displays of real talent.

Mirallas surely does have a big ego, bigger than Baines's. His determined stomp across the pitch to secure the ball suggests a man temporarily possessed, almost angry, obsessed with dragging his underperforming team to a goal. He went just a little nuts, aiming to do good.

In the event, the short run-up and lousy shot was a deflating disaster. As he was walking up to the spot, he had no thought of failure; couldn't imagine it.

I don't know whether he's mature enough to imagine how to make amends for his petulance, how to apologize to his teammates, how to explain without justifying, how to help himself and the team, the fans, recover from a setback that constitutes such a major error that he and the club are the object of sneering criticism.

This feels like a very delicate moment. A lot depends on the maturity of Kevin Mirallas. Not what I'd prefer, but it looks like where we are.

"For every free-kick against Aston Villa or stunner against Spurs, there have been the games when he has been anonymous.

Mirallas was firmly in the spotlight on Monday, alright, but for the wrong reasons.

Injuries have limited his impact in each of his three seasons at the club and with a clear run of games, he can produce magical moments.

Mirallas has Champions League ambitions but now is the time to show he is of that standard on a consistent basis.

Oh, and also leave future spot-kicks to Baines."

Perfectly summed up.

Interesting point in the article, if it was because he wanted to dedicate a goal to his recently deceased friend Junior Malanda, would it make a difference ?

Yes it would to me, it would still have been a petulant and foolish act but the mitigating circumstances would be perfectly understandable

Interesting point in the article, if it was because he wanted to dedicate a goal to his recently deceased friend Junior Malanda, would it make a difference to people's reactions had it have been said?

I don't mean to sound insensitive but it still points to the fact that he wanted the focus to be on him and his message. If anything that added pressure on him wanting to score

2-0 up then yeah ok maybe. The fact that players may be going out with a t shirt message for a goal celebration can lead to them making selfish deciosions - not passing to a better placed team mate, nicking the ball off them etc etc.

The reality is that surely if Rom and Mirallas were going to do the t shirt it will have been at west ham. They pointed to the sky and that was a nice tribute.

Interesting point in the article, if it was because he wanted to dedicate a goal to his recently deceased friend Junior Malanda, would it make a difference to people's reactions had it have been said?

Yeah, but he had that chance at Wham in the replay, didn't he?