IGNORED

Zaha

I want Roberto to go after as many Man U guys as possible if only so he can make a snarky comment about how he'd "allow his players to move to a club higher up in the table" if he was in charge at Man U. Then we'd all get to watch Moyes defend not moving any of his guys without contradicting his passive aggressive bullshit about Baines from the summer transfer window.

He's totally overrated on account of being a young, English pacey winger, but he does have some talent. I see him as having more of a mid-table career, personally.

Man United are choca full of overrated youngsters - Welbeck, Hernandez, Evans, Zaha, Cleverley, Smalling, Rafael (good player but apparently he's now the best RB in the world), brainless brute Jones. Januzaj and De Gea are two of the few who looks the real deal. Their hype machine is incredible when it comes to spinning mediocrity as genius.

Edited by Nikica

And in reference to the above, I have noticed that Hernandez is highly rated on here...may I ask why?

He is nothing but a constantly offside, goal hanging poacher who is completely useless outside of the box. His actual footballing ability is pub level. Like a really shite version of Pippo Inzaghi or Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - even the Mexicans think he's average and they know him better than anyone.

Scores a shitload of goals given half a chance

He doesn't though. He scores a shitload of goals if given about fifty chances - he's not that clinical really.

Also, playing with him is like playing with ten men. This isn't the seventies - there's no place for pure poachers in football any more. Gerd Muller was a poacher but he too had far more ability than Hernandez as a footballer.

Let's assume he'd score a goal every two games for Everton - the trade off is that you'd be far less cohesive as a team as he does nothing else apart from his customary goal every now and then. We see this at Real Madrid - Ronaldo scores tons of goals but the team is far too one-dimensional as it is set up to serve him - cut the supply and they run out of ideas, which is why they've won close to the grand total of fuck all since he signed and are the very definition of flat-track bullies (obviously Ronaldo is a far better pure footballer than the Mexican, but the same principle applies i.e. making a team more one-dimensional to get one guy goals).

I've noticed that people who rarely watch Man United love Hernandez because he is a goalscorer - the majority of their fans prefer Welbeck and so do I. Neither of them are world beaters but Welbeck actually displays some footballing ability on occasion, in between falling over the ball. You can't say the same about Hernandez.

Edited by Nikica

He's just turned 21 - if he was one of our youngsters with his current ability, we'd be raving about him. Give him time.

Yeh that's a good point. No way do I think he is worth what has paid for him etc but it doesn't mean he isn't a decent player at the right level.

I dont see the real value of bringing him here though.

• 4 years later...