IGNORED

Newcastle away

duncanmckenzieismagic

Yep. Can't see much happening here.

Going to be a patched up team I think. Players on crutches and in wheelchairs.

Confidence will be very low now. There's not enough time from yesterday to tomorrow to expect a turnaround in performance.

Newcastle aren't playing well just now either. Not going to be a great game.

Guest rusty747

Howard and Jags almost certain non starters, Stones, McCarthy, Mirallas doubtful, Naismith suspended.

It's not going to be pretty to watch is it?

Anyway, here goes - assuming none of the above make it. A 442 formation of:

Robles

Hibbert Alcaraz Browning Garbutt

Mcgeady Besic Barkley Pienaar

Kone Lukaku

Subs. Coleman, Baines, Distin, Ossie, Oviedo, Eto'o Griffiths

And God help us.

Edited by rusty747

Howard and Jags almost certain non starters, Stones, McCarthy, Mirallas doubtful, Naismith suspended.

It's not going to be pretty to watch is it?

Anyway, here goes - assuming none of the above make it. A 442 formation of:

Robles

Hibbert Alcaraz Browning Garbutt

Mcgeady Besic Barkley Pienaar

Kone Lukaku

Subs. Coleman, Baines, Distin, Ossie, Oviedo, Eto'o Griffiths

And God help us.

That potential line-up makes me feel physically ill.

That potential line-up makes me feel phys

Robles

Browning Alcaraz Distin Baines

Besic Barkley

McGeady Eto'o Oviedo

Kone

Subs:

Coleman. Ossie, Lukaku, Garbutt, Griffiths, Barry

This is my point. Why does Barkley deserve another run after that half arsed performance against stoke?

Its more down to the way Barkley and Besic played together previously which makes me use them 2 in the midfield. I personally think Barkley is better in that position in the style we play.

Other option is Barry, but it maybe that he plays in central defence as he did in Europa due to the injuries. If we play Barry centre midfield and he picks up an injury, we are really going to struggle with defence backups for the next few games. Barry can do a job in defence if needed and until we get some players back in that position it would be a risk using him elsewhere.

I'd go with McCarthy and Barkley as CM's.

My team would be...(injuries as they stand)

Robles

Hibbert Stones Distin Baines

Barkley McCarthy

Mirallas Pienaar McGeady

Naismith

I thought McCarthy was unlikely to play. Besic has been our best player recently and was only out due to sickness. He would be first on the team sheet for me. Shows that he want it so much, which has to rub off on the rest of them. Some of those tackles alone can give the whole team a lift.

I thought McCarthy was unlikely to play. Besic has been our best player recently and was only out due to sickness. He would be first on the team sheet for me. Shows that he want it so much, which has to rub off on the rest of them. Some of those tackles alone can give the whole team a lift.

He's been good but the team hasn't looked settled with him in it. I really like him as a player but I'd still play McCarthy ahead of him. I liked the look of Ross deeper.

Injuries still piling up. Jagielka and Howard presumably out. Pienaar a mystery. Hibbert, Osman, Gibson probably still recovering. Mirallas, Stones struggled to finish v. Stoke, and McCarthy, too.

Pre-Stoke, I had foolishly hoped for 7 points from the 3 games. Now I'm desperately thinking it might be sensible to hold all these guys above out of Newcastle, in hopes some will be healthy in time for Hull.

So .....

Robles

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Garbutt

Besic Barry

Lukaku Barkley McGeady

Kone

Subs: Browning, Baines, Oviedo, Eto'o

i support the idea of playing Pienaar in the nr 10 position -

i will start with Kone or Et'o and bring Lukaku on as impact player -

Besic would get my nod before Barkley who becomes an impact player with Lukaku -

Playing attractive football should not be our first priority now -

Martinez should focus on winning by hook or by crook in the position we find ourselves.

Robles

Hibbert Alcaraz Barry Garbutt

McCarthy Besic

McGeady Barkley

Kone Lukaku

Heaven knows what configuration I mean here, but I at least wanted to identify my preferred starters. Rest Coleman and Baines ahead of the Hull game.

From here on, despite the injuries, there's just no way that either Pienaar or Gibson should play. I'd rather see youngsters be given a chance.

Lived through the dark days of!! Well if ya old enough,kept coming believing,all 40,000 + of us.

Well still keep coming,its what makes us Blue, but we had a glimpse of what it might be like didnt we and loved it.

Lose the next three or four which is very possible and see where we are.

Only saviour is there are three or four really unlucky sides below us.

No expectations.

Nice bloke Martinez,but this is a results business ill take eight of ugliest wins of the century right now.See us out of any relagation scrap and sort out the squad properly starting with STOP LEAKING GIFTING GOALS!!!

Develope a couple of creative ways of playing,have an ability to change the way we can play.

Could rant all night,but we aint got the 300 million which Martinez could do with.

Then he could give us what we all want.

But we are Everton FC and we aint got it the way we are.

So lets just say what we have to,then get behind Martinez and the lads.

Soz.Happy New Year.