• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

The Watford game proved Barkley wasn't at fault for the way we have been playing, possibly most fans would agree that that was the worst Everton performance they've witnessed in 15 or more years, Koeman didn't drop Barkley to teach him a lesson he dropped him because for some reason only he could come up with, is McCarthy could do better job in that position than Barkley, he has quickly realised that he's made another monumental fuck up in picking a team.

Can you show any evidence that Valencia has not been match fit for let's say the last 10 games, I've looked but can't find anything you are referring to, unless it was August or early September maybe, he has trained like the rest of the team twice a day five days a week, and if a manager thought a player wasn't fit he would stick him in as many reserve games as possible to get his match fitness up.

He hasn't played him because he didn't rate him simple as that even when he was getting his cameo appearances the supporters could see he was making a difference but Koeman couldn't.

There was quite a few games under Martinez when we was as poor as we was in that match!

Barkley has been terrible this season, most fans will admit that, he needed to be dropped. This is part of the current problem, Martinez made it so regardless of how people played they would never be dropped. Koeman has changed that.

Valencia is very clearly a panic signing. Someone brought in to appease the fans. Koeman didn't want him but has little option but to use him at the moment.

The Director of Football now decides who is brought in, based on input from others. It's the manager's job to best utilize the resources he has available. This approach unravels if the manager won't play someone because he doesn't want him. That undermines the DoF role.

Sorry but one swallow doesn't make a summer. Koeman is making it up as he goes along for me.

To point the finger at barkley and allow lukaku off Scott free was a bad error of judgement. He's pandering to the over indulged one and giving shit to the sensitive shy one.

You literally cannot make a post without mentioning Lukaku you know mate, it's proper obsessive.

There was quite a few games under Martinez when we was as poor as we was in that match!

Barkley has been terrible this season, most fans will admit that, he needed to be dropped. This is part of the current problem, Martinez made it so regardless of how people played they would never be dropped. Koeman has changed that.

Hull away springs to mind straight away!

You literally cannot make a post without mentioning Lukaku you know mate, it's proper obsessive.

We don't know the Haf of it. I've heard that his new favourite phrase is "As Luk would have it". At Star Trek movies, he now boos the Romulans. He refused the Belgian chocolates he was given for his 40th...

McCarthy was never playing number ten.

Of the three in there he just got forward the most.

Yeh he pressed higher up the pitch defensively to try and stop them getting an easy pass through. Bit like a 424. In attack he was supposed to support Lukaku as a runner rather than a creative passers but it didn't work.

We missed the boat on sampaoli, they are destroying people in la liga, second in the table currently. Another biesla disciple, I love that style of football

Yeh I am a big fan too. He was brilliant as the head coach of Chile. The players just looked like they loved playing the game.

Yeh I am a big fan too. He was brilliant as the head coach of Chile. The players just looked like they loved playing the game.

I loved that chile squad as well, hell of a manager.

Makis I think like any philosophy you just need the right players to buy in and implement it. It could be done, potch does a similar thing as he's a biesla disciple as well.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I think koeman is going through the motions at the moment until he can buy in who he wants not what he has inherited

Going through the motions of playing 1 dimensional football with a team previously set up to be a "footballing" team?

Cant get the players riled up to fight for a win and can't beat a team conventionally.

Doesn't cut it for me. Hopeful football with no purpose or conviction.

Fraud.

He was lazy when bringing Barry on and DCL.

You pay a manager all that money to work on tactics and ideas and to realise your strengths and weaknesses and then you just swap in what you know doesn't work and will be seen to its worst effect against a team like Liverpool.

The starting 11 was right, Barkley positioning was a bit odd but when a key player goes down you need to change things.

I'm still backing him but he kinda hamstrung himself insisting on a DOF. First window Roberto got Barry McCarthy Robles Lukaku. He got the players he needed to play his style. He made it happen. Ron got bolasie stek gana only 2 of those starters compared to robertos 3 starters. And bolasie is now injured.

Tough to implement your plans without players who fit it, but in the end you need to win regardless in the modern game.

I'm still backing him but he kinda hamstrung himself insisting on a DOF. First window Roberto got Barry McCarthy Robles Lukaku. He got the players he needed to play his style. He made it happen. Ron got bolasie stek gana only 2 of those starters compared to robertos 3 starters. And bolasie is now injured.

Tough to implement your plans without players who fit it, but in the end you need to win regardless in the modern game.

pretty sure Morishi is the one who insisted on the DoF

I think part of why Koeman was selected was because he is prepared to work with a DoF.

@Bailey, when McCarthy went off which of these players would you have picked to replace him?

Robles, Holgate, Kenny, Calvert-Lewin, Barry, Cleverley, Mirallas?

I don't think any of those would have made a difference. Barkley was so shit that moving him back and putting Mirallas CAM would have been disastrous. And putting Cleverley in.. well, I bet you wouldn't have liked the outcome of that either.

I think part of why Koeman was selected was because he is prepared to work with a DoF.

@Bailey, when McCarthy went off which of these players would you have picked to replace him?

Robles, Holgate, Kenny, Calvert-Lewin, Barry, Cleverley, Mirallas?

I don't think any of those would have made a difference. Barkley was so shit that moving him back and putting Mirallas CAM would have been disastrous. And putting Cleverley in.. well, I bet you wouldn't have liked the outcome of that either.

Firstly I would have had Davies on the bench. He is the next in line in the middle of the park so he would have been an option, not one I would have liked to go with in a derby but still an option. If he is willing to throw DCL to the wolves then he surely has no problem doing the same with Davies.

Without him I would have gone for Barry and sat him deep with Gana and Barkley ahead of him keeping Valencia closer to Rom like we did at Arsenal. It theoretically would help the full backs get forward too and our best chance of scoring was from a cross or set piece.

Barry couldn't have been any deeper than he was, he made us look like we were playing five at the back most of the second half, Koeman made a massive error sticking Barry on in a game being played at that pace, if we all know that he has no pace and slow to close down, surly to fuck as a manager on 6M a year you would expect him to, there was

no thought that went into that replacement, looking at what we had on the bench I would have put Hogate on, he's got bags of pace can close down and time a tackle, if after 5 minutes it wasn't working you could have switched him with Mori or Colman, none of them could have done any worse than Barry, then he takes Valencia off and sticks on a young lad to play in his position, great decision stick a young lad on in one of the biggest games of the season and play him in a position he doesn't play in talk about lamb's to the slaughter, he should have kept Valencia on who still had something to offer the game and put Mirallas on in place of Lennon who was struggling to take part in the game the longer it went on.

Not impressed with his tactics when it came to making changes.

Barry couldn't have been any deeper than he was, he made us look like we were playing five at the back most of the second half, Koeman made a massive error sticking Barry on in a game being played at that pace, if we all know that he has no pace and slow to close down, surly to fuck as a manager on 6M a year you would expect him to, there was

no thought that went into that replacement, looking at what we had on the bench I would have put Hogate on, he's got bags of pace can close down and time a tackle, if after 5 minutes it wasn't working you could have switched him with Mori or Colman, none of them could have done any worse than Barry, then he takes Valencia off and sticks on a young lad to play in his position, great decision stick a young lad on in one of the biggest games of the season and play him in a position he doesn't play in talk about lamb's to the slaughter, he should have kept Valencia on who still had something to offer the game and put Mirallas on in place of Lennon who was struggling to take part in the game the longer it went on.

Not impressed with his tactics when it came to making changes.

I do think Valencia was out of gas, but it would have made more sense to bring on Mirallas. Easy for us to say all these things in hindsight, of course, but I do agree with you that a highly-paid and highly-touted manager should have done better. Of particular concern to me was a bench that was rather inconsistent with game tactics. Why was Kenny on the bench, and not Davies, for example?

Yes next to Gana for the reasons I stated.

1) Barry was never going to cope with the pace in that game.

2) Holgate has bags of pace can shut down and tackle,and if after a few minutes it wasn't working you could have switched him with Mori or Colman.

Sometimes you shouldn't just go with the obvious choice when the obvious choice isn't going to work, so you need to look at what you've got on the bench and try and adapt it to what you need on the pitch, and I think he put no thought into how to replace McCarthy, cause we all could have told him Barry would struggle and boy did he struggle.