IGNORED

Liverpool (Away) Sunday December 2nd

markjazzbassist

At this moment I would take a draw for sure.  I’m not sure we have the firepower to have a go.  Same lineup as last week with lookman in for Bernard.

Pickford

Coleman keane Mina digne

Gomes gana

walcott           Gylfi      Lookman

Richarlison

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

At this moment I would take a draw for sure.  I’m not sure we have the firepower to have a go.  Same lineup as last week with lookman in for Bernard.

Pickford

Coleman keane Mina digne

Gomes gana

walcott           Gylfi      Lookman

Richarlison

Really hope that's the starting line up I'll be concerned if Bernard starts.

This will be a closer game than most imagine. I can see Liverpool ekeing out a win due to a controversial refereeing decision :( but we have a real chance to grab at least a point. Looking forward to it myself and not scared in the least (which is very different from my mood last season). 

I agree that Lookman absolutely needs to start, but at the expense of Walcott and not Bernard. Lookman and Bernard would torment Liverpool’s rather stodgy defence. 

I hope to see the same team start that did against Cardiff. We are building momentum and although some struggled last time out it's imperitive that we build consistency.

Bernard might have struggled, but we've been getting the results with him in the team and if he has a good game this weekend that could kick start him into gear.

Walcott has a game changing moment in him, and is working hard.

Lookman will be keen to come on to change things if push comes to shove - a decent weapon to have off the bench.

Although a win is unlikely, would I hell as like take a draw, and neither do I think would Marco.

Excited, terrified and optimistic all at the same time.

They play with width with the full backs getting forward Coleman needs to be on his game if Walcott plays he will track back, not concerned with Digne he’s class but if Bernard plays he needs to do his share of the dirty work, I can see us getting at them through the middle with Gomes Gylfi and Richarlison. 

It’s looking like it could be one of the better derby games we’ve seen for a while, were definitely in with a shout. 

Good write up. It’s frustrating to think of the dropped points early in the season. We could have been right in the mix. We seem to have got our defence sorted now and we don’t seem a team to crumble like we have done in previous derbies. I would kill for a win I really would. Imagine that with two games at home to come? Liverpool are not unbeatable. We need a strong ref for a change and a bit of luck 

7 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Good write up. It’s frustrating to think of the dropped points early in the season. We could have been right in the mix. We seem to have got our defence sorted now and we don’t seem a team to crumble like we have done in previous derbies. I would kill for a win I really would. Imagine that with two games at home to come? Liverpool are not unbeatable. We need a strong ref for a change and a bit of luck 

Stuart Attwell. Looks a bit handy with yellow cards, strangely not at Anfield or the Etihad though...…..

21 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

We held Chelsea and I think we've also held them the past couple of fixtures?

We drew 1-1 and 0-0 last season I think with losing 2-1 in the cup. Bar maybe 30 minutes in the cup we didnt actually try and win any of those games though! In fact our only object in each of those games was not to concede!

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Personally I dont think 5 at the back makes many teams better defensively. I would always rather pack central midfield than pack the centre of defense.

Perhaps, but if it gets Coleman out of our penalty area dangling a leg out then it will.

Still concerned about him.

sadly i will miss the derby.  i will be attending a christmas brunch at the german cultural center with my extended family (side note, we are not german).  it's a tradition we do every year.  the kids meet santa, and we all eat a massive spread of food and drink a bunch of beers.  breakfast always seems better when alcohol is involved :beer:

I personally don't mind 3 central defenders and 2 wing backs the key is you need the the man in the middle to run the back 3 and have good pace, then the 2 wing backs need to have good engine's on them.

But if you get the balance right it can be more attack minded then to defensive it becomes defensive when the wing backs don't push forward enough.

I really do think we have a chance even though Salah and Mane seem to be finding form again. I think for the first time in a long time we’ll have the advantage both defensively and in midfield; it’ll depend on whether we can frustrate their front three and whether or not, as others have said, we have a good officiating team.

Salah and Mane are both calm heads, and I fear that if the match gets testy, it’ll benefit them far more than us. Where normally I’m all for scrappy matches against Liverpool, for once, I’d hate any of our players to get heated.