IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Savage just nailed it.... "can lukaku get across the defender???!!!"

Spot on. He runs in a line, doesn't think that he needs to get in front of the defender.

Yes, he just waited by the far post when the defender in front of him cut out the cross. If he had made a run for the near post it was a good chance. After this, his value will be about 10m.

This may take a while, while he crawls out from deep within his rectum.

Think there's a large number of the fanbase who may give him a very tough time next time he walks out onto the pitch. (understandably).

He's been a complete bellend and managed to work himself a new contract for himself. No wonder he wants to stay. Has it easy, gets double the wages.

Better fucking earn it this year.

This may take a while, while he crawls out from deep within his rectum.

Think there's a large number of the fanbase who may give him a very tough time next time he walks out onto the pitch. (understandably).

He's been a complete bellend and managed to work himself a new contract for himself. No wonder he wants to stay. Has it easy, gets double the wages.

Better fucking earn it this year.

Insane isn't it. It's like your child gets expelled from school and you take them for a McDonald's.

Wonder what would happen if we said to our employers: 'The reason I'm not working hard is that I want you to double my pay and if you don't I will leave'. I have a feeling you would be on the pavement outside the place of work, with a black bin bag in your hand containing your possessions, in about 5 minutes flat. Professional football is a 'fantasy land' occupation.

Despite his big mouth, obvious daydreams of playing at a "bigger" club, and occasional absentee effort, he still is our best goalscorer of the past decade by a wide margin. He may not always do the dirty work and act as a complete striker, but he is regularly able to find the net. Believe me, I would love nothing more than for him to stop speaking to journalists every 5 seconds, but I would gladly have him back next year.

*edit*-- Also, if his obvious frustration/desire for bigger things can be morphed into him demanding more from himself and other teammates (not accepting mediocrity), he could be the most powerful player in the dressing room. We'll see. Whether he stays or goes, Lukaku has a lot to demand from himself if he wants to be the world class player that he wants to be.

Edited by Quinn31

I honestly do not get this "he's our best goalscorer of the past 20 years" or whatever it is....

For one it's marginal over Yakubu. I preferred yak, pre injury he was brilliant. 2 we've been lumbered with bargain basement players for year after fookin year. We paid a big fee for this lad, a big fee. His transfer fee could have paid for 10 strikers that we had before him who he seems to be forever getting compared to.

Before all this big mouth bollocks I wasn't sure about him because of footballing reasons. Stick the gob on top and say right now - get rid. He's a bad apple. It's all about him.

I honestly do not get this "he's our best goalscorer of the past 20 years" or whatever it is....

For one it's marginal over Yakubu. I preferred yak, pre injury he was brilliant. 2 we've been lumbered with bargain basement players for year after fookin year. We paid a big fee for this lad, a big fee. His transfer fee could have paid for 10 strikers that we had before him who he seems to be forever getting compared to.

Before all this big mouth bollocks I wasn't sure about him because of footballing reasons. Stick the gob on top and say right now - get rid. He's a bad apple. It's all about him.

I can't understand why you don't get it, it's a fact so not much to understand really

As for Yak he had one good season and was absolute dogs shite way before he got injured. The Yak made Lukaku look like a workaholic

I can't understand why you don't get it, it's a fact so not much to understand really

As for Yak he had one good season and was absolute dogs shite way before he got injured. The Yak made Lukaku look like a workaholic

Don't get what Duncan? What is it that I haven't got since day one???

Despite sone exaggeration to get my point across I have had him nailed absolutely spot on... now if you are happy to have a 6ft 4 Tony Cottee with a poor touch and no interest in 'the team' then fair enough.

Time after time I have clearly explained the importance of having a forward who can retain the ball. It's been proven in these championships. As much as he scores goals for the team he makes us fragile and exposes us to counter attacks. That's great for his stats and shit for the team.

Unless you are able to see that then I'm wasting my breath. Yak? Yeah he was lazy but he didn't have balls bouncing off his shins, the ball stuck with him, he could actually look after it. Lukaku is lazy and can't look after it.

To be honest why the fuck am I still arguing this case. Look at the semi final, look at his euro champs.... he's so over rated it's untrue.

Into the bargain he's disrespected this club and may get a pay rise???

Edited by Hafnia

who are the many? i haven't been following the club for 30 years so it sure ain't me.

Exactly... because he has the second best league goals tally to Gary Lineker, just stats of course. Most never got to see Beardsley....complete footballer. Edited by Hafnia

Exactly... because he has the second best league goals tally to Gary Lineker, just stats of course. Most never got to see Beardsley....complete footballer.

Please don't ever mention Beardsley and Lukaku in the same sentence again.

You must he choking right now.

One of the best players I had the privilege of seeing om an Everton shirt.

Back on the point though.

He isn't the highest scorer of recent years, yak is with 19.

I have also saw much better footballers than Lukaku.

But I still need to see him under our new regime and see if he can change.

He is only 23...... Not an excuse.... A reason.

Please don't ever mention Beardsley and Lukaku in the same sentence again.

You must he choking right now.

One of the best players I had the privilege of seeing om an Everton shirt.

Back on the point though.

He isn't the highest scorer of recent years, yak is with 19.

I have also saw much better footballers than Lukaku.

But I still need to see him under our new regime and see if he can change.

He is only 23...... Not an excuse.... A reason.

Back to Beardsley..... what a fookin player. I think he goes under the radar because he played for the shite before us. I remember him missing a penalty against us for Newcastle in 85.... I think we won 1-0.

He was class. I think he invented the number 10 / false 9 role.

We sold him for £1.5m thinking yeah good offer from Newcastle. He did another 2 or 3 seasons of class there... he made Andy Cole the best he had ever been.

Edited by Hafnia

Back to Beardsley..... what a fookin player. I think he goes under the radar because he played for the shite before us. I remember him missing a penalty against us for Newcastle in 85.... I think we won 1-0.

He was class. I think he invented the number 10 / false 9 role.

We sold him for £1.5m thinking yeah good offer from Newcastle. He did another 2 or 3 seasons of class there... he made Andy Cole the best he had ever been.

So he was an Evertonian even six years before he signed for us :P.

https://youtu.be/KRYZzjiIYyE

Here's the game.... Billy Whitehurst up front for them. Thug. Finished Bracewell.

Worked on an industrial construction site with Billy a couple of years ago. He was a storeman, sat in an ISO container handing out PPE.

Still got an edge to him and you can tell he's suffered injuries over the years because of how he walks. He was treated with respect and caution, even by the much younger and bigger lads - he's probably only about 15 stone himself and must be early to mid 50s now.