IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I meant learning to shut up as well as learning to play. But I agree Bergkamp would be a great addition

I had a chuckle reading it... the reporters must have walked away thinking "bastard! He usually drops in an exclusive 'must leave'...."

Edited by Hafnia

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/16076/De-Rode-Duivels/article/detail/2969292/2016/11/09/Ronald-Koeman-Kluivert-is-bij-Barcelona-beland-Waarom-Lukaku-niet.dhtml

Sorry about the Dutch but interesting Koeman calls him the best finisher he has seen in his carreer, including as a player.

Also: (only slightly edited from google translate to give it an authentic Koeman-Dutch/English vibe)

Lukaku actually wanted last summer to move one step higher than Everton.?How did you continue to convince him?
RK: "I told him just honestly how I see Everton and his role. He started to train later because of the European Championships, but I gave him confidence and he has himself recognized that it was good for his development to play another year at Everton. There is a very good contact and appreciation between us. Whatever comes after this season, no one knows. "
Everton may not be the end?
RK: "Yes. Not normally. If Romelu until the end of his career was to play at Everton, I know what he has left something on the table. His potential is greater and higher than Everton."

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/16076/De-Rode-Duivels/article/detail/2969292/2016/11/09/Ronald-Koeman-Kluivert-is-bij-Barcelona-beland-Waarom-Lukaku-niet.dhtml

Sorry about the Dutch but interesting Koeman calls him the best finisher he has seen in his carreer, including as a player.

Also: (only slightly edited from google translate to give it an authentic Koeman-Dutch/English vibe)

Lukaku actually wanted last summer to move one step higher than Everton.?How did you continue to convince him?
RK: "I told him just honestly how I see Everton and his role. He started to train later because of the European Championships, but I gave him confidence and he has himself recognized that it was good for his development to play another year at Everton. There is a very good contact and appreciation between us. Whatever comes after this season, no one knows. "
RK: "Yes. Not normally. If Romelu until the end of his career was to play at Everton, I know what he has left something on the table. His potential is greater and higher than Everton."

maybe Koeman forgot Romario or Van Basten when he made that statement....

I mean yes - Lukaku is a good finisher - its his game..... but seriously - those 2 above were on another planet. Did he actually say that?

Edited by Hafnia

Not impressed with that Ron, your job (or your aspiration at least) should be to take Moshiri's money and make us the best team on the planet, not to suggest some players are too good for us. Be saying, "We're in a gun fight armed with a knife" next :dry:.

Not impressed with that Ron, your job (or your aspiration at least) should be to take Moshiri's money and make us the best team on the planet, not to suggest some players are too good for us. Be saying, "We're in a gun fight armed with a knife" next :dry:.

Its something that has bothered me too....

something about Koeman tells me that he's here to do a job for a couple of years till he too can join the likes of Barca, Bayern etc....... I just don't see him fully invested in us as a club. Fine - get us to top 4 or win us a cup and move on if you earn it but show a bit of loyalty to the brand.

maybe Koeman forgot Romario or Van Basten when he made that statement....

I mean yes - Lukaku is a good finisher - its his game..... but seriously - those 2 above were on another planet. Did he actually say that?

The newspaper is not known for inventing quotes .. also he was interviewed in his mother tongue.. so I would assume he did say it. Incidentally it was in a question that was actually about the problems with Rom's first touch :).

Realistically we all know that both Koeman and Lukaku are aspiring to reach bigger and better things than Everton

The only way that will ever change is for Everton to become regular top four team and actually win things.

Happened with players like Arteta and will always happen with ambitious people.Didn't he take a pay cut to join Arsenal.

Lukaku probably believes he's already done enough for a 'top' job, and I'd say in an average Everton team he probably has.Koeman on the other hand will have to do pretty well with Everton to move much 'higher'.Based on his tactics at Chelsea, he will be around for a while yet.

I'd like to see both here for the next 5 years........but it's not going to happen.I think Koeman will have to make Everton into a very good team without Lukaku, shame because it would be easier 'with' him.

Realistically we all know that both Koeman and Lukaku are aspiring to reach bigger and better things than Everton

The good news is they need to prove themselves and do the business at Everton if they are to reach those aspirations

But there's no need for them to say it; no excuse.

But there's no need for them to say it; no excuse.

It's not like he was led into it either. There were parts of that answer he didn't have to say. Realistically we all know that Lukaku is likely to move on, albeit, he isn't that good otherwise one of these bigger clubs would have bought him by now.

He could have even said something like "if we can't fulfil his ambitions then he deserve to move to a club that can".

Is he still living in a hotel?

Took him long enough to confirm his appointment- second holiday delaying it wasn't it?

Either way I'm irritated by his complete and utter disregard for the club... honesty my fookin arse. He can't escape his Barca connection and no matter what he will not commit himself to a club fully till he gets the hot seat there. Yes ronald... you were a great ball playing centre half for arguably the world's biggest club but you are a manager now.... start proving it by "improving our fortunes".