IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Yes or maybe he actually likes it here and likes koeman and the boys and wants to re up. For all this mercenaries talk and he's not an Evertonian he wants to leave and mouths off every week, there has been new contracts signed repeatedly since he joined on loan.

He's either hedged his bets and no one came in for him or we are getting a secured fee for him.

We need to spend a shed load of money to accommodate him in the team. I do not want him involved in play.... but we don't have enough quality to carry that passenger at the moment.

Do me a favour.... no one tell me that his touch is decent and much improved or that he makes great runs and is isolated... it will save endless pages of bollocks. I know enough about the game to know what he is good at and that's finishing. I can live with that. Let's not dress him up as anything more than a poacher because that's what he is.

Edited by Hafnia

Davy Klaassen from Ajax

Not nearly good enough for Everton imo. Dutch league is very poor these days, so no wonder he has the occasional good game there. Watch him when he plays for Holland against a decent international side, he couldn't break into the starting 11 of West Brom.

-

I actually do think Rom's first touch is much improved from when he first came to Everton :67: (but I agree he doesn't make great runs).

Personally i think Koeman has noticed his improved first touch and he's been making better runs of late hence why he's been given a new contract ;-)

For me this surely means that he's been assured of signings in January and quality ones at that. Otherwise i cant imagine he would have stayed.

Not nearly good enough for Everton imo. Dutch league is very poor these days, so no wonder he has the occasional good game there. Watch him when he plays for Holland against a decent international side, he couldn't break into the starting 11 of West Brom.

-

I actually do think Rom's first touch is much improved from when he first came to Everton :67: (but I agree he doesn't make great runs).

His first touch is still not good enough for championship - never mind premiership. It's improved from non league level to league one level.

Will probably stay because nobody will come in for him, they didn't when he was valued at £50m they certainly won't now the price is £80m.

But he won't mind he's got himself a £25 grand rise, so we are stuck with him.

Edited by Bill

Yes or maybe he actually likes it here and likes koeman and the boys and wants to re up. For all this mercenaries talk and he's not an Evertonian he wants to leave and mouths off every week, there has been new contracts signed repeatedly since he joined on loan.

Quoting myself here because all the boo boys need to hear it again. He likes it here, back him.

Quoting myself here because all the boo boys need to hear it again. He likes it here, back him.

Forgive me for thinking he doesn't like it here.... he hasn't shut his gob about moving from the moment he got here.

I expect far more from him than what we have seen. Let's hope we do. Goals are part of what is expected - i expect to see better quality from him in all round team play.

If we get £80m for him I would be ecstatic.

Means nothing unless we strengthen the squad.

We've had Lukaku the last theee seasons and are still shit.

correct, but I imagine Koeman wants him in his long term plans so this is the start. also it shows other big time players that we are trying to sign that he's not leaving, so they should come play with him (schneiderlin, depay, big shot GK, hot shot CB).

At last he scored haha

Don't us a favour... don't quote the "bet against Everton" gobshite, it's the only way I get to see his posts. I had the misfortune of seeing the nob take solace from earning £50 from us losing against liverpool... I've had the melt on ignore for a few weeks so it's been a good place for me.

Earning money on Liverpool beating Everton? Seen it all.

Edited by Hafnia

I'm ecstatic that more I think about this.

We just need that creative AM that we've been lacking for the last few years to come in now.

Agree with MJB on his picks of players that we need as well.

Is a creative number 10 gonna miraculously take away his need to control a football?

Quite often a number 10 needs to be carried - carrying a play maker and a striker who can't look after the ball? Nah... not ideal.