IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

to be honest, that's the type of performance I see most weeks

Not against Liverpool and certainly not in the last half hour against United.

As I say he never pulled up any trees but his overall game was "balanced"... he did engage with their defenders and duels.

Against Liverpool he literally did not bother at all.

Not against Liverpool and certainly not in the last half hour against United.

As I say he never pulled up any trees but his overall game was "balanced"... he did engage with their defenders and duels.

Against Liverpool he literally did not bother at all.

i said most, not all.

I shall never understand this thread. Here we are with our highest goal scorer in years, a player who's rapidly becoming on the most prolific goal scorers on the planet, and we're still focusing on his faults and whether or not we actually want him.

Whether we want him is irrelevant- he wants out of Everton.

Whether you like it or not - the ability to play football in the sense of retaining the ball as opposed to giving it away is pretty important.

Even goalkeepers are being charged with it nowadays.... not something I entirely subscribe to but there you go.

I shall never understand this thread. Here we are with our highest goal scorer in years, a player who's rapidly becoming on the most prolific goal scorers on the planet, and we're still focusing on his faults and whether or not we actually want him.

Unfortunately he's often made noise of how he doesn't actually want to be with us all too often. He's attitude is that he's bigger than club, and for all the goals he scores, the way he and his agent pipes up about moves away to other clubs just unsettles everyone.

My immediate reaction when I read this? The guy is a real leader.

My immediate reaction was to nearly choke on some coffee.... it must have been someone else wearing his shirt doing fuck all against Liverpool and Man United.

The real leaders tore him a new one for not doing his job.

Thats right Steve. This thread makes me sick!!

This is not about Messi or Ronaldo. This is about Romelu Lukaku!!

You hate him or you love him but he gave a lot of special football moments over the past 3 years in Goodison.

I love him (also when he's gone)

hes shit pad sell him and bring back Naismith he's twice the player Lukaku is ;)

Thus is one of those irritatingly shit posts... designed to get a reaction.... so there's my reaction.... it's an irritatingly shit straw man post.

1. It snidely suggests that naismith wasn't or isn't fit to rival lukaku. When the reality is this - naismith never ever laid down tools like lukaku did in the derby. All 5ft 10 and 11 st of him would have been at their defence for the full 90.

2. It suggests that if we lose lukaku we are somehow restricted to replacing him with a player we got for nothing.

Edited by Hafnia

I see these shit straw posts all over this thread. A lot of helmet polishing still going on in this forum.

I edited my response because the use of naismith is just shit. If lukaku had an ounce of naismiths attitude he would already be at the club he's been agitating for a move to for the past 4 years.

Pick Jo, beattie, or some clown like that but ffs naisy was a top lad.

People need to grow up.

Lukaku getting praise and still people baiting.

Behaving like children.

Have a word with yourselves boys for the sake of the thread, your making our fans look like chumps.

Back to Rom.

MC hit it... this is the company he is keeping at the moment.

Scoring goals.

Causing arguments.

Looking like he's a leader.

Having lazy games.

Scoring goals.

Upsetting people.

Scoring goals.

Improving all aspects of his game.

It's been a long time since we could celebrate an Everton player winning the golden boot. Let's give the lad a pat on the back and wish him well for next season.... with us or without us.

He is a big part of us finishing seventh this season. If that gets us europa and he leaves.... then we're still in Europa with a lot of money to spend.

If he stays, then we have a chance of winning Europa.