IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/wolfsburg/transfer-talk/news/wolfsburg-to-bid-gbp33m-for-lukaku_212143.html

Haf's getting the party invitations made right now :P.

Even if it's real I can't see anything coming of it tbh.

Well from experience at the Belgian national team: Lukaku + De Bruyne = overpowered. Those two partner together like strawberries and molten chocolate.

Wolsburg are reported to want Lukaku for £33m.

That is a profit, no matter how he has been this season so that should put the price we paid for him when discussing his performances out of the equation. This proves we have not spent too much on him.

I'm not saying we should sell him for that, just that now the price we paid should be forgotten, he's our player and we have not wasted any money.

He's no longer a -£28m flop, even if he is poor, he is a +£5m flop (which is good business which ever way you look at it). I doubt any other Everton players will have come out of this season with a higher valuation than the start of the season.

£33 million, wow ! hope we don't sell.

Don't worry Matt, no mention of the word BS in this post.

Just thought I'd put a thought or two out there.Never have I heard any member say they think Lukaku is brilliant/finished item!

As for there being a 'massive need for him to succeed', haven't see that either.I have seen and share their thoughts by members who want 'need' EVERTON to succeed, play more adventerous football, actually win some games.Lukaku comes under the term Everton.....along with the manager and every other player in the squad.

The potential of Lukaku, Barkley and stones is there for all to see, they need good management, coaching and support from players and crowd, not constant stick.

Lukaku has bad games in him, some people will enjoy them more than others.

I can see some of Haf's points and agree with a few the touch etc side of things but as long as the lad scores goals and justifies his cost which I'm sure he will then I'm made up

I think we will see the best of him next season if Martinez is smart and brings in a the right players

We are a creative midfielder and a good winger away from being a very good side in my eyes and if we do make such signings he will only thrive from it

I'll always pull my hair out when the ball bounces off him or he leaps like a pissed frog but if he hits the back of the net then so be it

Edited by EFC-Paul

Has a £33m offer been made? Or is it just paper talk?

Personally I'd take £33m. It would put him in the top 10-14 most expensive strikers ever.

That £33m would go to strengthing our team and we could get a striker that you pay for what he does not what he could become.

Do I think Rom can be a top striker? Maybe yeah. Not any time soon though.

Personally I'd take £33m. It would put him in the top 10-14 most expensive strikers ever.

That £33m would go to strengthing our team and we could get a striker that you pay for what he does not what he could become.

ok, say he wants champs league and wants out. we get 33m. who do you get to replace him for how much, and who else do you get with the money?

lets sell Barkley, Stones and Garbutt then, and get someone in who can do the job now rather than nurturing them into what they could become then :unsure:

2 seasons running, responsible for 40% of our goals each season, double figures. How much is that going to cost to replace?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Matt

lets sell Barkley, Stones and Garbutt then, and get someone in who can do the job now rather than nurturing them into what they could become then :unsure:

2 seasons running, responsible for 40% of our goals each season, double figures. How much is that going to cost to replace?

:rolleyes:

Tim Howard is responsible for 93% of our saves. Deffo can't let him go.

Kone will never win supporters over. It's the way of football today. He wasn't a big money signing, he came from a championship side and he struggled to play regular football and it feels like he's part of the furniture. If he went on a run of five goals in the next five games people wouldn't give him half of the admiration they would if lukaku did this.

Yeah if he was a big money signing from Sligo people would have more time for him

Steve, but late for an in depth reply but you critique him as you see fit. He is playing his bestfootball right now that I've seen him play.

There is no vendetta, I honestly have not rated him and still have concerns. That is it. I hope he does improve absolutely. I support Everton not my own needs to be right.

Kone offers us something totally different to Rom and my support of him is the antithesis... It really does highlight the ridiculous nature of fans who chose not to want him before even kicking a ball and mocking him, but lukaku??? Even when he has a shit game he has excuses laid out for him.

The same can be said for naismith, people slate him for the same things that Rom could be slated for but isn't. So one player costing £28m is given carte Blanche and 2 players costing a total of £6m are slated....

There is a massive need for people to see Rom succeed, me included as RM really did put all his eggs in one basket. But ffs be a little bit subjective people. If naismith or kone were offside as much as Rom the forum would melt down. Missing 2 sitters from 8 yards??? They would be asked to leave the club.

I'm not getting into all that mate, my late reply is because I've not been on here, the rest of it looks like making excuses for your opinion. If you didn't have a vendetta against him I don't see why you keep pedalling your negativity towards him whenever anyone gives him praise.

Kone has missed sitters from less than 8 yards, but I'm not judging him before he's kicked a ball. I'm judging him on recent games where he has looked lost when he has an opportunity to cause damage.

If Rom scores two more goals to get to the 20 mark for the season will he get the credit he deserves as our highest goal scorer in quite some time?

I have actually been impressed by lukaku in recent weeks.

He seems to be becoming team captain?

His effort is there, his ability seems to be improving and his attitude seems to be turning from complete pro..... Into a winner.

He has even had a few moments of attitude recently where he has stood up for himself instead of apologising.

He won't leave this summer unless we want to cash in. He will stay and try to prove himself and the team.

One of two players who can say they gave it all on Thursday....Ossie would be a third if he was on longer, seemed really pissed off with the way we threw it away

I'm not getting into all that mate, my late reply is because I've not been on here, the rest of it looks like making excuses for your opinion. If you didn't have a vendetta against him I don't see why you keep pedalling your negativity towards him whenever anyone gives him praise.

Kone has missed sitters from less than 8 yards, but I'm not judging him before he's kicked a ball. I'm judging him on recent games where he has looked lost when he has an opportunity to cause damage.

If Rom scores two more goals to get to the 20 mark for the season will he get the credit he deserves as our highest goal scorer in quite some time?

If he scores 20 premier league goals I will call him a class act.

I hate to poo poo this but if you want to compare this 20 goal mark then surely they need to be like for like??? So compare this to a season where a striker has had an extra 10 games.

Seasons where we had extra games when we qualified for Europe.

05-06 top scorer Beattie 11

07-08 top scorer Yakubu 21

08-09 top scorer Cahill, Fellaini 9

09-10 top scorer Saha 15

You can poo poo it all you want mate but his stats don't lie.

12-13 played 38, scored 17

13-14 played 33, scored 16

14-15 played 41, scored 18

That's 34 in 74 for Everton. Strike rate of 2.17 in an Everton shirt.

18 goals in 41 games this season is a great achievement in any side, let alone a side playing as shite as we have.

Yes, stats can be misleading, but there's only one stat that counts in football, goals. He scores them. You don't like him, and probably never will, but it's your opinion, and like a hole in our arses, we all have one.

http://toffeeweb.com/history/players/goalscorers.php

Here are stats on our top goal scorers season by season, and during my footballing life we've not had many strikers to believe in, I've got one now.

i'll try not to get involved in this anymore. To be honest there are too many threads that have descended into this argument, it needs to stay in this thread.

Edited by StevO