IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

You really need to stop taking every rumour and bit of speculation you read as fact Mark or your head will explode. Think you're desperately in need of a cynical streak, particularly if you're with Everton for the long haul (which I have no doubt you are).

Maybe I'm missing something mike but here in the states, if I signed a new agent and it hit the press it would be fact (unless it was Fox News, they have been proven to be less than 10% factual).

In England can you just make stuff up and print it without anyone caring? Is there no journalistic integrity or ethics? The people of that country are ok with this?

Maybe I'm missing something mike but here in the states, if I signed a new agent and it hit the press it would be fact (unless it was Fox News, they have been proven to be less than 10% factual).

In England can you just make stuff up and print it without anyone caring? Is there no journalistic integrity or ethics? The people of that country are ok with this?

Yes and no; no; and we're accustomed to it.

Wish list for Lukaku in summer :-

Get on the weights and lose weight. He's leaner now than he was at the start of the season, I actually think he put on a good 4-5kg after the world cup. But I think he needs to be stronger. Low rep and Heavy weight in the 3-5 rep range. Not enough to get muscle gain as he is pretty bulky, but I think he needs to develop his exposive power. Olympic lifts and sprints. He has the genetic capacity to put size on very easily but I actually think he could be stronger.

Weak foot 5 a side :- he can finish superbly with his left. His overall play has improved but needs to still be sharper, and that means developing his right peg, a bit of a weakness right now.

Ignore his agent and media:- he's nowhere near the player some think he can be. He shows moments of it, but he is too fond of talking about his ambitions and future moves etc etc. Get his head down, focus on his game and Everton.

Watch his bad games:- Look at what it is that lets him down. Reinstall the things he needs to work on. Watch the Man City game to finish with and see how he can play.

Pretty much spot on. I'm impressed that at such a young age he has managed to change his game drastically whilst still contributing to the point tally. Can't wait to see him next season when he's more accustomed to the "team play" aspect.

'Team play' !

If we can't improve on most of the crap served up this season, I can't honestly see Lukaku improving.

As with all talented youngsters, he will improve as he plays more......problem is, will Martinez stunt the progress of Barkley, Lukaku and Stones with rubbish tactics.

Barring a disaster Martinez will be in charge next season, what can HE do to make those three players live up to the hype.Massive summer and followng season for Everton fc, more crap like this season, and we will probably lose those three players and if the three promoted teams have anything about themselves, we could lose much more.

Not really arsed to be honest. He can tout Rom to Juve as much as he liked, they can't afford him.

We are on a strong enough position , at the moment, to say if you want him it will take a bid well in excess of the £28m we paid for him

It's then a win - win situation, if we get any takers then great snap their hand off and we reinvest , if not great we keep him

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Not really arsed to be honest. He can tout Rom to Juve as much as he liked, they can't afford him.

We are on a strong enough position , at the moment, to say if you want him it will take a bid well in excess of the £28m we paid for him

It's then a win - win situation, if we get any takers then great snap their hand off and we reinvest , if not great we keep him

Agreed. Hope he stays but If we get more than 28m I'm okay with that too.

To be honest as much of a cock the guy is publicly making himself look and sound he's just voicing what I'd expect of most agents behind the scenes

At the end of the day he'll want the maximum return on his "commodity" no different than any of the other slime balls and as said if he did go in the near future that type of agent would want top dollar for him

I don't see Lukaku being a mentally weak and easily turned player even if he did want to move on he knows he will have to keep to form to do so

Edited by EFC-Paul

I think a factor may be the new FIFA regulations coming into force in May. Agent's (from then known as intermediaries) will have their earning capped at 3%. Those rules are being challenged in court by agents who complain that it's a free market and they should be able to earn more.

He never got the service

He's only 31

Who else could we get

Very average, applauded off the pitch. Not sure what people want.

A hell of a lot more than what we got, he was woeful,

Im hoping its just a confidence thing and the black Brett Angel comes back stronger next year after a good pre-season, not holding my breath though

He was good at receiving the ball and holding it....that's about it though.

He doesn't have Rooms passing range...which is surprisingly good, and he doesn't look positive enough for me.

Those few cameos where he worked his socks off seem to have gone now too.

Kone was terrible. Like Dunc, wanted him to do well after his come back but he looks woeful.

He can't pass...the amount of miss placed passes during attacks were shocking.

He was built up as our missing piece to the jigsaw, the hold up player who can unlock defences.

He's shit it's that simple. The only thing he has going for him is he is better than me which I will give him.