IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

27 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Very moving, we're pissed off about a crap pen decision, bit of perspective.

Often when there’s a tragedy and people come out with statements about the deceased you can’t help but think they’re just saying what they think they should say. But when you watch that, and see many of them in tears, you know that all the things said about him were true and that he was a genuinely good man that was loved by those that got to spend time with him, and will be missed badly. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Often when there’s a tragedy and people come out with statements about the deceased you can’t help but think they’re just saying what they think they should say. But when you watch that, and see many of them in tears, you know that all the things said about him were true and that he was a genuinely good man that was loved by those that got to spend time with him, and will be missed badly. 

Quite right, the "thoughts are with xyz at this difficult time" platitudes are not being rolled out on this occasion.

Sadly just been on Twitter and it appears a BBC journo Dan Roan was recorded making crass insensitive and unfounded comments about the club employee on the flight. Horrible absolutely horrible. 

He will likely lose his job for this as no one in the game will want to know him.  I don't get some people.  

5 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Sadly just been on Twitter and it appears a BBC journo Dan Roan was recorded making crass insensitive and unfounded comments about the club employee on the flight. Horrible absolutely horrible. 

He will likely lose his job for this as no one in the game will want to know him.  I don't get some people.  

I don’t like people, and things like that are why. 

How do you underestimate cost by 50%. Glad Everton haven't done a rush job like Spurs, annoying having to wait bit better than the club plundering millions over budget. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-new-stadium-wembley-pitch-opening-when-ready-spending-debt-vs-manchester-city-a8608226.html

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

How do you underestimate cost by 50%. Glad Everton haven't done a rush job like Spurs, annoying having to wait bit better than the club plundering millions over budget. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-new-stadium-wembley-pitch-opening-when-ready-spending-debt-vs-manchester-city-a8608226.html

agreed.  you'd think with all the money cheap Levy has gotten from fleecing clubs on transfers and skimping on his own players wages they'd be cash rich, apparently he and staff didn't do a great job with the stadium planning.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/baseball/46020289

Always makes me laugh when they call this the "World Series" and call the winners "World Champions" when all the teams are in the USA unless you nip eighty miles over the border to Toronto. I know it's a small World but it's not that small.

Is this not taken seriously in America (serious question)? Strangely in that the US are the current World Champions, albeit for the first time.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/baseball/46020289

Always makes me laugh when they call this the "World Series" and call the winners "World Champions" when all the teams are in the USA unless you nip eighty miles over the border to Toronto. I know it's a small World but it's not that small.

Is this not taken seriously in America (serious question)? Strangely in that the US are the current World Champions, albeit for the first time.

mike this kind of hyperbole is standard in the US.  the dallas cowboys (NFL) called themselves "America's team" which was never voted on, just they decided it.  America is full of this stuff, NFL calls them world champions (they don't play the winner of the CFL so how can they?) and all sports do.  it's dumb, it's america.

Doesn’t the Baseball in America have the World Series as well ?

I think it’s just how Americans are when it comes to sport they have to over exaggerate the size of the win to make it feel bigger than it really is because everything in America is bigger and better, what I’m quite surprised at is why they stopped at World I would have thought the Universe would be more apt. 

But hey let’s be fair this nothing wrong with thinking bigger and better. 

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Oh yeah well it was 5am when I posted that and I’m jet lagged again, for some reason I thought you were all discussing American Football different sport I know but my reasoning remains the same. 

What time is it ? Shit what day is it?