IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

On 30/10/2018 at 11:45, markjazzbassist said:

good point so have the cowboys, they can't win a playoff game, are intolerable, and are all about making money.Β  apt.

They exaggerate a bit - They are Texas' team, which, thankfully, is not a representation of the rest of our nationΒ 

I'm still not attached to a team in the NFL yet....

First US state I went to was Baltimore..... landed there .. that was it. Β Stayed in LA and San Diego and Vega (they don't have a team).

I'm drawn to Kansas City.... dunno why. But their Quarter Back is potfntially gonna be the Β greatest of all time. Patrick Mahomes. Kid has got serious talent. Β 

9 hours ago, hafnia said:

First US state I went to was Baltimore..... landed there .. that was it. Β Stayed in LA and San Diego and Vega (they don't have a team).

I'm drawn to Kansas City.... dunno why. But their Quarter Back is potfntially gonna be the Β greatest of all time. Patrick Mahomes. Kid has got serious talent. Β 

When I played American football 🏈 for Swindon Steelers 91-93 that’s who I followed, I wouldn’t have a clue who’s who nowadays haven’t had an interest for over 20 years now.Β 

16 hours ago, hafnia said:

Bit early for that! But yes, he has some serious talent. He really came out of nowhere.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Dan Roan still has a job?

That aside, although I may be being politically incorrect, she's cute!

Isn’t that the only reason to have more women in the workplace?Β 

Seriously though, nice to see a woman get the role of a male dominated sport. Provided she’s putΒ there for her skill set and not the bullshit forced-equality that I’ve rambled on before.Β 

3 minutes ago, aaron said:

Yeah we agreedΒ to give him a payout, the only clubs that didn't was Huddersfield, Wolves, Leicester, Burnley and Crystal Palace. Shithouses the other 15 clubs in the prem.

thanks aaron, well that sucks.Β  i'd rather be with those that didn't pay.Β  it's not like we get any favorable calls anyways, just got an academy ban, FUCK EM i would not have paid

They excuse it by saying...

"The Premier League's UK television rights were valued at about Β£670m when Scudamore joined the organisation in 1999, while the most recent deal was worth Β£5.14bn."

True enough but that was down to market forces, he was effectively the auctioneer, any number of people could've done it; I'd have taken it on at a tenth of his salary. I could've struggled through on Β£250,000 pa.

Also..

"He will remain with the Premier League in an advisory capacity."

How much is he getting paid for that?

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

They excuse it by saying...

"The Premier League's UK television rights were valued at about Β£670m when Scudamore joined the organisation in 1999, while the most recent deal was worth Β£5.14bn."

True enough but that was down to market forces, he was effectively the auctioneer, any number of people could've done it; I'd have taken it on at a tenth of his salary. I could've struggled through on Β£250,000 pa.

Also..

"He will remain with the Premier League in an advisory capacity."

How much is he getting paid for that?

I am really disappointed in both Everton and Liverpool paying this money, well any club in truth. I get that he has made these chairmen a lot of money but that was his job and I can imagine he was paid very handsomely for it and I also imagine it had more than a few perks.

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

I am really disappointed in both Everton and Liverpool paying this money, well any club in truth. I get that he has made these chairmen a lot of money but that was his job and I can imagine he was paid very handsomely for it and I also imagine it had more than a few perks.

Β£2.5m a year.