IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

I was really impressed with him and thought he actually tried to defend at times.

He made a few tackles back and put pressure on them when they had the ball.

He needs to learn to get back into position when defending now though.

I also thought he reminded me of Pienaar at times.

Pienaar? Absolutely nothing like him.

I love that he's direct. I'm sick to death of watching us piss about with the ball.

Was going to post the same thing then found this already. After Gerry's departure and his replacement by McGeady against Fulham, we were a different team. While Gerry was entertaining he didn't really achieve a whole lot and the TV commentators were in raptures over him......new Ronaldo etc.

McGeady on the other hand produced a little gem of a cameo performance that really was useful......ran with intent, passed accurately, tracked back, tackled.

I loved it!

Hope he can get more game time to show what he's got. I feel that he could be a better player much more regularly than Gerry who runs hot and cold from game to game....quite inconsistent.

What's the general feeling...?

Every game he makes a bigger impression on me.

The feeling I get from him though, is that he needs a constant driving force behind him. Someone to constantly push him without pissing him off (he's got that sort of personality). I think Roberto is that man!

agreed i'd like to see him play a full 90 instead of osman on the left. i think he and baines would link up well. or on the right with fellow irishman coleman. either way while pienaar is out i think he deserves a start.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the go with McGeady?

We paid good money for him from Moscow when he was injured so it took him a little while to get up to fitness. That was months ago yet he still only gets to play the last 10/15mins. Is he not yet fully fit, or is there something between him and Bobby. Some have said his attitude isn't the best, but I would have thought that Bobby would have sussed this situation out before McGeady was signed.

I like McGeady's directness and his decision-making but the 10min cameos he's making don't do him justice in my opinion.

We paid good money for him from Moscow when he was injured so it took him a little while to get up to fitness. That was months ago yet he still only gets to play the last 10/15mins. Is he not yet fully fit, or is there something between him and Bobby. Some have said his attitude isn't the best, but I would have thought that Bobby would have sussed this situation out before McGeady was signed.

I like McGeady's directness and his decision-making but the 10min cameos he's making don't do him justice in my opinion.

Agreed. With Pienaar out he should start every game. I still don't get why osman starts matches, he is a liability. I'd rather have Leon be an impact sub, he's useless on the left.

We paid a pittance for him (relatively speaking).

Like Haf, I don't see a fallout, just a manager giving his player time to settle into a new environment and a new league. Remember, Martinez tried to sign him twice at Wigan before he got him here, so he's someone that Martinez rates very highly.

Got to say, i'm shocked at how quickly he covers the ground - with a little bit more fitness work (weight loss) he is going to be a very very good player for us.

It takes players a good while to adapt to the prem even when fit, McGeady will be an awesome signing.

Got to say, i'm shocked at how quickly he covers the ground - with a little bit more fitness work (weight loss) he is going to be a very very good player for us.

He's obviously not fit, was fat as fuck when we signed him, looked sharper each time he's came on.

Why are you guys so obsessed with his weight? Is this a British thing? He wasn't "fat as fuck" or any "fatter" than Rooney, who can do just fine. The guy was still fit. It's not as if he looked like 99% of the people in the stands at any given match.

Why are you guys so obsessed with his weight? Is this a British thing? He wasn't "fat as fuck" or any "fatter" than Rooney, who can do just fine. The guy was still fit. It's not as if he looked like 99% of the people in the stands at any given match.

Blimey, since when has Wayne "sausage, chips & beans, come back from Dubai one stone heavier" Rooney become the standard bearer for premier league conditioning? Rooney's fitness levels are awful of recent, comparable to his "capabilities" - he has excellent VO2, musculature and power, but judging by his face and definition has appprox 16-18% body fat which is approx equates to 8-10 pound in uneccessary weight. He can't repeat a sprint within a short space of time.

Notice he has kept his "undershirt" on for quite some time now - trying to sweat off the pounds and avoid being seen after swapping shirts. For a premier league player he is a disgrace! £300k a week...

McGeady is a wide man, relies on fitness, acceleration. Power to weight ratio is key for acceleration. He is carrying excess weight and you don't see an issue with that? I'm not slating him for it, he was left to train with kids for months and never got game time, of course he will put timber on and it takes more than just a few games and some training to get rid. McGeady has an excuse at least, Rooney doesn't.

McGeady has shed some weight, gotten fit with time and proven that he is an energetic and tricky winger who can cause trouble with the ball, but I question his final ball/decision-making. Still, for 500k, a very good buy and definitely better than playing Naismith or Osman on the wing.

For me mcgeady is the best wide man at the club

And deserves a start Wednesday.

He's got a brain which Gerry hasn't got yet.

For me mcgeady is the best wide man at the club

And deserves a start Wednesday.

He's got a brain which Gerry hasn't got yet.

Rather Mirallas any day of the week. Sometimes I don't think Mirallas gets the credit he deserves. He is a top top player and Everton without him wouldn't be as strong. The problem with him is consistency but he's an unbelievable player on his day and easily in the top 3 most talented in the squad Edited by MiguelCotto

I rate McGeady, like other people have said next season we will have a real player on our hands. McGeady was happy to sign for Wigan so im sure he is happy with his current status with good competition.

Rather Mirallas any day of the week. Sometimes I don't think Mirallas gets the credit he deserves. He is a top top player and Everton without him wouldn't be as strong. The problem with him is consistency but he's an unbelievable player on his day and easily in the top 3 most talented in the squad

Mirallas is a good player no doubt but not a top player. Ive got mates who rave about him because they see snippets of him looking like a world class player but its the other side that lets him down. We criticise Ross for his poor decisions but Mirrallas is the worst culprit

Mirallas is a good player no doubt but not a top player. Ive got mates who rave about him because they see snippets of him looking like a world class player but its the other side that lets him down. We criticise Ross for his poor decisions but Mirrallas is the worst culprit

He's definately a top player.

Behind Barkley the player I'd least like us to sell. Doesn't get enough credit.

Top assist and chance creator in the squad.

This is a reverse of what usually happens in MLS. A guy like Tim Cahill or Thierry Henry comes to MLS in June-July, when MLS is right in the middle of the season whereas the Euros are right in the middle of their offseason. The Euros struggle out of the gate 90% of the time and everyone flips a shit about wasted money and guys just using MLS as a retirement home. Then they get a full offseason and pre-season to train, learn the team's tactics, fit into the group, etc. and they set the league on fire.

I imagine that McGeady will factor in more next season when he's on the same schedule as everyone else.

Mirallas for me "should" be the most dangerous player in the team, the problem is that he isn't - far too greedy. He gets himself in brilliant positions to pass the ball and give an assist, always looks to go for glory and that is great when the conversion rates are higher than what his are.

In fact we have a few who are like that, Barkley and Gerry are just as bad. Mirallas should be old enough to know the right choice.

Mirallas is a very important player. Greediness is a trait that sometimes should not be coached out of you.

Considering the negatives about him not passing in good positions as I've said early he's created the most chances and has the most assists. Therefore I'd say that's bollocks

Mirallas is a very important player. Greediness is a trait that sometimes should not be coached out of you.

Considering the negatives about him not passing in good positions as I've said early he's created the most chances and has the most assists. Therefore I'd say that's bollocks

Often the best assist is to the person who has the simple task of making the easy pass to the goal scorer.... Thats what he can do more of. Too greedy - does great work from half way to penalty area lots of times, but sees it as his right to "have a go at the perfect goal".

Often the best assist is to the person who has the simple task of making the easy pass to the goal scorer.... Thats what he can do more of. Too greedy - does great work from half way to penalty area lots of times, but sees it as his right to "have a go at the perfect goal".

I like that trait though. He's direct! No bullshit. Hungry for goals

• 4 months later...