IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

Over-weight or not he's passed his medical so he's clearly still fit enough to play as a footballer.

He looked like a centre half not a winger though, a lad with his pace aint gonna be anywhere near his right performance levels without an intensive training camp and diet. Quite a big lad for a wide man, excuse the pun.

is he that quick? never thought he was..more quick feet than actual pace

He runs faster with the ball than the others run without the ball in this video. Prime example around minute 1,25. He has serious pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DklGtHsCfKU

SERIOUS skills at 5.27

He will be a nightmare to defend against if he is fully fit. I do see that he is a more central player in this video so he certainly likes to cut in. Mirallas will have a hard time keeping his place when Aiden is fit.

Edited by Peter H

He looked like a centre half not a winger though, a lad with his pace aint gonna be anywhere near his right performance levels without an intensive training camp and diet. Quite a big lad for a wide man, excuse the pun.

Understand your point in terms of carry excess weight, but there are many examples of bigger built wingers :)

I still think he doesn't look 100% fit and he's certainly carrying some.

It'll be a couple of months at LEAST until he's where he should be.

im sure he will get fit by the end of the season, giving the regulars a bit of a breather whilst gaining his fitness during 20-30m cameos before leaving him ready and raring for the remaining 4 yrs of his contract after the summer!

Edited by Matt

He runs faster with the ball than the others run without the ball in this video. Prime example around minute 1,25. He has serious pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DklGtHsCfKU

SERIOUS skills at 5.27

He will be a nightmare to defend against if he is fully fit. I do see that he is a more central player in this video so he certainly likes to cut in. Mirallas will have a hard time keeping his place when Aiden is fit.

must admit never thought he had pace...be interesting to see how he does

Understand your point in terms of carry excess weight, but there are many examples of bigger built wingers :)

I still think he doesn't look 100% fit and he's certainly carrying some.

It'll be a couple of months at LEAST until he's where he should be.

I played with a lad who was pretty fat and he was a winger... but boy could he shift - lightning. To be fair i'm no slouch for a 17 stoner myself (sub 14 seconds over 100m)

But yeah McGeady look quite a big lad for someone who can move. I agree 2 months will be the minimum. He needs to set up home here, not live out of hotel etc. I look forward to seeing a trickster on the wing.

I don't understand all the disparaging remarks about his weight. It's not as if he had a gut hanging over his jeans. Just seems muscular and a bit stout. Looks just as fit as Rooney ever looks. He gets on just fine. You guys want our players to be built like 10-year-old girls? That's a little strange.

I don't understand all the disparaging remarks about his weight. It's not as if he had a gut hanging over his jeans. Just seems muscular and a bit stout. Looks just as fit as Rooney ever looks. He gets on just fine. You guys want our players to be built like 10-year-old girls? That's a little strange.

Rooney is a good comparison in terms of build I reckon. Some guys just have a certain shape of face as well that make them look 'fatter' than they really are. Me included! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it) haha

Mcgeady is going to be class... I've decided.

He's gonna be that significant player that we look at when playing the likes of the red shite who we just want on the ball attacking their full backs.

hope you're right. I've never been a fan but he's in Blue now, so he'll get my full support and here's hoping he proves me very, very wrong.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/454662/Everton-s-Roberto-Martinez-delighted-with-new-Toffees-star-Aiden-McGeady

Martinez has tried to sign him in every transfer window since 6 months after his move to Spartak, obviously rates him very highly :)

Haha, I loved this bit from that article:

Martinez said: "The first time I saw Aiden was in 2007 in an Old Firm game against Rangers. He was special. He was a match winner, playing with his socks down. I love a player who is as good in one-versus-one situations as Aiden.

Love the way he watches the game. That's the sorta thing I imagine Moyes would have disliked :D

Also, these Youtube clips look good and our Irish users like him too. I'm beginning to feel optimistic as well.

Edited by Steve_E