IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

I reckon the eirish lads have vouched for him. If he was a dick I'm sure they would have told Roberto. Say the fee is £2 mill? What can you get or that these days? We're gonna spend that on a kid from Dundee united. Mccgeady has plenty of experience and is a good player. He might not be great but that's for him to show us. On a side note Roberto must be a killer poker player, watched his press conference denying the medical. Can you imagine him sitting there smiling and dead cool while your playing?

Edited by Tricky Trev

I reckon the eirish lads have vouched for him. If he was a dick I'm sure they would have told Roberto. Say the fee is £2 mill? What can you get or that these days? We're gonna spend that on a kid from Dundee united. Mccgeady has plenty of experience and is a good player. He might not be great but that's for him to show us. On a side note Roberto must be a killer poker player, watched his press conference denying the medical. Can you imagine him sitting there smiling and dead cool while your playing?

Lol I would love to play you at poker!

I've just found this interview with Martin O'Neill from December.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/martin-oneill-aiden-mcgeady-can-2945003

“He’s fallen out with the coach, what a surprise,” he laughed. “What’s it about, how nobody brought his boots or something? This young fellow fell out with the reserve team coach with Celtic at 16 because he felt he should not be going to Aberdeen if he wasn’t going to start in the reserve game!

“I know Aiden. He’s a great lad with great ability. He’s a cantankerous git. He’ll be fine.”

But out of favour with bos Karpin in Russia, McGeady faces being banished to the Spartak reserves if no English teams come in for him.

“He’ll blow a gasket out there, he’ll go mad, he will,” laughed O’Neill again. “Just go mad! McGeady honestly, he’ll not stick that long.”

Everton and Hull City are leading the chase for the £5million-rated winger and O’Neill expects to see him playing in England in no time.

Asked if he is good enough for England’s top flight, O’Neill said: “Absolutely. The lad has great ability.

“He can play the wrong ball at times, be wasteful and be exasperating but he can go past people and not many are doing that.”

the only thing i dont get is RM said he would only be signing players with the right attitudes and stressed this. then he goes and signs someone who disrupted a club and had major ego fits by all accounts.

Thought about this also.

I hope he's not a total prick, but I'm excited to see him play for us

the only thing i dont get is RM said he would only be signing players with the right attitudes and stressed this. then he goes and signs someone who disrupted a club and had major ego fits by all accounts.

He hardly disrupted the whole club.

From what I've heard he fell out with the manager over there because he wanted to leave, which was put down to the major culture shock he had living over there. Which is very understandable IMO.

Still not sure about him, be made up for him to prove me wrong ala Barry though! And midfield is where we need quality in numbers so I guess an international winger with CL experience for next to nothing isn't bad business.

Martin O'Neill refers to him with affection as a "cantakerous git"...

"He's fallen out with the coach, what a surprise. What is it about, how nobody brought his boots or something?" said O'Neill. "This young fellow fell out with the reserve team coach with Celtic at 16 because he felt he should not be going to Aberdeen if he wasn't going to start in the reserve game.

"I know Aiden. He's a great lad, with great ability. He's a cantankerous git. He'll be fine," laughed O'Neill

Basically he comes across as a bit of a diva... looking at our squad now I would guess there are a few... Mirallas, Jelavic, Pienaar, Deulofeu, Lukaku.... but you have the likes of Barry, McCarthy, Jags, Howard, Distin, Baines, Osman as level headed sleeves rolled up and "get on with it" attitudes.

A player like McGeady would probably be a disaster in a squad full of egos - put him in with the right characters and I think he will quickly learn to shut up and get on with it, along with that the fans will not stand for any Royston Drenthe-like behaviour.

I'm quite happy with this I think he has the skill and RM wont let him play until he proves on the training ground he can look up and pick the right ball. His only downside is how wasteful he can be with the final ball and in a team that's passing as slick as us at the moment he's going to have to turn it up a notch!

Not going to set the world on fire but a solid signing IMO I look forward to seeing him prove himself.

Martin O'Neill refers to him with affection as a "cantakerous git"...

"He's fallen out with the coach, what a surprise. What is it about, how nobody brought his boots or something?" said O'Neill. "This young fellow fell out with the reserve team coach with Celtic at 16 because he felt he should not be going to Aberdeen if he wasn't going to start in the reserve game.

"I know Aiden. He's a great lad, with great ability. He's a cantankerous git. He'll be fine," laughed O'Neill

Basically he comes across as a bit of a diva... looking at our squad now I would guess there are a few... Mirallas, Jelavic, Pienaar, Deulofeu, Lukaku.... but you have the likes of Barry, McCarthy, Jags, Howard, Distin, Baines, Osman as level headed sleeves rolled up and "get on with it" attitudes.

A player like McGeady would probably be a disaster in a squad full of egos - put him in with the right characters and I think he will quickly learn to shut up and get on with it, along with that the fans will not stand for any Royston Drenthe-like behaviour.

Ossie in particular will prank him into submission by all accounts!

Was very doubtful about this, and not too happy when we were linked, but hes here now and I'll trust Martinez to sort him out.

Ossie in particular will prank him into submission by all accounts!

Was very doubtful about this, and not too happy when we were linked, but hes here now and I'll trust Martinez to sort him out.

Still not sure about him. I'm not really that impressed by his youtube "best of" compilations. He's not a bad dribbler by any means, but he seems to rely on his pace.

Hopefully he'll add a few more goals to his game to go along with the assists. Quite probable that he will I think, as under the current system he'll be cutting inside to shoot just as often (if not more often) than he'll be crossing it into the box.

Could turn out to be a great signing. Never been tested in a world class competitive league before, but worth the gamble for the fee involved