IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

I am sure McGeady is a better option than Naismith far more ability on the ball can take the fullback on no problem,as I say for a small fee it's a yes from me.

I seem to remember a lot of people here not wanting Gibson and Barry.jmo !

I don't doubt that he is better technically than Naismith (it would be hard not to be at this level) but I don't think he is a very good decision maker and whenever I have watched him he has been one of those players who works himself into a good position before pissing it up the wall. His record in Russia for goals/assists surprises me so I don't know if he has improved but when I have seen him for the ROI in that time he doesn't look like he has.

I'm with Steve_E, you either buy someone good enough to start or you get in a younger player who can improve to be a starter in time. You should never start buying back up players unless you need the bodies desperately and we aren't in that position.

Coming on a free in this window according to 4th Official. It'll be a similar deal to Heitinga to West Ham with us just taking over the wages for the remainder of his contract.

Not the worst deal in the world if its on a free but not really sure he is what we need. I would love to be proven wrong though.

bailey as I said we need someone now,I won't even try to name the young players we brought in that haven't made it,

The only one who has made it is Seamus!

I dont we do need someone right now and thats probably where we see this differently. If the deal is as reported then I dont have a problem with it but i wouldnt like to see us pay a fee.

I guess you can't complain too much if it's a free transfer. Obviously we need more than 11 players so I don't need any cynical comments explaining that, it's just that I want good players at this club and I don't think McGeady is one. While I thought he's been poor whenever I've seen him, the professional coaches and scouts at Everton will probably have seen him much more and have a more informed opinion of him than I have and I'll give him a fair shot if he does come of course.

I think he'd be a decent enough addition to the squad, he chips in with goals and will definitely get a few assists.

I think Heitinga out and McGeady in as a fairly straight forward swop would be decent business for us.

He could turn out to be a very good addition. I think he would be a better option than Naismith, and it would give us the option of moving Naismith on in the summer without weakening the squad to much.

He may not be a signing that will set the world on fire, but we have to cut our cloth according to our finances. His addition will freshen up the squad this month and sometimes that's all you need from a new signing or two.

Or maybe allow Naismith to give us an option in a more central role if he stays.

I know he is nowhere near the level we need up top but for when we need a forward to come on and act as the first line of defence he could be useful. And he does chip in with the ocasional goal.

McGeady could be a suprise, it all depends on his attitude for me. If he is a worker with the skill of a winger then i can see him making an impact.

A lot of people on here are saying surely better than Naismith....

• What is wrong with Naismith!? If you want a player who will give 110% every game and work his socks off then he is your man.
  • If you want a player who gets fustrated and who doesn't give his all the whole game then McGready is your man.

When we are leading against a team I want Naismith to come on, good tackler, runs after the ball and tracks back. What else do you want from a man!?

I dont think he was ever bought to be a striker who could score 15 goals. Moyes kept playing him on the wing and although he does get tackled a bit he is a work horse who gives his all and I admire that. :)

A lot of people on here are saying surely better than Naismith....

• What is wrong with Naismith!? If you want a player who will give 110% every game and work his socks off then he is your man.
  • If you want a player who gets fustrated and who doesn't give his all the whole game then McGready is your man.

When we are leading against a team I want Naismith to come on, good tackler, runs after the ball and tracks back. What else do you want from a man!?

I dont think he was ever bought to be a striker who could score 15 goals. Moyes kept playing him on the wing and although he does get tackled a bit he is a work horse who gives his all and I admire that. :)

Steven?

Isn't it about skill which Naismith hasn't got there was a couple of times Saturday when he got into good positions but couldn't control the ball to score a goal.

Sorry he just hasn't got it.plus we have moved on from Moyes style of play.

yet Martinez continues to play him. Wins headers (most of them actually), wins tackles, hassles people on the ball, gives his all. He does not deserve the stick he gets.

yet Martinez continues to play him. Wins headers (most of them actually), wins tackles, hassles people on the ball, gives his all. He does not deserve the stick he gets.

He's not a Premier League player IMO.

Yes, he gets a lot of stick, granted, but you cant play someone on the sole reason that they are a hard worker.

He lacks any decent tekkers, he cant cross a ball, he cant pass a ball, he cant control a ball, and he dosnt score enough. Where does that leave him in the side as a RM?