IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

i know the name, and that he used to be highly rated. does anyone know if he is really any good, and how you'll think he'll fit into the system - is he just an upgraded reserve, a beter version of naimsith?

He's definitely a different type than Naismith. He can actually take a man on for example. But whenever I've seen him he gave an impression of bit of a headless chicken to me. Still, he's definitely going to provide more panic in opposing defences than Naismith with his dribbles. And perhaps he surprises me and he makes the right decisions too.

Don't think Roberto or anyone within Everton mistaking is McGeady for some gamebreaker who will lead the way to the title. He was clearly on his way out and his contract expired at the end of the season. He's good depth acquired on the cheap. Hard to be upset with the move, really.

Edited by thoward18

I genuinely think He will be a great player for us I rated him quite highly in his Celtic days.

Admittedly not seen him play much in the Russian League but from the very little I have and a few clips He still looks to be a pacey player with great feet.

He will surprise a few I think and at what will likely be a very low cost it's a great move IMO.....chuffed