IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I think Koeman is being extremely clever on this. I think he knows Barkleys as good as gone and he is letting all the fans know that the club have offered him a good contract- they want him to stay but he wont sign it so what can we do sort of thing. His comments about he wants players who want to play for Everton also tell me Barkley is a gonner

I don't think Koeman would give a shit who he upset. If he did he wouldn't have said half the things he already has that has upset Everton fans.

Do you think the way Koeman is handling the situation will sway Barkley to stay or distance him even further away?

Do you think the way Koeman is handling the situation will sway Barkley to stay or distance him even further away?

From the sounds of it he's already made his mind up, so letting the fans know has no impact on the decision. Just make the club look better as they've done everything they can.

I don't think it'll really matter.

He's been offered a new deal here, that shows he's wanted. Koeman has said he wants him to stay, but that he needs to improve. And he does need to improve, we all know he does. If he doesn't like that then, to be honest, I want him nowhere near this football club.

I think Koeman is being extremely clever on this. I think he knows Barkleys as good as gone and he is letting all the fans know that the club have offered him a good contract- they want him to stay but he wont sign it so what can we do sort of thing. His comments about he wants players who want to play for Everton also tell me Barkley is a gonner

I agree. He's been softening the blow for fans by doing this. Also trying to show its ross who left us and not us who got rid.

Yes.

Ross is young and impressionable. If he feels he isn't wanted then it will sway his decision.

Ross is an Everton supporter and right or wrong wants to be wanted and loved. He wants to be the local lad come good. Koeman doesn't buy into any of this loyalty stuff... rightly or wrongly, and is making it quite clear that arias isn't as important as we want him to be, or as important as maybe Ross thinks he is.

Guest rusty747

To be honest, as much as I like the idea of Ross being a star player for Everton for many years to come, it just hasn't happened for him or us for the last couple of years. He has been average at best this season and a move is best for Everton and Ross in my opinion. I just hope it works out for him and he doesn't become another Rodwell.

Edited by rusty747

To be honest, as much as I like the idea of Ross being a star player for Everton for many years to come, it just hasn't happened for him or us for the last couple of years. He has been average at best this season and a move is best for Everton and Ross in my opinion. I just hope it works out for him and he doesn't become another Rodwell.

Isn't the point that this keeps happening to our supposed top prospects? We've produced one genuine top class player in the past 20 (30?) years and he left us at 18. That has to change if we want to claim we're up there with the big boys again.

I think it boils down to money. It's rumoured that we've offered £100k per week... hasn't Lovern just signed £140k per week deal? Zaha negotiating a £110k per week deal? He could get more else where no doubt. Ball seems firmly in Barkley's court - I think he/his agent are just trying to get the best deal but maybe their bluff has been called with Koeman's deadline.

He said today that he will make an announcement tomorrow, same difference to me Pad.

He was asked by a journo if Barkley had given an answer he replied no and he will speak to the board tomorrow and release a statement. He has just answered a question no statement has been announced.

I think it boils down to money. It's rumoured that we've offered £100k per week... hasn't Lovern just signed £140k per week deal? Zaha negotiating a £110k per week deal? He could get more else where no doubt. Ball seems firmly in Barkley's court - I think he/his agent are just trying to get the best deal but maybe their bluff has been called with Koeman's deadline.

Lovren is a bit older than Ross so would naturally be offered a little more dosh.

As for Zaha they are said to be offering a lot of money! But he's their star player, so they're desperate to keep hold of him.

Ross has been offered a new contract, but I'm not sure Koeman rates him that much, so it's more of a take it or leave it offer, with the board reluctant to up the wage.

I'll be surprised if a club offer him more than 100k a week, which is over double his current wage. If that's true I don't see his issue, unless there's a greedy agent behind it who's pissed off the board and they're putting their foot down (which they also probably did with the Lukaku contract scenario)

Liverpool pay more than us. They had a young Bruno cheyrou on about £60k a week. When our highest paid player was on about half that.