IGNORED

Ross Barkley

If anyone believes we've got a 50m price tag on his head you're too gullible.

He wouldn't be worth that with 5 years contract left, let alone a 1.

I think people need to stop getting themselves annoyed at the situation and wait until either RK or RB says something.

The much touted story is that he wants £100k a week. If he is asking for £100k a week and we aren't offering him that then as far as I'm concerned we are selling him... he's not wanting to leave.

If we can't or won't pay £100k a week to a 22 year old full England international who came through our ranks then we're still a million miles off being a top 6 Prem side, never mind top 4.

If we can't or won't pay £100k a week to a 22 year old full England international who came through our ranks then we're still a million miles off being a top 6 Prem side, never mind top 4.

Why? Are there not other midfielders with at LEAST his ability?

We know that feeling too well here tbf :(

We don't though Pete, we don't expect to sign the likes Aubameyang or Reus and we don't think we're a bigger club than Manchester United et al.

West Ham fans think they're bigger than us (or as big) and think they could easily take Lukaku and Barkley- deluded much!!

I guess their the only club below us who show some kind of financial intent to climb the table.

This statement is miles off... look how much every club is spending. Palace spending £30m on Benteke, Leicester spending close on £100m, Bournemouth buying £10m + players and offering Defoe 6 figure weekly pay packets, teams like Southampton and West Brom breaking their transfer record year on year - every club is spending mad money just to stand still!

This statement is miles off... look how much every club is spending. Palace spending £30m on Benteke, Leicester spending close on £100m, Bournemouth buying £10m + players and offering Defoe 6 figure weekly pay packets, teams like Southampton and West Brom breaking their transfer record year on year - every club is spending mad money just to stand still!

Benteke a straight swap financially for Bolasi, Leicester won the league. Defoe is on a free and I think it's a 1 year contract.

Benteke a straight swap financially for Bolasi, Leicester won the league. Defoe is on a free and I think it's a 1 year contract.

You could say West Ham selling Payet for £30m if you're applying that logic. Defoe is a 3 year deal I believe. Still - Bournemouth paying over £100k a week - it's ridiculous money. The fact is that every club is spending millions on transfer fees but more importantly wages. Arnautovic didn't come to us last season as he was able to get £80k or whatever a week at Stoke. There was a time when only one or 2 clubs could afford wages like that - now any Premier League club can offer that kind of contract.

from sky:

West Ham have emerged as major rivals to Tottenham for Everton and England midfielder Ross Barkley, the Daily Star reports.

He is expected to leave Goodison Park after failing to sign a new deal by the end of last season, with Slaven Bilic happy to meet his will meet wage demands of £140k a week, just over double of his current salary.

i don't believe that west ham are in for him one bit, and i sure as hell hope that's not what he expects in wages if we re-sign him. if so, he can leave, he's not a 140k a week player for me.

120 max. Ross, what are you thinking son?

Get your feet on the ground and slap yourself.

I'd assume he's thinking about taking care of his family and making all the money he can while he can. And, I'm sure he and his agent are asking for that much money, because they know he can get it out on the market. Whether or not that's a sensible price to pay for him is a different matter.

I'd assume he's thinking about taking care of his family and making all the money he can while he can. And, I'm sure he and his agent are asking for that much money, because they know he can get it out on the market. Whether or not that's a sensible price to pay for him is a different matter.

Let him go and get somewhere else then, he is not a £120k a week player let alone £140k, no way in hell should we be paying him that based on the last few years

If we're considering pay one Sigurdson 125k then we should be offering Barkley at least parity. That's the market.

If I have a simple choice of keeping Barkley or signing Sigurdson, then I would keep Barkley, who is the better player.

Anyone who thinks Everton are going to move forward while paying players under 100k.... are either naive, or just not very knowledgable in consideration to modern day football.

If we want to buy or keep the rope end players, then we need to pay them what other clubs would.

If a company offers you twice your wage for doing the same job, would you turn it down?

If we're considering pay one Sigurdson 125k then we should be offering Barkley at least parity. That's the market.

If I have a simple choice of keeping Barkley or signing Sigurdson, then I would keep Barkley, who is the better player.

Anyone who thinks Everton are going to move forward while paying players under 100k.... are either naive, or just not very knowledgable in consideration to modern day football.

If we want to buy or keep the rope end players, then we need to pay them what other clubs would.

If a company offers you twice your wage for doing the same job, would you turn it down?

no one is arguing that, but Walsh is supposed to be the Guru of finding these rare gems for cheap from other leagues. i'm not saying we need to be cheapskates with the payroll, but i'm hoping for a Kante/Mahrez/Vardy type signing where we can get a year or 2 of cheap before we go big on their wages. Best they earn it than just give it before even putting on the shirt.

As far as ross, 100k even in this market is the most i'd give to him. Agreed on the Gylfi amount as well though, I want him here but not for that much. 80/90k and Europa league on a team that shouldn't be battling relegation you would think would be enough, but i fear it won't. In that case let's see Walsh unearth some kid from France or something, I mean that's why we brought him here.