IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Readers letters in Telegraph Sport are published in Friday's edition. I have written this week about the England/Barkley situation, it will be interesting to see if its published.

Good luck John; I had a letter (on Paul Gascoigne) published in the Telegraph many moons ago and also one in the Independent (on tennis). Don't buy a paper any more but used to get loads (ex-crossword addict).

He should come out and state his intentions instead of hiding in the shadows about it all. If he wants to move on then so be it, a lot of fans will wave him goodbye but by staying silent it comes across as a bit shady for me. I'd be happy if he stays but wouldn't be upset if he left either.

He should come out and state his intentions instead of hiding in the shadows about it all. If he wants to move on then so be it, a lot of fans will wave him goodbye but by staying silent it comes across as a bit shady for me. I'd be happy if he stays but wouldn't be upset if he left either.

if he spoke to the press, he'd get slaughtered too

Edited by Matt

Good luck John; I had a letter (on Paul Gascoigne) published in the Telegraph many moons ago and also one in the Independent (on tennis). Don't buy a paper any more but used to get loads (ex-crossword addict).

For the first time I can remember, there were no readers letters in the Sports section today. Can't have been space because of all the adverts!

Spurs are thinking they will get him on a Bosman next summer.

They think they will be saving £50m on his transfer fee.

What they will end up with is a player with shattered confidence after he is castigated by the manager and the fans.

If Ross doesn't go this summer then not only will his Everton career be over but his entire professional career could be at risk.

He is already out of the England squad, he is being pushed out of Everton, he will end up at Bournemouth or Brighton if he is not careful.

If Barkley is ambitious enough to want to leave and wants to feel supported, it's not going to be to Spurs on a free next season. If that was the case, Spurs can't want him that badly and need new players for this season, also, what is spurs have a poor season next year? We could end up above them next year...

Everton hold the cards here as he's not really done enough to warrant a move to a 'big' club, can no longer be talked of in terms of potential and has raised questions of his performance. Only spurs have been me mentioned as having any interest.

As others have stated, if he moves this year, if not to spurs, its going to be to another middle table club with shit loads of cash to burn.

Wasn't Southampton just bought out by a Chinese consortium? Maybe he can go there.

I just want this saga to end soon. If he stays then great; hopefully he proves his worth. If not then I hope we get a pretty penny(multi-millions) for him.

People in Merseyside cant move to Southampton, they can only go the other way.