IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Pad, you go to the matches.

If you don't hear it then you need to take your ear plugs out. He gets kids of stick, people have even posted videos of it... you can't make that up by the way, recorded evidence is generally considered truth.

I have been and experienced it myself.

Shukes, do you actually read all of the posts? I said ALL players get stick off fans- fella by me wont have a word said about Barkley yet Mirallas can't do anything right, he's always slagging the lad- have you seen the videos of the concourses where the fans are singing the Barkley somg? Do you aee any other player having a song like that? Being adored like that? No you don't.

Shukes, do you actually read all of the posts? I said ALL players get stick off fans- fella by me wont have a word said about Barkley yet Mirallas can't do anything right, he's always slagging the lad- have you seen the videos of the concourses where the fans are singing the Barkley somg? Do you aee any other player having a song like that? Being adored like that? No you don't.

Wasting my time mate. If you think that the stock Barkley gets is the same for any of our players and not over the top then fair enough. Not gonna argue with it.

As for not begging Lukaku to stay... I need to explain this to you. I didn't mean we went on to and got on our hands and knees to beg him.... your not gonna you tube that one.

But we made it perfectly clear that he was in our long term plans. And fan of ours or neutral could see that ( other than you ).

With Barkley we have made it obvious that he is not in or long term plans, even before last Saturday when Koeman said what he said. And of our fans or neutrals can see it. TT isn't the only place where people question what is going on and why.

Your among a small bunch that can't see it.

Are you wrong or right? I don't know, I have just as much info as you. But don't try to tell me that I should t be disappointed in how the club have handled this... because you don't have the facts to change my mind... yet.

I promise I won't try to convince you something has gone on as well.

Wasting my time mate. If you think that the stock Barkley gets is the same for any of our players and not over the top then fair enough. Not gonna argue with it.

As for not begging Lukaku to stay... I need to explain this to you. I didn't mean we went on to and got on our hands and knees to beg him.... your not gonna you tube that one.

But we made it perfectly clear that he was in our long term plans. And fan of ours or neutral could see that ( other than you ).

With Barkley we have made it obvious that he is not in or long term plans, even before last Saturday when Koeman said what he said. And of our fans or neutrals can see it. TT isn't the only place where people question what is going on and why.

Your among a small bunch that can't see it.

Are you wrong or right? I don't know, I have just as much info as you. But don't try to tell me that I should t be disappointed in how the club have handled this... because you don't have the facts to change my mind... yet.

I promise I won't try to convince you something has gone on as well.

If he's not part of our long term plans- why did we offer him a contrect, why has the manager come out and said he wants him to stay, why was he picked for practically every game last season?

All Koeman has done is ask him to step up and become a senior figure and improve his game- is he wrong to do that? He said exactly the same about Lukaku over his hold up play, it's what managers do.

I never said he doesn't get stick, of course he does but so do all players. The way Naismith was treated at times by sections of our fans was embarrassing, booong him, groaning when his name was announced but no one says a word about that but when it's Barkley it's poor Ross this poor Ross that. He has his own song that gets belted out every game, home and away, every fan wanted him to come good and step up, it's been 4 seasons now and he's not pushed on at all. Ross Barkley is to blame for all of this, not the fans, the board, Koeman or the dickheads who shout he's shite week in week out.

On Lukaku, I know you don't mean we begged on our hands and knees but I still don't see anywhere where anything could constitute you thinking we begged him to stay. We said we wanted him to stay and we said exactly the same about Barkley.

To be fair I expressed disappointment in how Naismith was treated as well.

Look, I am disappointed with how it's been handled. I'm not going to change my mind until I hear what.. if anything.. has gone on. I really like Ross as a player and I want him to stay. I have my style of management and others have thiers.

Not saying theirs is wrong or that mine is right. Doesn't stop me feeling dissapointment though.

Koeman said he (Ross) wants a new challenge, who told Koeman that ??

He may not have said it publicly, but he has said it, or Koeman is telling lies.

Didn't want to stay and fight for his place, if he moves to a top six club he'll have to fight against players worth twice as much.

Should give him to Swansea with £25m for gylfi, he might get his place there.

To be fair I expressed disappointment in how Naismith was treated as well.

Look, I am disappointed with how it's been handled. I'm not going to change my mind until I hear what.. if anything.. has gone on. I really like Ross as a player and I want him to stay. I have my style of management and others have thiers.

Not saying theirs is wrong or that mine is right. Doesn't stop me feeling dissapointment though.

You're allowed to feel and think whatever you like mate, the point I'm making is the lad has refused to sign a new contract and said he wants a new challenge- there is not relly anything the club as a whole can do with that. I'm glad we've taken the choicce to sell him and get funds for a new signing out of it and to be honest so should you- the club has to put sentiment aside and do what's right for the club. I'm sure the heirachy at the club are just as disappointed he's refusing to sign but I'm glad we're not pandering to him (I'm glad we didn't try and pander to Lukaku also)

I'm disappointed, I wanted him to say but he's not going to and I think it's not fair to blame the board for this, they've taken every reasonable measure to get him to stay, other than offering him something he doesn't deserve- what else can they do. It's Barkley you should be disappointed with- chance of a lifetime to be his boyhood clubs here and a real chance of silverware for once and at the very first opportunity he bails on us.

I'm not blaming anyone mate.

Just saying I'm disappointed. For all I know, they could have bent over backwards behind the scenes.

At the same time they could have said... look Ross your not gonna be getting a lot of time this year, your welcome to stay but maybe you need to look at your future.

I just don't know. All I know is that I would prefer him to stay and that most of my dissapointment is due to me liking him as a player.

But we are Everton not Ross Barkley and we will move on either way.

I'm buying into the Everton renaissance under Moshiri and RK, that we as fans have wanted for years now and it seems to me that Ross either isn't up to or doesn't want to go with it. As a local lad I wish him well wherever he ends up but as has been said many times it probably means he goes the way of previous players who thought the grass was greener elsewhere.

I'm not blaming anyone mate.

Just saying I'm disappointed. For all I know, they could have bent over backwards behind the scenes.

At the same time they could have said... look Ross your not gonna be getting a lot of time this year, your welcome to stay but maybe you need to look at your future.

I just don't know. All I know is that I would prefer him to stay and that most of my dissapointment is due to me liking him as a player.

But we are Everton not Ross Barkley and we will move on either way.

You said in an earlier post we should have done more to keep him so you clearly are blaming the club.

For the umpteenth time....

As at march 2017 koeman himself said of barkley:-

"Talks are planned but I don't think they have started yet."

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/lukaku-deal-still-not-signed-as-everton-look-to-extend-ross-barkley-contract-35516439.html

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-must-resolve-ross-barkleys-12604443.amp

My conclusion on this is the club let it get to the stage where the player was waiting for a new offer whilst lukaku who had one year longer remaining had been offered one.

Within 2 weeks of his contra t offer he was warned "sign or be sold"....

If they were keen on him signing they will have sorted this earlier... koeman had been uneccaesary in his interviews at the back end of 2016. The writing was on the wall.... add on to that his pursuit of a number 10 in gylfi... I think its fair to say he's not wanted.

We have been inadvertently advitising him for sale imo

Edited by Hafnia

My thoughts on the suggestions so far:

- Barkley is greedy and asking for too much. Possible, but that's more an agent's role.

- Barkley doesn't fit in with Loeman's plans. If so, we're building a team around a strategy, not vice versa, and that's good news.

- Barkley isn't good enough. He's shown enough through the years to prove otherwise.

- Barkley is affected by off the field incidents. Most likely, yes, but that doesn't explain the situation.

- Barkley is seeking new challenges. We have only Koeman's word for that, and I think it's a euphemism.

- Barkley gets too much stick from fans. This must get to him, but it doesn't explain the situation.

- Barkley wants to leave Everton. Maybe, but why?

- Barkley and Koeman just don't get along. This is my guess, probably fueled by several of the above factors.

But we have no idea. Barkley has said nothing, and I'm not going to believe one-sided (and potentially biased) interpretations in case there has been a nasty falling out. It will all come out in the end.

Why would Koeman lie? He wouldn't necessarily lie, but he may well put a serious spin on things if the matter is personal.

If i had to hazard a guess, I think Ross just really doesn't like RK, and/or doesn't want to play for him. I believe that RK thinks he has the quality to be great, and is trying to push him, even publicly, to realize that - and I'm guessing it's had the opposite effect on the player. Maybe he has ridden him harder than others in training etc, who knows. The off the field stuff and other things may all factor in, but I think at the end of the day, he just doesn't want to play for RK

He has been my favorite player for a while, and I wish he would stay and be an important part of the squad. It's going to be better for Everton if he goes to a top 4 for money reasons, but I fear if he doesn't go to a Burnley, Swansea, CP etc...his career will languish.

I'm just pissed because I have to buy a new jersey and have it shipped over now! I may just go with Rooney, he may only be around for a couple years, but at least we know he won't be sold!

I'm just pissed because I have to buy a new jersey and have it shipped over now!

Hahha I see why people call it the new Lukaku thread now.

Obsessed with being proven right.

Thing is, like THAT thread, many people have good points but seem to stick stubbornly to their very own version without really knowing much for sure.

It's a saga that will come to an end soon.

Thing is, like THAT thread, many people have good points but seem to stick stubbornly to their very own version without really knowing much for sure.

That's my whole point. Speculating on contracts and how good/bad they are is just that, speculation.

Same with Barkleys words, I haven't read him say anything... yet Bill knows exactly what he said.

His evidence for this fact.... Koeman said so!

Not Barkley said so, but someone said that he said so haha.

Anyway. I'll wait till we hear the facts.

And in the meantime, I'm right until proven wrong. And whatever Pad says is wrong until .... well it's Pad, it's always wrong.

ive said before with the Rom thread, and I suppose if goes for this one too; anyone who thinks it stops with a transfer is kidding themselves