IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uruguayan, 6'1" 201 lbs.  big lad.  only 22 years old.  31 goals 10 assists in 71 appearances in la liga.  pretty good stats for a young guy.  right footed.  watched some vids and he is a physical and aggresive dude, this guy looks like he would work well in the premier league.  thick build too, no ballet dancer here, target man style build.  good with his head and feet.  

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Hadn't seen any of him until I searched him on YouTube yesterday. This lad looks like the type of CF we need. Aggressive, tenacious, instinctive and some of the headers I saw him score would even make Tim and Duncs jaws drop! 

Blindly excited if the rumours are true for this one.

I disagree - we don’t need a target man as such in my opinion. I’d much prefer Simeone (Diego’s son) from what I’ve seen. Someone who can do the hold-up parts and be a focal point for our attacks but won’t hinder our pressing game. Maxi Gomes seems more in the mould of an out and out target man.

57 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I disagree - we don’t need a target man as such in my opinion. I’d much prefer Simeone (Diego’s son) from what I’ve seen. Someone who can do the hold-up parts and be a focal point for our attacks but won’t hinder our pressing game. Maxi Gomes seems more in the mould of an out and out target man.

Reminded me a little bit of Diego Costa who would fit in perfectly IMO. I suppose we will have to wait and see what marcelo and silva have in store for us. 

In reality we will probably end up either nobody or another Sandro tho 😅

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

If we got rid of Tosun and Niasse then signed Mandzukic and another young striker, it would be a master stroke. The bloke has been a world class striker for the past however many years - on a 1 or 2 year deal his mentality/quality would be priceless. Imagine being Calvert-Lewin and getting to train with this level of player everyday - it’d surely improve his game.

Hit the nail on the head ....... Has been.

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

Hit the nail on the head ....... Has been.

Yep - let’s ignore him being the leading striker in Croatia’s World Cup runners-up team only 12 months ago and the fact that he still played 33 games for Juventus last season and just say he’s a has been because he’s 33. It seems a common theme with you that if a player is past 30, you’ll write them off - very odd!

Not odd at all, he has been a good player but as I said 33 years old and he can only go downwards now. We've already bought a player coming to the end of his career, both will require high wages and there is likely to be no sell on fee.  Last season we had one of the youngest teams in the prem, I dont want to go in the opposite direction and end up with the oldest.

That's why I dont like to see players of thirty coming here, if that's a common theme  Pete, I'm guilty of it.

I don’t want to sign older players as such but we’re talking about someone who was on the most recent shortlist of 30 for the Ballon D’or e.g the best players in the world! We’re not talking about Defoe or Andy Carrol - this is one of the best strikers in the world! Brands and Silva have alluded to the fact that we’ll target players under 26 but if the right ‘more senior’ players present themselves then we’ll be flexible.

I personally don’t see him leaving Juve but if the chance did arise, we’d be foolish to pass it up.

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

I don’t want to sign older players as such but we’re talking about someone who was on the most recent shortlist of 30 for the Ballon D’or e.g the best players in the world! We’re not talking about Defoe or Andy Carrol - this is one of the best strikers in the world! Brands and Silva have alluded to the fact that we’ll target players under 26 but if the right ‘more senior’ players present themselves then we’ll be flexible.

I personally don’t see him leaving Juve but if the chance did arise, we’d be foolish to pass it up.

they need to free up money they just paid through the roof for de ligt and have ronaldo's massive wages on the books.  could be possible

I might be way off here but my the reason dzeko, Mandzukic still score goals is because they play in the Italy. The build up is slower the formations still cater to a “number 9” and the Italian defenders aren’t world beaters they once were. If Tosun doesn’t get game time and I’m not comparing him talent wise then I think that we are definitely after a striker who is mobile and can create for himself. 

35 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I might be way off here but my the reason dzeko, Mandzukic still score goals is because they play in the Italy. The build up is slower the formations still cater to a “number 9” and the Italian defenders aren’t world beaters they once were. If Tosun doesn’t get game time and I’m not comparing him talent wise then I think that we are definitely after a striker who is mobile and can create for himself. 

What I’m saying is we need that mobile striker to vie with Calvert-Lewin but I expect he’ll be young and inexperienced too - it would be incredible to have a player like Mandzukic too. Don’t think it will happen regardless so won’t go round in circles anymore.

41 minutes ago, c1982 said:

What I’m saying is we need that mobile striker to vie with Calvert-Lewin but I expect he’ll be young and inexperienced too - it would be incredible to have a player like Mandzukic too. Don’t think it will happen regardless so won’t go round in circles anymore.

Shame we never kept hold of Rooney for another year or two. Would have gave DCL an invaluable experience playing up top with him. They linked well under Koeman albeit DCL on the wing. 

Twitter is awash with reports of us being linked with Reinier Jesus - his representatives are in London meeting with ours. 

This kid has the ability to be big time. Think David Silva/Eriksen ability, potentially even more. 

Big big gamble but the pay-off could be astronomical. Identified as THE best Brazilian talent of the next generation. He's the next Kaka (think prime).  

36 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

Twitter is awash with reports of us being linked with Reinier Jesus - his representatives are in London meeting with ours. 

This kid has the ability to be big time. Think David Silva/Eriksen ability, potentially even more. 

Big big gamble but the pay-off could be astronomical. Identified as THE best Brazilian talent of the next generation. He's the next Kaka (think prime).  

Kaka eventually lived up to his name though... 

10 hours ago, Lowensda said:

Yeah leave the £40m 17 year old signings for the clubs who already have a star striker and are playing European football. 

• 2 weeks later...