IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Alan Myers just confirmed he is due at Finch Farm today for a medical !

https://sportslens.com/sky-sports-alan-myers-comments-on-reports-linking-branislav-ivanovic-with-everton/306192/

If you want to save your sanity everyone, make sure you actually click the link and read it.

Dunc's being a WUM :lol: 

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Alan Myers just confirmed he is due at Finch Farm today for a medical !

https://sportslens.com/sky-sports-alan-myers-comments-on-reports-linking-branislav-ivanovic-with-everton/306192/

Hahaha you tit!!!! Got me hook line and sinker there. Waited for it to load feeling sick, and thinking of the ribbing I’ll be getting from mates.

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Not a link at all but his name has been floated around the forums... Jack Grealish allegedly valued at £80mil by Villa. Wow.

Grealish will go for insane money, he's English and absolute quality - not to mention that he's young so is only going to get better. If we had an endless pot of money I'd take him in a heartbeat but unfortunately he will be snapped up by one of the Manchester clubs. 

Not that it's this thread but I'm worried about the Zaha rumours, I'll be absolutely mad up when he signs elsewhere because he's the biggest case of "big fish, small pond" I've seen. Not what we need, especially when he will carry a similar fee as Jack. 

57 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Would love Grealish, but at the moment it’s unrealistic for us. The type of money he will go for will be our total spending. It would also destroy any wage policy we have ( if we have one ).

I don’t think you would have to give him huge wages. He won’t be on crazy money at Villa. But the transfer fee will be massive. 

22 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Am I the only one that thinks Grealish is way over-rated? Sure, he's a decent player, but I also think he's a big fish in a small pond. 

Depends on how much you have seen of him I guess. Watching him closely, I honestly think he is underrated. Without a doubt he’s a top six player. 
He will be England’s central figure soon enough.

Or I could be wrong and he will get relegated again haha.

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Depends on how much you have seen of him I guess. Watching him closely, I honestly think he is underrated. Without a doubt he’s a top six player. 

I think he'll make it in the Premier League at a mid to lower level club. 

So at the moment he's perfect for us. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

Am I the only one that thinks Grealish is way over-rated? Sure, he's a decent player, but I also think he's a big fish in a small pond. 

The difficulty with Grealish is his position. He gets the run of things at Villa and they have him playing off the left wing but I suppose what you would call a Pienaar type position but he doesn't look to have the same defensive responsibility. 

It all depends on whether the team that want him can afford to do similar. I have seem him get guilty of losing the ball sloppily when he has played deeper, holding onto it for too long or trying to be a bit too complicated. 

My view would be if you could play him in an advanced midfielder role, preferably from the left then he is worth every penny. If your plan is to mould him into a true centre mid then it would be a risk and he could "flop". I guess in some ways its the Pogba dilemma. 

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The difficulty with Grealish is his position. He gets the run of things at Villa and they have him playing off the left wing but I suppose what you would call a Pienaar type position but he doesn't look to have the same defensive responsibility. 

It all depends on whether the team that want him can afford to do similar. I have seem him get guilty of losing the ball sloppily when he has played deeper, holding onto it for too long or trying to be a bit too complicated. 

My view would be if you could play him in an advanced midfielder role, preferably from the left then he is worth every penny. If your plan is to mould him into a true centre mid then it would be a risk and he could "flop". I guess in some ways its the Pogba dilemma. 

But we do that already with out left sided midfielder. Pre lockdown we saw it mostly at home with Bernard. When we get the ball he looks to move in behind the strikers, into the ten position. Leaving lots of space for our left full back to get forward. And a more typical winger on in the right. 
Without the ball a more rigid 442. I think Grealish would be perfect for that role, but we won’t get him anyway. James would be suited to it as well, already played that role under Carlo many times. Probably more chance of signing him too. 

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think that's my point. He seems like a luxury player.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

But we do that already with out left sided midfielder. Pre lockdown we saw it mostly at home with Bernard. When we get the ball he looks to move in behind the strikers, into the ten position. Leaving lots of space for our left full back to get forward. And a more typical winger on in the right. 
Without the ball a more rigid 442. I think Grealish would be perfect for that role, but we won’t get him anyway. James would be suited to it as well, already played that role under Carlo many times. Probably more chance of signing him too. 

I agree, but we don't have a hope in hell in signing him. I was thinking more about the type of clubs that he will be looking at and the ones that will be looking at him.

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree, but we don't have a hope in hell in signing him. I was thinking more about the type of clubs that he will be looking at and the ones that will be looking at him.

I think there is only us in the premier league who would suit him and he needs to realise that 

😂

• 2 weeks later...