IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

He is a prick, but it’s also a sad indictment on how football is becoming a business for greedy bastards with no passion or loyalty for the job they are doing. 

He was on talksport yesterday whinging about how no fans impacted him ..... No awareness about how things impact other teams too.

Then he proceeded to tout himself for punditry and air time. He's one seriously greedy fucker - how much money does he need? Must be worth an absolute fortune.

17 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's all gone stale, so while a surprise it's probably the right move all round.

I am a little surprised by it. They sold a key attacker, had a season ending injury to another and that left them with Traore... which is enough said. 

Even the younger lads they brought in to play out wide have looked bright before also getting injured for a long time, missing the end of the sesson. 

I am not sure it was the right season to try a 4 at the back though and they looked as awkward as ever against us, just toothless. 

To me it felt more like a blip in an otherwise progressive club. I wonder if he will end up at Spurs?

They remind me of us in Martinez's final season. Absolutely devoid of any plan going forward, they end up crowding themselves up the pitch but don't play the ball fast enough to create anything. (Although off ball they are much more organised than Martinez's side).

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Liking the halftime score at Wembley, hopefully stays that way. Brentford's 10th playoff appearance and have nine fails to their name so far.

I just always hope for someone new to the division, it's so boring seeing the likes of Norwich and West Brom bounce in-between the two leagues, as much as Swansea have been out for a little while now, it'd be nice to see Brentford have a go. 

At 2-0 with half an hour to go, they really shouldn't be losing this now.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I just always hope for someone new to the division, it's so boring seeing the likes of Norwich and West Brom bounce in-between the two leagues, as much as Swansea have been out for a little while now, it'd be nice to see Brentford have a go. 

At 2-0 with half an hour to go, they really shouldn't be losing this now.

My thoughts exactly. For some strange reason my dad took me and my brother to watch Aldershot play them at Griffin Park many moons ago, no idea why.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...