IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

An ex neighbour ours who is a female constantly said at the end of every sentence no matter what it’s context the 2 words “ and that “. For instance she would say “ just got back from walking the the dog and that” or it could be “ I went shops earlier and that “ it use to drive me nuts. 

Lukaku sets up and scores 15 minutes into his debut, an exceptional footballer who will absolutely tear up the Premier League. Was in fine form for Inter and would have been great at Manchester United had he not been criminally mismanaged.

Chelsea lead 1-0.

Edit: Tuchel's Chelsea are going to go down as one of the greats, they're just magnificent to watch. Obviously not a second team or anything like that, but an XI that you really want to do well just because of the magic they can conjour up.

Making Arsenal look like a League Two side (and now lead 2-0).

16 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Will Virgil van Dijk stop Romelu Lukaku?

The Essential Football Podcast: Jamie Redknapp on Liverpool vs Chelsea and much more

Nah! He's recovering from an horrific injury.

If he keeps Lukaku quiet, it will be all about how remarkable of a comeback it is by VVD. If Lukaku has his way with him, it will be all about how VVD was horrifically injured by Pickford and needs time to get back to his best. 

🥱

Nailed on penalty, he moves his arm towards the ball and pushes it away. Had it been just off his knee then no, but he moves his arm to clear his lines - he knows exactly what he's doing. 

Just annoys me how Anthony Taylor looks at VAR for literally 0.5 seconds (basically, he didn't make the decision the VAR official did) and he then shit the bed by booking about 14,327 Chelsea players, just seemed to cause more chaos than necessary.

Sadly, nailed on Liverpool win now. At home and with an extra man - it'd be seriously impressive if Tuchel can mastermind a point (or three) here.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Nailed on penalty, he moves his arm towards the ball and pushes it away. Had it been just off his knee then no, but he moves his arm to clear his lines - he knows exactly what he's doing. 

Just annoys me how Anthony Taylor looks at VAR for literally 0.5 seconds (basically, he didn't make the decision the VAR official did) and he then shit the bed by booking about 14,327 Chelsea players, just seemed to cause more chaos than necessary.

Sadly, nailed on Liverpool win now. At home and with an extra man - it'd be seriously impressive if Tuchel can mastermind a point (or three) here.

See what it looked like to me is the ball bounced off his thigh onto his arm, and then he reacts by stretching his arm out. So by the time he stretches his arm out, the ball is already off him. It was in instinctual movement, but the ball had already moved off him. 

When the ball hit his arm the first time, it was so close to where it bounced off his thigh that he couldn't have reacted in time

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think it had to be a penalty but not a red card. Once it hits his knee it is no longer a goal scoring opportunity in my book. 

Good performance from Chelsea though, I think Liverpool still look a bit shaky.

It’s a harsh red. If it happened against us we would be screaming for it but in all honesty he has tried to play it with his thigh. No clear intent for me. I just wish that had happened to liverpool player because Klopp would have blown a gasket the wanker.

Should have taken Lukaku off for Werner.  As soon as it went to 10 men Lukakus interest level just plummeted.  Quite frankly he just isn't very good against decent defenders.   He made matip look like Bobby Moore. 

Chelsea will be up there come end of season, the manager is shrewd tactically.  They have enough firepower to not rely on Lukaku all the time which is the key to having him. He will get a brace at least Vs Norwich. 

The referee needs investigating, awful decision.... Yes it was a penalty. No way was it a red card no chance 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Should have taken Lukaku off for Werner.  As soon as it went to 10 men Lukakus interest level just plummeted.  Quite frankly he just isn't very good against decent defenders.   He made matip look like Bobby Moore. 

Chelsea will be up there come end of season, the manager is shrewd tactically.  They have enough firepower to not rely on Lukaku all the time which is the key to having him. He will get a brace at least Vs Norwich. 

The referee needs investigating, awful decision.... Yes it was a penalty. No way was it a red card no chance 

The part that needs investigating is why he took absolutely no time to look at the VAR. I was utterly perplexed by it.

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

You just can't help yourself can you? 😂

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You just can't help yourself can you? 😂

Lol Did you say the same last week to the people quoting me after his game against the worst team in the premier league?

As predicted, a challenge against a proper team unveils the Lukaku we all know exists beneath the goal stats.