IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Phil Neville really does spout some crap.

• _74831510_phil_neville-5.jpg
    Phil Neville

BBC Match of the Day

QPR 0-0 Tottenham

"If Tottenham are to qualify for the Champions League then they are going to have to win all their remaining games."

That would give them eighty points Phil; think they could afford to drop a few off that and still be top four.

Spent two days in Britain this weekend (leave from Heathrow this morning), and it was like I never left: As in the 70s and 80s, all I read in the paper was about pitch invasions and fans throwing things. Well done Villa!

Was your fault Steve, everything was OK until you came back :shaking fist:.

Pleased to see Arse win at ManU tonight. United really are poor; loved the di Maria sending off + Januzaj simulation yellow. If it wasn't for de Gea they'd be down with us.

Schalke gave Real Madrid a real fright there.

So a team that's twelve points behind Wolfsburg in the league can go to the Bernabeu, score four and win.

We put six past Wolfsburg over two legs while they just squeeze a late consolation.

Real must be really grateful we're not in the Champions League, we'd destroy them B).

Schalke gave Real Madrid a real fright there.

So a team that's twelve points behind Wolfsburg in the league can go to the Bernabeu, score four and win.

We put six past Wolfsburg over two legs while they just squeeze a late consolation.

Real must be really grateful we're not in the Champions League, we'd destroy them B).

Really great match. Ronaldo was the only real player who looked up for it. Di Matteo had them doing well, and they're close to Champs league qualifying too. Seems he's a decent manager after all.

I was thinking exactly the same about Di Matteo.

Tactically he beat real. The 352 agaisnt their 433, he was pushing all out attack and quick fast counter attacks. Real was so lethargic because of the 2-0 first leg win they just felt like coasting.

Bravo to him for giving it a go and beating them. Might not have won on aggregate but he's got a fan in me now. Class.

Made up psg won. Those cheating scum from Chelsea surrounded the ref on the zlatan tackle just like they did in our match. That needs to be banned.

Costa the thug deserved a red, zlatan was not a red, was a yellow.

I don't understand why their isn't a rule where the captains are the only ones who can talk to the ref during the match. It's really puts too much pressure on the ref when the entire team surrounds him.

I don't understand why their isn't a rule where the captains are the only ones who can talk to the ref during the match. It's really puts too much pressure on the ref when the entire team surrounds him.

Pretty sure there is, its just not enforced.

Its down to the ref's. If I was refereeing I would visit both dressing rooms before the game and ask for the managers to be there. I would issue clear instructions that in the event of a query on any decision, then I would listen to the captains and explain my decision. If any player other than the captain gets involved, he will be booked. If it happens a second time he will be booked again and sent off. Can't believe this hasn't been made mandatory by the powers that be.