IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Garth Crooks is such a numpty.

"I'm not surprised Burnley are struggling - teams that do come up start well, it's the euphoria, the freshness of the Premier League, but tiredness sets in - mental fatigue, bodies get exhausted because the tempo and physicality of the Premier League is very tough, you see that even with top class foreign players, who can take a year to adjust."

They got four points from their first ten games, how is that starting well?

He really is an idiot.

I quite like Burnley and hope they stay up. They are actually a team that play like a team and havent rinsed the finances and wrung the changes since they were promoted. They lack pretty much any actual Premier League quality but a good team can overcome that and I think they might.

I quite like Burnley and hope they stay up. They are actually a team that play like a team and havent rinsed the finances and wrung the changes since they were promoted. They lack pretty much any actual Premier League quality but a good team can overcome that and I think they might.

Agree with all of that.

I wouldn't say them not spending is anything to talk them up with tbh, they just want the pay day of a season in the PL so have spent fuck all to keep it all in their bank account. The WBA method.

Maybe... I just hate seeing it when players work so hard in the Championship to get promoted to the Premier League and then never get to kick a ball because they have bought a bunch of mercenaries or unknown foreigners on much higher wages just because they can afford it.

Trust the players that brought you up and buy players in gradually, Strengthen your weakest areas but keep the same team dynamic.

De Gea must be the most athletic keeper in the league. His reach and the speed in which he gets down is incredible. Still needs to work on coming off his line and dealing with crosses but I'm not sure there is a better shotstopper.

That Pelle isn't bad for Saints either. Clever player and to think he couldn't hit a barn door in his first few games. Told you there is hope for Kone!

De Gea must be the most athletic keeper in the league. His reach and the speed in which he gets down is incredible. Still needs to work on coming off his line and dealing with crosses but I'm not sure there is a better shotstopper.

That Pelle isn't bad for Saints either. Clever player and to think he couldn't hit a barn door in his first few games. Told you there is hope for Kone!

Useless information time. He was in the AZ Alkmaar team (managed by va Gaal) we played back in 2007, and he scored. Should've bought him back then :lol:.

Think I'm right in saying that was the first time AZ had ever lost at home in Europe; was a dead game for us (as per Krasnodar) because we'd already won the group and played a weakened team. Bjarni Vidasson came off the bench (think that was his only ever appearance).

Not watching it but stats look like United are stealing this one; three shots, two on target and two goals against Saints fifteen shots for one goal. Is it just de Gea having a blinder Bailey?

If that's the case then RVP is the only one who's had any attempts on goal coz Sky showed those stats for him just before!

Not watching it but stats look like United are stealing this one; three shots, two on target and two goals against Saints fifteen shots for one goal. Is it just de Gea having a blinder Bailey?

More a case of Saints wasting chances. They did a lot of good work up until the 18 yard box and then wasted it. De Gea made a couple of good saves but even ones that went just wide he had them easily covered with his dive. Utd were crap and the first goal was an underhit back pass (or telegraphed backpass) and the 2nd should have been a simple catch for Forster but he stayed on his line and then RVP squeezed it through his legs from a tight angle to add salt to the wound!

Useless information time. He was in the AZ Alkmaar team (managed by va Gaal) we played back in 2007, and he scored. Should've bought him back then :lol:.

Think I'm right in saying that was the first time AZ had ever lost at home in Europe; was a dead game for us (as per Krasnodar) because we'd already won the group and played a weakened team. Bjarni Vidasson came off the bench (think that was his only ever appearance).

Didnt realise that! I dont remember Pelle but I remember Bjarni coming on before he fell off the face of the earth!

Didnt realise that! I dont remember Pelle but I remember Bjarni coming on before he fell off the face of the earth!

Dembele was in their team as well; Bjarni seems to have found his level in the Danish super league, regular starter for Silkeborg (although they're bottom by a distance currently so maybe it'll be in the next level down).

"As champions of England, Manchester City deserve the backing of the nation when they face AS Roma in the Stadio Olimpico aiming to secure the result to take the club into the Champions League knock-out stages," writes Mark Ogden in the Daily Telegraph.

"For one night only, City should be the country's team because losing two Premier League clubs from the Champions League in the space of 24 hours would suit nobody connected to English football."

That's going to happen Mark :rofl:.

Having said the above I'm not sorry that City qualified tonight; no way will they win the Champions League but they'd potentially have been a real force in the Europa.

great point mike i didn't think of that. aguero gets healthy and it would've been theirs to lose. very glad they are not in it. scared of Roma though, that group was very talented, any other group and they would have qualified.

De gea shouldn't be motm. Lpoo chances were poor de gea only made one save, the rest were hit at him credit to his positioning but not motm worthy. Fellaini deserved it, broke up play and got the ball forward no messing about.

Carra et al bumming de gea, should be highlighting how poor sterling is.

Edited by pete0