IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I read one comment last night at the BBC site where they were mocking the Lithuanian substitute. Apparently, he plays for Nuneaton in one of the conference leagues. Well, quite frankly, good for him. And good for a team as small as Lithuania holding England to just 4 goals. Hardly the "thrashing" described by their headline.

I have a lot of admiration for these small teams. They play for national pride. Long may they continue to compete in these competitions.

I read one comment last night at the BBC site where they were mocking the Lithuanian substitute. Apparently, he plays for Nuneaton in one of the conference leagues. Well, quite frankly, good for him. And good for a team as small as Lithuania holding England to just 4 goals. Hardly the "thrashing" described by their headline.

I have a lot of admiration for these small teams. They play for national pride. Long may they continue to compete in these competitions.

When we played San Marino a few months ago the commentators on ITV were tearing them apart, talking about how they shouldn't be involved in these tournaments because they're so poor etc. I was disgusted by it tbh and just made me despise their coverage even more.

I bet the person who wrote it never played anywhere near that level; wish I'd been "bad" enough to play non-league.

Agree completely (and with what Mark said).

Lots of admiration for the "smaller" teams. They deserve every chance. Just now watching the FA Trophy final. North Ferraby United against Wrexham and Wrexham have more board members than the entire population of Norht Ferraby. It is the highest trophy that they have ever been finalists in. 1 - 0 down at the moment but only 1 - 0. Go on lads do yourselves proud and have a f*cking great day out.

Lots of admiration for the "smaller" teams. They deserve every chance. Just now watching the FA Trophy final. North Ferraby United against Wrexham and Wrexham have more board members than the entire population of Norht Ferraby. It is the highest trophy that they have ever been finalists in. 1 - 0 down at the moment but only 1 - 0. Go on lads do yourselves proud and have a f*cking great day out.

Turned into a cracking end to the game. Looking forward to the rest of it :)

Turned into a cracking end to the game. Looking forward to the rest of it :)

What a turn around!

Thinking about it, my local team (Guildford City) won the previous version of the FA Trophy (Southern League Cup) in 1967; then when I lived in Wimbledon they won the FA Cup, then Tiverton Town won the FA Vase twice when I lived there in the nineties.

I need to move to L4!

So pleased that Gibraltar scored their first competitive goal - with a policeman scoring against the Scots. Here's a comment from Radio 5 after 20 minute: "Gibraltar have been very, very good so far, and they've probably shaded it - even though Scotland have had more of the ball." All that's forgotten now, of course, with everyone calling for the small teams to be banned. Such hypocrisy.

Sunday World journalist Kevin Palmer: Is McGeady meant to be a winger, a midfielder or what? Looks like he's doing an audition for Riverdance every time he gets a pass.

He's fluffing terrible. Absolute waste of a contract. One of the reasons I'd never be able to wholeheartedly trust Martinez in the Transfer Window.

According to him, McGeady is one of the last remaining 'true' world class wingers....

Martinez doesn't rate McGeady so high as to play him so much. We haven't seen him since his sending off in which he was actually having a good game!

Low risk, low cost signing, hardly like Liverpool signing Aquilalaini and Robbie keane for £20m apiece. We can get rid for what we paid.