IGNORED

John Stones

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/29/report-manchester-city-paying-close-attention-to-lukaku-even-tho/

Apparently reported by the Sun suggesting that Man City would be interested in a swap deal of Bony for Stones.

From the Bony side I'd be happy for us to get him. He's another player who's suffered at the hands of Man City/Chelsea transfers following a good year at a smaller club. He was very good at Swansea.

Not sure how it works out value wise, but he cost them 25million and hasn't progressed since being at City so I'd say Stones has a higher sale value than him especially given Stones is the younger player with more portential value increase.

I'd say Bony and 10 million would do nicely.

Bony is to me what Lukaku is to Haf. I don't rate him at all. I think he's pretty poor in all honesty and £15m for him would be robbery.

Bony is to me what Lukaku is to Haf. I don't rate him at all. I think he's pretty poor in all honesty and £15m for him would be robbery.

This for me, they can pay 40 and through in Bony too, but even then he'd only ever be a backup striker.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/29/report-manchester-city-paying-close-attention-to-lukaku-even-tho/

Apparently reported by the Sun suggesting that Man City would be interested in a swap deal of Bony for Stones.

From the Bony side I'd be happy for us to get him. He's another player who's suffered at the hands of Man City/Chelsea transfers following a good year at a smaller club. He was very good at Swansea.

Not sure how it works out value wise, but he cost them 25million and hasn't progressed since being at City so I'd say Stones has a higher sale value than him especially given Stones is the younger player with more portential value increase.

I'd say Bony and 10 million would do nicely.

I don't particularly like Bony anyway but I would be furious if we only got £10M in a swap for Stones. In fact I would be pissed off if we got double that

No for me I'd rather get Pelle for similar or less and keep hold of Stones

What's the percentage Barnsley get for the sell on fee?

Pelle in theory shouldn't be that expensive. Would much rather him to Bony. He's one of the best target men in the league imagine deulofeu, Mirallas and Barkley playing off him. Could even stick him up top with rom and let Pelle do all the nitty gritty, rom would flourish.

I feel like I've just gone back in time 12 months.

Maybe after he's back in training and these things come out I'll start to believe it a bit more. I don't doubt his agent and City are hand in hand with all of this, but after he's met Koeman and had a chat about what the club want, things may turn out different.

If not, £50m please.

I feel like I've just gone back in time 12 months.

Maybe after he's back in training and these things come out I'll start to believe it a bit more. I don't doubt his agent and City are hand in hand with all of this, but after he's met Koeman and had a chat about what the club want, things may turn out different.

If not, £50m please.

This. Speculation is exciting and all, but I'll doubt any deals to sell players have been agreed BEFORE players have returned for training and the new manager has a chance to see them and speak with them.

Also, for an English central defender of his age and experience in this market, I'd demand far more than £50m. Other clubs can fuck off if they think they can push us around financially in 2016.

I work with a City fan who's been telling me for months it's a done deal that Stones is leaving. He's got mates with inside knowledge of City, blag bla bla. I just want him to be wrong, he does my head in.

If your reading this John Stones, please stay so I can shut this prick up.

I read something a week or two ago saying how he would love to work alongside Hart & Sterling.

Hart who'll probably be dropped and Sterling who's a donkey, will continue to deceive.

Got to be quite unsettling for the team though, knowing someone is pushing for a move and wants to move on to a CL team to win things, get more money and work with some of the best managers in the world.

Got to be quite unsettling for the team though, knowing someone is pushing for a move and wants to move on to a CL team to win things, get more money and work with some of the best managers in the world.

It would be if he actually said it... or his agent/dad

as far as football business goes, I expect players to conduct themselves in a professional manner, they respect the club and leave conversations to happen with the appropriate people - not journalists.

I'm pretty sure John will have been asked on many occasions what he wants to do, who he wants to play for etc etc. He hasn't said a word. I respect that. If only others could follow his lead - imagine if he piped up a few months ago when we were in 2 cups and fighting for our league place? that would have been bad that. That would have affected the "chemistry".

He didn't so fair play. I guess the club are happy to use him as means of getting funds in - after all we exercised the right not to sell him last year didn't we?

as far as football business goes, I expect players to conduct themselves in a professional manner, they respect the club and leave conversations to happen with the appropriate people - not journalists.

I'm pretty sure John will have been asked on many occasions what he wants to do, who he wants to play for etc etc. He hasn't said a word. I respect that. If only others could follow his lead - imagine if he piped up a few months ago when we were in 2 cups and fighting for our league place? that would have been bad that. That would have affected the "chemistry".

He didn't so fair play. I guess the club are happy to use him as means of getting funds in - after all we exercised the right not to sell him last year didn't we?

Completely agree, but the fact is that he wants to go. Whether its in the media or a grumble on the training ground, it's irrelevant for me, the want-away element is there. The silence, whilst I agree with you is preferred, it can send just as deafening a message as someone who won't shut up.

I'm still hoping this is all media shit stirring and RK can sit him down and get him to stay 1 more season, to see that potential realised with an actual m

to us, yeah. But I mean with his teammates who see him nearly every day. They must know and that's the potential destablising factor (not that I buy it completley)

Big difference between 2 players discussing career options whilst doing pre training stretching or whatever and players opening a newspaper to see that one of their team mates believes they deserve a better level of football.

Big difference between 2 players discussing career options whilst doing pre training stretching or whatever and players opening a newspaper to see that one of their team mates believes they deserve a better level of football.

If they're discussing in training or in the papers, it is still sending a message to their team mates and thats the point. Going through the media just pisses us off in addition.

If they're discussing in training or in the papers, it is still sending a message to their team mates and thats the point. Going through the media just pisses us off in addition.

sorry Matt - absolute nonsense. Using the media brings attention to the team from outside sources and when its negative its very disruptive as the press do not leave it alone.

We have seen this year the winning formula has been togetherness - you do all your business behind closed doors. Worse things happen in training than knowing one of the players may look to move on - players have fights, arguments, some plainly do not get on. When this stuff escapes the confines of the club then that is when it is used against you. It is the biggest sport in the world, the biggest league in the world, there are probably 1000's of different news sources that circulate anything they can get their hands on.

SAF was a master of running a tight ship - do you think Beckham getting a boot hitting his head was the reason he left? No. It was the fact that he arranged for the press to photograph him with his hair band exposing his stitches that was the final straw.

Was the fact that Roy Keane had a go at other players the reason that SAF let him go? No, Ferguson loved the fact that Keane said what he wanted to say, Keane had run ins with loads of his team mates - it was the fact that he used an MUTV interview that put it out in the public domain that was the issue. Fergie knew that he had to go.

I personally think you are drawing parallels between Stones and Lukaku and there are absolutely none. We as a club have struggled with a media perception that we aren't big enough for some players, that we must sell our Rooneys, Rodwells, Lescotts and Artetas when the big boys come calling. We made a statement of intent by rejecting the Chelsea offer for Stones, he kept his mouth shut and the club earned praise and respect for standing up to the money bags..... 5 months later a player who has 3 years left on his contract pretty much stated he was off as we weren't big enough for him..... yep bravo that man.